• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can multiple accounts be logged in at the same time?

User Info: FenDieselLives

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#1
My brother is coming over and he owns infamous digitally. I'd love to play it on my account if possible. Anyone know if this is possible?
PSN and Xbox 360: FenDiesel
3DS: 1263-6201-6423

User Info: patkelly929

patkelly929
7 years ago#2
Is he bringing his PS4? Because yes, multiple accounts can be logged in, but I don't think you can play his digitally owned game on your console.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5371-8850 - Fletchinder, Magmar, and Charmeleon. PM me to get added.
PSN & XBL: ThePatKelly

User Info: Karimosaur

Karimosaur
7 years ago#3
Only way that you can play his games on your console is for him to make your console his primary console, then you'll have to download secon sons

apart from the gaming part, yes multiple accounts can be logged into on 1 PS4, and each member gains trophies for his/her account as well
Psn: Karim17

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#4
He is not. I know on Xbox One he can use his profile to download games on my system and as long as he is logged in we can both plays his digital games. I was hoping PS4 would work the same.

User Info: MilesTeg420

MilesTeg420
7 years ago#5
Only if he makes your PS4 his "primary console".

Otherwise, you can only download and play the game on his account, and only while he is signed into your console on his account.

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
7 years ago#6
FenDieselLives posted...
He is not. I know on Xbox One he can use his profile to download games on my system and as long as he is logged in we can both plays his digital games. I was hoping PS4 would work the same.

It does work the same. Exactly.

As long as he stays signed in, you can play all his digital games on your PS4. No need to set it as primary.
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#7
Great to here! Thanks everyone!

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#8
How do you have multiple accounts logged in at the same time? I can only find a way to have one of us logged in at a time.

User Info: gtaking5

gtaking5
7 years ago#9
FenDieselLives posted...
How do you have multiple accounts logged in at the same time? I can only find a way to have one of us logged in at a time.

I'm not 100% sure on this as I only tried it back on November 15th, but if you have two or more controllers on you'll be able to sign into another account with that controller. Person 1 is Blue. Person 2 is Red. Let's say Red starts up a a game with his controller. At that point, it should be Red who's account is being used for the game. I know when me and my brother got our PS4's back in November I wanted to play KZ, so instead of taking his controller I just started it up with mine and the game acted as if I was player 1. We were out of town so we only had 1 TV to use.

Again, I am not 100% certain about this, and I don't have a second controller readily available. So if someone else could test this that'd be great.

Oh and I also do know for a fact that more than one person on the same PS4 can all be in the same party chat. So if you have 3 people on a single PS4, all signed into their own PSN, all 3 can join a party chat if you are playing a 4 player game(like Mercenary Kings) with a friend who isn't at your house, and all 4 can talk with each other, if the other 2 local players have their mics.
http://i.imgur.com/1WapMWc.png
Titanfall - Best Call of Duty Game - GamesRadar, E3 2013

FenDieselLives
7 years ago#10
Can anyone confirm if the controller method works? If it does, I'll pick up a controller tonight!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Can multiple accounts be logged in at the same time?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A