• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why are video games so expensive at walmart?

User Info: FredericChopin

FredericChopin
6 years ago#11
I sometimes comparison shop between the local Walmart and local Gamestop.

Often times the differences between the two for newer games/new releases is pennies (like $49.99 versus $49.95).
Sometimes Walmart is considerably more expensive.
However, the Walmart bargain bin sometimes has really good deals.
If you are looking for obscure games, Gamestop is usually better, at least that has been my experience.
Lastly, there seems to be a real difference between Walmarts in terms of their video game selection. The Walmart I usually go to has a limited selection of PS3 games.
A few weeks back I was in a Walmart I had never been to before, and was stunned by the vast amount of older PS3 games they had - some several years old.

If Walmart is a place for "trash" people to shop, count me in, I don't mind :)
"I see Wrong;Siders"

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
6 years ago#12
JohnWall32 posted...
They price match Amazon so who cares?

do you think I have time to stand in that long return line out the door waiting to save 5$?
ain't nobody got time for that.
Dark Souls 3 platinum trophy - 100%

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
6 years ago#13
potatochobit posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
They price match Amazon so who cares?

do you think I have time to stand in that long return line out the door waiting to save 5$?
ain't nobody got time for that.

Wow, you sound so entitled.
You expect Wal-Mart to sell games for $5 cheaper, and so Wal-Mart sucks because you aren't getting what you want.
Wal-Mart exists to make a profit, and not to make sure that your childish tantrums are pacified.

And you do have options...like waiting a few months for the price to come down.
Oh, but I forgot...you are so entitled that you have to have a $5 discount NOW (the day a game is released).

User Info: JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson
6 years ago#14
I know what you mean. In Toronto Other M can be found for 75 still.
"I'll attract the enemy with my human call: 'I'm so wasted! I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, WC3

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
6 years ago#15
shawnmck posted...

Wow, you sound so entitled.
You expect Wal-Mart to sell games for $5 cheaper, and so Wal-Mart sucks because you aren't getting what you want.
Wal-Mart exists to make a profit, and not to make sure that your childish tantrums are pacified.

And you do have options...like waiting a few months for the price to come down.
Oh, but I forgot...you are so entitled that you have to have a $5 discount NOW (the day a game is released).

I hate to point out the obvious
but if I can buy a game on amazon and have it shipped directly to my house for the same price

why would I want to drive down to the walmart
select a game and then stand in line for 20 mins with all the poor people
(no offense poor people)
just to have a game price matched which I could have bought at home

I am sorry if I expect competitive pricing from the nation's largest retailer
heaven forbid you get a good deal on a roll back
Dark Souls 3 platinum trophy - 100%

User Info: GaroOfSpellFyre

GaroOfSpellFyre
6 years ago#16
Why do you live where smart people can't follow, TC?

User Info: shawnmck

shawnmck
6 years ago#17
^^ Amazon sells more games than Wal-Mart does, so they can afford to offer a more substantial discount, such as cheap shipping.
Amazon & Wal-Mart shouldn't really be compared, since they do things quite differently.
Amazon is a huge On-line seller, whereas Wal-Mart gets most of its sales from an in-store purchase. As such, Wal-Mart has more overhead (expenses) to consider.

User Info: Irony

Irony
6 years ago#18
Why would you buy stuff at Walmart
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: archizzy

archizzy
6 years ago#19
In my area they seem to always be the same as any other Brick and Mortar store. Many times Amazon or other online places are better but that's common. Internet is usually better than B&M.
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton

User Info: Shiiiru

Shiiiru
6 years ago#20
Ew, its chobit.

He's some disgusting old timer that calls people 'kids' on the internet. Don't take him too seriously peeps.

Shiiiru out~
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Why are video games so expensive at walmart?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A