• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. MGSV has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.

User Info: Epic_Writer

Epic_Writer
4 years ago#1
It's the Dragon Age Inquisition of stealth games. Solid gameplay but completely lifeless world (even worse than DAI) and repetive missions. After playing Witcher 3 it was hard to put more than 20 hours into MGSV.

Gone is the cinematic storyline MGS was famous for. Snake doesn't even talk. It's awkward. From what I heard the ending was butchered or even cut out too

Lifeless world, no civilians, no random events

Fetch Quest Missions that all feel the same. You can approach these different ways that keeps it somewhat fresh but after doing the same damn extraction mission for the 5th time things get stale

Motherbase feels pointless. Don't even see your buddies there, nothing to do.

Game rewards speed running and lethal kills over slower stealth runs wtf

Mediocre bosses that don't live up anywhere close to the MGS series. Espically MGS Snake Eater.

All guns sound almost the same

Awkward and poorly implemented multiplayer

GLAD TO SEE IT GOT DROPPED DOWN FROM ITS 95 METACRITIC TO A 93 ONLY ONE HIGHER THAN W3 THAT WAS WAY TOO HIGH. PAID REVIEWS OR JUST PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAYED 10 HOURS I DONT KNOW...

89 User for W3
82 user for MGSV

Nuff said. Such a letdown after the great reviews and loving all the other MGS games.

IM REALLY SICK OF EVERY GAME BEING BIT BY THE OPEN WORLD BUG AND SACRIFICING QUALITY AND STORY FOR IT

Its truly a 8 at best and thats mostly because of the high production values and solid gameplay.

User Info: ProMWM

ProMWM
4 years ago#2
I see your point. Gameplay wise, you can execute the way you deal with a situation in a lot of different ways. It's a fantastic stealth game. Story, cutscenes, bosses... Yeah, it kinda lacks, which is unfortunate.

At least the gameplay is solid though.
PSN / Steam: Tenkaichi06

User Info: BlueSolitude

BlueSolitude
4 years ago#3
It's a good game just not the best.
"Why fit in when you were born to stand out?"

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 years ago#4
Yep.

I didn't even think the gameplay was that amazing because the mission design lacks creativity.

It feels like more like and Assassin's Creed than a GTA. ie, more of a collectathon/checklist design than unique, handcrafted missions.

There's no variety and the pacing is piss poor. And whoever came up with the tape design can go to hell.

Nope. MGS4 and V simply do not exist for me.
"Even though I'm no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?"

User Info: Epic_Writer

Epic_Writer
4 years ago#5
I figured I would get flamed. My OP probably seemed a little trollish but I read all the reviews and I was really hyped and I just felt so empty after playing it for a while.

User Info: DoctorKoolMan

DoctorKoolMan
4 years ago#6
i agree

gameplay is good, but nothing amazing. Quests are repetitive (only like 8 different kinds)

the story telling/writing is some of the worst ive seen in any AAA game this/last gen. Every time miller opens his mouth i smile in embarrassment for whoever wrote/performed those lines

a game that requires so much real-life waiting time isnt a game of the year. Period.

fun concepts, but the game feels like an unfinished tech demo, as opposed to ground zero which felt like a small overpriced tech demo that was at least finished
Games Playing: Smite, MGS 5, TLoU (Grounded), and PS One Classics

User Info: kenff6

kenff6
4 years ago#7
So, what, it's like the GTA 4 of this generation? Nearly perfect reviews but everyone seems to hate it?

User Info: dirtyjuice

dirtyjuice
4 years ago#8
I'm buying this game solely for the MP.

Since most people seem to think the gameplay is top notch, I'm assuming the MP will be amazing.
The juice did this.

User Info: DoctorKoolMan

DoctorKoolMan
4 years ago#9
be careful with that assumption

uncharted has soem fun game/gunplay, but the mp was just meh compared to other shooters imo
Games Playing: Smite, MGS 5, TLoU (Grounded), and PS One Classics

User Info: il_capitano

il_capitano
4 years ago#10
DoctorKoolMan posted...
be careful with that assumption

uncharted has soem fun game/gunplay, but the mp was just meh compared to other shooters imo

Are you really comparing Uncharted Gameplay with MGS gameplay?

lol
Shenmue 3 baby!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. MGSV has to be the most overrated game I've ever played.
  • Topic Archived