• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 controllers now shipping with new type of rubber on the sticks

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
6 years ago#1
So I was told today by a Sony rep that the new PS4 controllers are shipping with a new type of rubber used on the analog sticks to prevent them wearing out so quickly. Only thing is, I wasn't told how you know the difference. He seemed to indicate that all the ones currently in the stores have the new rubber but that doesn't seem accurate because some stores probably did not sell out of their stock.

Anyone heard the same and perhaps know a way to tell? Maybe something on the packaging to indicate that we are buying the new ones with the better rubber?
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
6 years ago#2
I don't believe you
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg

User Info: MyDogSkip

MyDogSkip
6 years ago#3
Better buy new ones. I don't want to use expired rubbers.
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
6 years ago#4
BeefEaster posted...
I don't believe you

Then don't. Some stores in the UK were out of stock and couldn't get more right away. They had to wait for new production.

There's no reason for the rep to lie about this, as it's a pretty widespread issue to begin with.
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
6 years ago#5
Yay, mine is still going perfectly after a few hundred hours of play. So, if this turns out true, my next controller will last forever.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: Neonwarrior1243

Neonwarrior1243
6 years ago#6
95_Eclipse posted...
Yay, mine is still going perfectly after a few hundred hours of play. So, if this turns out true, my next controller will last forever.

It didn't seem like all the first batch used the same rubber or something like that since only one of the 3 controllers we have has peeled and they all have a lot of playtime.

User Info: pinky

pinky
6 years ago#7
Doritos dust, Mountain Dew, and pizza sauce laugh at this topic.
Square-Enix killed Final Fantasy and is now dead to me: "...hopefully Square Enix can find a phoenix down and revive it." -Skorp_X

User Info: Terry-bogard

Terry-bogard
6 years ago#8
Mine is launch model, I use it pretty much every day , never seen tear or wears on it. I take every picture of damaged dual shock 4 I see as the handywork of a drunk orang outan.

I think it's sad that sony even considers relleasing dual shock models for people that can't use them properly.
You can't , I repeat , You can't damage a dual shock if you use it like an adult , Not ONE of my sony controller ever got any problem since the psx.
Only kids brag about performances in a videogame. Being good at a videogame is only about spending time playing it , nothing special about it.

User Info: PlayaMadeTxn05

PlayaMadeTxn05
6 years ago#9
Terry-bogard posted...
Mine is launch model, I use it pretty much every day , never seen tear or wears on it. I take every picture of damaged dual shock 4 I see as the handywork of a drunk orang outan.

I think it's sad that sony even considers relleasing dual shock models for people that can't use them properly.
You can't , I repeat , You can't damage a dual shock if you use it like an adult , Not ONE of my sony controller ever got any problem since the psx.

I'm very careful with any system and its accessories, and I've had the same issue. The Sony rep told me the same thing. They've received multiple calls and complaints about the tearing of the rubber on the sticks and that they were shipping out new controllers with "better" material at no charge.

Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it can't happen to anyone else who takes care of their equipment.
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
6 years ago#10
cmdrdredd posted...
So I was told today by a Sony rep that the new PS4 controllers are shipping with a new type of rubber used on the analog sticks to prevent them wearing out so quickly. Only thing is, I wasn't told how you know the difference. He seemed to indicate that all the ones currently in the stores have the new rubber but that doesn't seem accurate because some stores probably did not sell out of their stock.

Anyone heard the same and perhaps know a way to tell? Maybe something on the packaging to indicate that we are buying the new ones with the better rubber?

would be interesting if this is true, not for the fact that it was needed, but the fact we haven't heard anything so as usual Sony is trying to bury a design flaw and pretend it never happened.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. PS4 controllers now shipping with new type of rubber on the sticks
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A