• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is the orange light supposed to pulse in rest mode?

User Info: Chargrilled

Chargrilled
4 years ago#1
After updating to 2.0 i noticed that in rest mode the oramge bar on the top of my ps4 pulses.
Never noticed it pulse before. Is it new feature or something else?
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!

User Info: Ocelot4444

Ocelot4444
4 years ago#2
It always pulsed for like 5 seconds before stopping and turning to a solid orange bar.
PSN: XxTigerheartxX
Currently Playing: The Last of Us Remastered, Driveclub, The Evil Within

Chargrilled
4 years ago#3
it keeps pulsing now for me

Its been in standby/rest mode now for over an hour and its still slowly pulsing.

Ocelot4444
4 years ago#4
turn off the console, enter safe mode. Hold the power button until it beeps twice, then rebuild database. Should fix the issue.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 years ago#5
Same with mine and it just continues. System won't turn back on, respond to button presses other than beeping and won't power on using the controller or Remote Play.

The only way to get it to turn back on is to pull the AC and reboot it.

MetalZoic
4 years ago#6
Ocelot4444 posted...
turn off the console, enter safe mode. Hold the power button until it beeps twice, then rebuild database. Should fix the issue.

It won't turn off or respond. Or do you mean pull power so it restarts, then shut it all the way off from the menu, then hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it back on?

Mine has gone through the re-building database thing twice, but no luck.
(message deleted)

Ocelot4444
4 years ago#8
MetalZoic posted...
Ocelot4444 posted...

It won't turn off or respond. Or do you mean pull power so it restarts, then shut it all the way off from the menu, then hold the power button for a few seconds to turn it back on?

I know when you do the initial FW update it will rebuild it, but for the ones having problems with rest mode. Do as I posted above to help fix the issue.

Chargrilled
4 years ago#9
I couldnt power off normally because no buttons worked

Had to pull from the wall.

After a scary storage check Nd entering rest mode again, the orange light is just glowing and not pulsing.

Hopefully it will switch on ok later.

MetalZoic
4 years ago#10
Ocelot4444 posted...
MetalZoic posted...
Ocelot4444 posted...

I know when you do the initial FW update it will rebuild it, but for the ones having problems with rest mode. Do as I posted above to help fix the issue.

I've rebooted in safe-mode and then picked the rebuild database option a few times now. No luck, didn't fix it. The system still goes dead in standby with a blinking orange light. Completely unresponsive.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Is the orange light supposed to pulse in rest mode?
  • Topic Archived