• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. HINT: You can create playlists for use in the USB Music Player

User Info: ReDDevil2112

ReDDevil2112
6 years ago#1
I have not found a way to do this using the PS4 itself, however if you use a computer to create a playlist saved as a .m3u file type, then place that file on the USB drive, you can then select that file as you would a song on the USB Music Player on the PS4. All the songs in the playlist are then displayed.

I figure this will come in handy for a lot of people. Now you can create music playlists specific tailored for each game experience! Hopefully Sony eventually adds a function to create and manage playlists on the PS4 itself, but other than that I love the music player and I'm glad Sony added it in.
They're a herd of people eating monsters! We can't let them have their way!!

User Info: true_gamer80

true_gamer80
6 years ago#2
what the.....a topic with someone sharing tips and being helpful, instead of finding something to whine and complain about....*head blows up*

thanks for the tip!

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
6 years ago#3
Thanks for posting

User Info: rapius002

rapius002
6 years ago#4
true_gamer80 posted...
what the.....a topic with someone sharing tips and being helpful, instead of finding something to whine and complain about....*head blows up*

thanks for the tip!

This.

Thanks! It will definitely come in handy for those certain games that jive better with a certain style of music.
NES|SNES|N64|GC|Wii|Wii U|GB|GBP|GBC|GBA|GBA SP|DS|DS Lite|DSi|3DS|MS|Gen1, 2, & 3|32x|CD|Sat|DC|GG|Nomad|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|PSP-2000|Vita|OUYA|Gaming laptop

User Info: MONTANNA632

MONTANNA632
6 years ago#5
Frustrating that even the simplest music players have playlist functions yet the PS4 hasn't'. The PS3 do it at LAUNCH. How long would it take just to create a playlist option...
"You will not be able to hide behind the Presidency - right here, right now, you are going to face justice."- Jack Bauer

User Info: NeoGrayFAQ

NeoGrayFAQ
6 years ago#6
Does this mean you can't create subfolders within the MUSIC folder of the USB drive? That's how I was going to do it originally, just create a folder for each game...

I'm assuming it can only look for music in that MUSIC folder (you figure it'd be smarter than that), so this playlist trick will come in handy.

Thanks for posting.

User Info: iamlegend82

iamlegend82
6 years ago#7
MONTANNA632 posted...
Frustrating that even the simplest music players have playlist functions yet the PS4 hasn't'. The PS3 do it at LAUNCH. How long would it take just to create a playlist option...

The PS3 didn't play music at all at launch, you lying little troll.

User Info: iamlegend82

iamlegend82
6 years ago#8
NeoGrayFAQ posted...
Does this mean you can't create subfolders within the MUSIC folder of the USB drive? That's how I was going to do it originally, just create a folder for each game...

I'm assuming it can only look for music in that MUSIC folder (you figure it'd be smarter than that), so this playlist trick will come in handy.

Thanks for posting.

You can have folders within the music folder.

User Info: Rentekabond

Rentekabond
6 years ago#9
@ NeoGrayFAQ

You can make sub folders and when you click a song in that sub folder, it only plays the ones in that folder.

User Info: NeoGrayFAQ

NeoGrayFAQ
6 years ago#10
Oh, interesting. I might just do that. Thanks!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. HINT: You can create playlists for use in the USB Music Player
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A