Playing Rocket League is more like playing Soccer/football than any FIFA or PES

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Playing Rocket League is more like playing Soccer/football than any FIFA or PES

User Info: zedzilla

zedzilla
3 years ago#1
80/80 on my first try

Most soccer games are automated snooze fests. Now it may not look like a regular game of soccer but Rocket League forces you to take so much into account:

Angle and force of impact on ball

Timing and direction to jump and hit the ball

Dribble control

Positioning of your team mates

Intelligent centering to create play opportunities for your team

Judging distances

Physical blocking and disrupting of oponent players

No soccer game actually simulates the feeling of playing a real life game of soccer as well as rocket league does

User Info: DeviousLight

DeviousLight
3 years ago#2
It's probably the most fun I've had in any game in months.
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.

User Info: Lowtan_Lane

Lowtan_Lane
3 years ago#3
DeviousLight posted...
It's probably the most fun I've had in any game in months.

Man this.
The sad sad age of winning an internet argument being the highlight of your day.
PSN: Lowtan

User Info: legendxmyth

legendxmyth
3 years ago#4
FIFA does a decent job at a lot of these points but Rocket League just feels a ton more dynamic. I love it so much.
PSN: mythxlegend XBL: legendxmyth Steam: agentofdoom

User Info: blaze9990

blaze9990
3 years ago#5
Yeah not being able to get online is totally like real football
Leader of the PS3 GTA V Board
PSN: flipication

User Info: Alkeez

Alkeez
3 years ago#6
Football games like FIFA/PES simulates a game on tv. If you want to simulate playing football yourself, i would rather compare it to the modes where you create a player and control just him. You can probably adjust the settings so it feels less automatic :P

I love the game and i love that games like this gets an audience, but lets not discredit the real football games :P
3DS FC: 3067-6595-2576
I'm like Jon Jones, I sound like Sean Combs and I got trombone size stones like John Holmes -Chael Sonnen

User Info: zedzilla

zedzilla
3 years ago#7
blaze9990 posted...
Yeah not being able to get online is totally like real football

I've been playing for hours that sounds like a personal problem

(Try again it's really fun!)

User Info: AbstraktProfSC2

AbstraktProfSC2
3 years ago#8
Alkeez posted...
Football games like FIFA/PES simulates a game on tv. If you want to simulate playing football yourself, i would rather compare it to the modes where you create a player and control just him. You can probably adjust the settings so it feels less automatic :P

I love the game and i love that games like this gets an audience, but lets not discredit the real football games :P

I dig your sig, Mac.
https://www.mygamerprofile.net/card/onesig/Abstrakt1.png
http://i.imgur.com/IpQzE.png

User Info: BruceLee1974

BruceLee1974
3 years ago#9
I do love it atm but do think it will probably get boring quickly as there arent any different game modes.

I really hope they add some add ons to this game to give it some longevity.

I reckon a destruction type of game mode would be fun, sometimes i like driving around and just wrecking the other opponents.

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
3 years ago#10
Yeah, FIFA/PES just doesn't capture that raw, live feel of soccer that a game like Rocket League does. The frantic rush towards the ball, the missed shots, the confusion of players around you as the ball is tossed around..I really enjoyed Rocket League and I can absolutely see what you mean. Anyone who has played soccer, knows the feeling of having to constantly orient yourself about where the ball currently is, who's around you, doing the manual judgements of every single action and the feel of just missing a pass or a dribble as the ball flies past you.

Once FIFA gets a First Person Mode, I honestly believe it would make things a lot more different.
-War. War never changes. (Fallout)
-War. War has changed. (MGS4)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Playing Rocket League is more like playing Soccer/football than any FIFA or PES

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived