• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If you delete a game from your PS4...

User Info: mfpolasky

mfpolasky
6 years ago#1
...do you still retain the game saves? Either on the system or in "the cloud" of PS+? Just wondering because my PS4 is already at capacity and if I get new games I'll have to start deleting game files on my system.

User Info: The_Ivory_Man

The_Ivory_Man
6 years ago#2
Yes saves do keep.

They are stored in a separate place

User Info: mfpolasky

mfpolasky
6 years ago#3
Ok good. So if I delete games from my library I could reinstall them at a later time and pick up where I left off?

User Info: Gradieus

Gradieus
6 years ago#4
mfpolasky posted...
Ok good. So if I delete games from my library I could reinstall them at a later time and pick up where I left off?

yep

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
6 years ago#5
Yay, not like silly Vita

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
6 years ago#6
The only thing that happens is if you were to copy the save elsewhere and delete the one on your system, you wouldn't be able to copy the save back until the game is reinstalled. Otherwise, like the others have said, the saves will remain on the system.

User Info: ultrab0iii

ultrab0iii
6 years ago#7
i hate the installing game into your HDD thing. i have 8 disc games and i don't even have enough room on my harddrive for all of it.
PSN= ultrab0ii

User Info: compulsiveliar

compulsiveliar
6 years ago#8
ultrab0iii posted...
i hate the installing game into your HDD thing. i have 8 disc games and i don't even have enough room on my harddrive for all of it.

But here's the beautiful side to that: The PS4 installs games really, really fast. Now, if you're reinstalling a game that requires a huge update then you might have to wait unless you want to play patcless.
It's alright if I troll but, if you troll me back, I cry to the moderators. -kinco360

User Info: Foppe

Foppe
6 years ago#9
Dont play eight games at the same time, problem solved.
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC

User Info: takidigits2005

takidigits2005
6 years ago#10
Foppe posted...
Dont play eight games at the same time, problem solved.

This. Also, I usually uninstall games I"m no longer currently playing.
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. If you delete a game from your PS4...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A