• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So...why did The Order 1886 get so much hate?

User Info: yoshi006

yoshi006
5 years ago#1
Just finished the game yesterday and I don't understand why it got so many complaints during launch.

The major complaint I've heard is that the game is short and is supposed to only be about 5 hours. That is a complete and utter lie. It took somewhere around 8-10 hours to finish, which is the standard, and IMO perfect, length for a third person shooter. The gameplay is typical TPS fare, and it has some really cool guns. The thermite gun is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a game like this. Plot and characters are nothing special but they get the job done. Yeah, it ends on a cliffhanger, but it's really not that bad. (Although maybe I'm biased because Trails in the Sky has the biggest cliffhanger I've ever seen in a game, so any other video game cliffhanger never really bothers me much. :p)

So yeah, all in all it was a very solid and fun game. Why did people hate it so much?
Good gameplay can easily salvage a bad story. Good story can never save bad gameplay.
The best games, however, have both.

User Info: reidyboy102998

reidyboy102998
5 years ago#2
Graphics over gameplay/story.
"These violent delights have violent ends." https://imgur.com/T6YyCVX PSN: reidy16982 Other PSN: Da3boys-RDB XGT: yoshio1998

User Info: shibulator

shibulator
5 years ago#3
I think your signature says it all.
Privacy and intimacy as we know it will be a memory, among many to be passed down to those who never knew

User Info: deadwarrior456

deadwarrior456
5 years ago#4
and it wasn't worth the money

but £20 or £25 or lower "its TOTALLY WORTH IT"

User Info: Kresnik

Kresnik
5 years ago#5
shibulator posted...
I think your signature says it all.

User Info: ThugETH

ThugETH
5 years ago#6
Because it could and should have been so much more.
30/9/2005 <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone!?

User Info: xHuckleberry

xHuckleberry
5 years ago#7
There is no correct formula for a good game.

Things as simple as your own mood will effect how you react to something the first time. If you like a games gameplay, or story, does not mean the next person will.

Thats the beauty of art. We all see it differently, which is why trying to put a stop to any of it should be a crime.
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.

User Info: GaroOfSpellFyre

GaroOfSpellFyre
5 years ago#8
"Best game ever! 10/10"

"A new evolution in gaming! 11/10"

"I divorced my wife and left the kids at the theme park for this game!"

User Info: Dark_Spiret

Dark_Spiret
5 years ago#9
because its 6-7hour (i honestly dont know what you did to get to 10hours) game with mediocre gameplay for half of it and a poorly written movie for the second half being sold at full price. now that its substantially cheaper its easier to swallow.

User Info: SeventyEighty

SeventyEighty
5 years ago#10
It has insanely horrendous pacing for its story, its incredibly short, and it has at best, decent third person shooting.
Destiny 2
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. So...why did The Order 1886 get so much hate?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A