• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Buying on US PSN and using UK account

User Info: spidey2

spidey2
6 years ago#1
Hi,

I am from the UK and was wondering if it is possible to buy a game on the US network and then use it on UK account.

Will this work for games not yet released in UK? For example, I think Fifa 15 is released in US on the 23rd but not until 25th here in the UK. Can i download it and play it early?

Thanks
©RãÑÐ ©¥m®Ã€G ©ÅÐ - tÃÑtÃLÛ$ gÃÑG

User Info: Sephivengeance9

Sephivengeance9
6 years ago#2
I imagine that it would, it did on the PS3.

Then again, though, I haven't actually put my US PSN account onto my PS4 yet so I couldn't give you a definite answer. Worst comes to worst, you'll have to play it on the US account you register, I imagine.
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3

User Info: Phantom_Opera_G

Phantom_Opera_G
6 years ago#3
games are normally released in the States a few days earlier than the UK but yes you can make a US PSN account but in order to buy anything you will need to acquire funds, I'd suggest buying codes on ebay because unfortunately the US store does not accept UK bank cards, or at least it didn't when I tried it a few years back. For setting up a US account check out this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tImZEQazok
Definition of a dog: Not a cat

User Info: Phantom_Opera_G

Phantom_Opera_G
6 years ago#4
Sephivengeance9 posted...
I imagine that it would, it did on the PS3.

Then again, though, I haven't actually put my US PSN account onto my PS4 yet so I couldn't give you a definite answer. Worst comes to worst, you'll have to play it on the US account you register, I imagine.

yea I was going to say that myself, I've downloaded a few things for my brother's PS4 (Strider, P.T) and he cannot play them on his account. To say it's pretty lame is an understatement, especially when you consider you could do play the games on any account on the PS3
Definition of a dog: Not a cat

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
6 years ago#5
Yes it will work. I do this all the time. You just need to set the US account also as Primary on your PS4. Then your UK account gains access to those games.

As for funding your wallet, Amazon.com sells PSN cards and accepts UK Credit Cards, I've bought from them several times. So you don't need to lose money by buying cards from random websites anymore. PS Store also accepts PayPal now, so you can pay directly through PSN using your PayPal account, regardless of region.

So, very easy payment options are available now.
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

User Info: lostkiwi

lostkiwi
6 years ago#6
It is possible. You simply need to create a US account as well on the same PS4. You can play games that you purchased on your US account with your EU account, including trophy & online support and what not.

I have done this with my EU account too, purchasing a number of games with a US alt account.

The only problem is actually making the purchases, since most avenues require a credit card from that region. The best method I have found is to use services that offer digital PSN cards (google "psn card digital delivery" or something similar to find loads of options). You can pay with your regional credit card and you get emailed a PSN code that you can redeem on the US store using your US alt.

Those services charge a little extra of course on top of the cost of the PSN card. Here in Australia I find that the games have to be at least 30% more expensive than local PSN costs for it to be worthwhile.
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/

User Info: lostkiwi

lostkiwi
6 years ago#7
prozac786 posted...
Yes it will work. I do this all the time. You just need to set the US account also as Primary on your PS4. PS Store also accepts PayPal now, so you can pay directly through PSN using your PayPal account, regardless of region.

Does an EU Paypal account work on the US PSN? I know some services still perform geo bountry checks even through paypal (presumably on your billing address).
Find out about PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Wii U games here:
http://rustygamer.wordpress.com/

User Info: spidey2

spidey2
6 years ago#8
Great,

Thanks for the advice guys. Might give it a go with fifa to see if it works!

Good idea with the psn cards might have a look online and see if I can find them!

Thanks again.
©RãÑÐ ©¥m®Ã€G ©ÅÐ - tÃÑtÃLÛ$ gÃÑG

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
6 years ago#9
lostkiwi posted...
prozac786 posted...
Yes it will work. I do this all the time. You just need to set the US account also as Primary on your PS4. PS Store also accepts PayPal now, so you can pay directly through PSN using your PayPal account, regardless of region.

Does an EU Paypal account work on the US PSN? I know some services still perform geo bountry checks even through paypal (presumably on your billing address).

Yep it does. Paypal has no region boundary as far as I am aware. I've used it a couple of times before. PS Store just charges PayPal, and then PayPal charges the bank account/credit card I have linked to it.

Amazon.com works this way too, it just charges my UK credit card because an Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk account is the same.
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

User Info: MaJiiK-x

MaJiiK-x
6 years ago#10
Hi mate did you do this. I'm thinking of doing it now and buying the us pan card from ebay to get code
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Buying on US PSN and using UK account
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A