• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can you disable game updates from downloading?

User Info: HoIlywood

HoIlywood
5 years ago#1
topic....there's a patch coming out for Dragon Age today and I don't want it to get downloaded, they happen automatically but is there a way to stop it?

HoIlywood
5 years ago#2
Bump
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.18

User Info: patro555

patro555
5 years ago#3
Turn off your internet or just simply stop it in the notification area when it starts. You can still play game without update.

HoIlywood
5 years ago#4
no, I do other things online, there should be a way to disable game updates

User Info: takidigits2005

takidigits2005
5 years ago#5
If the download has already started, go to the notifications menu, then got to "downloads." Next, highlight the download message and press the options button. Finally, click on "delete" and hit "yes."
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

HoIlywood
5 years ago#6
it hasn'[t happened yet

jesus can you guys please answer my question??????

how do i stop them from even starting? is there an option under settings to turn OFF AUTO UPDATE? stop giving me options that rely on me being on my PS4 24/7 and waiting for a download to start

User Info: Iceberg73e

Iceberg73e
5 years ago#7
There is no way to stop it.
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios

HoIlywood
5 years ago#8
BS, there has to be

User Info: takidigits2005

takidigits2005
5 years ago#9
HoIlywood posted...
it hasn'[t happened yet

jesus can you guys please answer my question??????

how do i stop them from even starting? is there an option under settings to turn OFF AUTO UPDATE? stop giving me options that rely on me being on my PS4 24/7 and waiting for a download to start

Yes, there is a box you can check (I think it's under system settings) that will disable automatic downloads. The problem is that when you try to start up a new game, the game will automatically try to download any available update whether you have the automatic downloads box checked or not.
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

User Info: rapius002

rapius002
5 years ago#10
There isn't.
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|OUYA|Gaming laptop
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can you disable game updates from downloading?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A