• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. not enough free system memory?

User Info: ghaleon_8686

ghaleon_8686
6 years ago#1
So for the past couple months I have been using the ps4's web browser to watch twitch. Suddenly today I can't even get my "followed channels" page to load without getting the error "there is not enough free system memory". I try refreshing and quickly clicking on the channel that I want to watch and cant even make it before the error pops up again.

I have tried rebooting in safe mode and rebuilding the database but that seems to have accomplished nothing. I did a google search and have found topics dating around launch with no solutions. Just not sure why now all of a sudden I would start getting this error after months of the browser working fine.

Really hoping somebody has a solution to this.
"Making political statements are for other people to do. We want people to smile and have fun when they play our games." -Nintendo, Reggie Fils-Aime

User Info: Stouffer1

Stouffer1
6 years ago#2
Happens to me too. I always close all open pages after the error and reopen twitch. Seems to be more stable after holding circle to close.
"We're on a mining ship, three million years into deep space. . . can someone explain to me where the smeg I got this traffic cone?"

User Info: Southern_Boss

Southern_Boss
6 years ago#3
Close all pages and delete browsing history usually helps with me.

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
6 years ago#4
8GB of DDR5 memory at work, everyone.
"If I wanted to play dress up the dolly... I'd go play with my niece." -Digital Storm

ghaleon_8686
6 years ago#5
tried both the suggestions and it is still happening. Could the update have caused this issue? its been working fine for so long and now it is just unusable.
"Making political statements are for other people to do. We want people to smile and have fun when they play our games." -Nintendo, Reggie Fils-Aime

ghaleon_8686
6 years ago#6
also I noticed today that if I don't move the joystick at all it seems to load for abit, but as soon as I move the arrow curser with the joystick it gives me the error.

Does anyone use the web browser a lot and have no issues since the update? or is this a common problem but just nobody is posting?

User Info: RussellGorall

RussellGorall
6 years ago#7
I get it, too. I usually just close a page or two on the browser. Considering that I can pause a game, then go to a browser on the same console I am not too flustered by it. When my kid is on the PC it is a great feature.

I don't understand the message, though. I can suspend a game and go watch stuff on Netflix, then jump right back into the game in a few seconds. What about the browser is taking up that much memory?

edit - I haven't had it happen the time or two I had a webpage open up since the 2.0 update.
Cannibal Corpse - 25 Year Killing Spree and running...
GT - CuddlyREDRUM PSN - honkayjeezus NNID - CuddlyPurrvert
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. not enough free system memory?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A