• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop $10 off coupon question

User Info: Poplipten

Poplipten
6 years ago#1
So I used my rewards points to get this in hopes to get a $10 PSN card. That didn't work even though other people have been able to do it. I don't know why.

But my question is this. Can I use that coupon toward a preorder, since there isn't anything I want to get right away?

User Info: BloatedSquirrel

BloatedSquirrel
6 years ago#2
It's pretty much just a coupon code. There's no actual value they would be able to put towards that pre-order. You can use it when you buy the actual game though.
"They'll just put the tools down if they want to do the drugs bad enough."
FFXIV Character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/

User Info: Poplipten

Poplipten
6 years ago#3
Damn, I was kind of afraid of that. It should really be gift codes instead of coupon codes. You're so limited to what you can do.

Thanks for the answer though.

User Info: BloatedSquirrel

BloatedSquirrel
6 years ago#4
Poplipten posted...
Damn, I was kind of afraid of that. It should really be gift codes instead of coupon codes. You're so limited to what you can do.

Thanks for the answer though.

No problem. Ya I think the coupon codes won't work on time cards, gold cards, etc. Although I was able to use one on some Guild Wars 2 gems. The manager just said f*** it and did an override lol.
"They'll just put the tools down if they want to do the drugs bad enough."
FFXIV Character http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/4981957/

User Info: PackersBadgers7

PackersBadgers7
6 years ago#5
Mayyyybe this will help. I wanted to do that and I know a few of the guys who work at my local Gamestop, one told me it doesn't work then he said "Actually, hold on" and he went and grabbed a pre owned $10 game, rung it up like I bought it with the coupon, I "returned" it even though he never gave it to me, got 10 dollars, and got the card.

lol So maybe you could cheat the system and try that or ask the guy if he'd be willing to do that.
"I was God once."-Bender "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died." -God

User Info: redmarth

redmarth
6 years ago#6
Right above the Get it now button on the rewards page in the description typed in bold letters.
"Not valid toward gift cards, DLC or POSA cards"

Sucks cause I almost have 10,000 pts. would've gotten a psn code if I could too.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Gamestop $10 off coupon question
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 1419 Questions (1419 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A