• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you think SQEX will be able to release FFXVI worldwide on December 18, 2017?

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
December 18, 2017 is the 30th Anniversary of Final Fantasy. Do you think Square Enix will be able to release FFXVI worldwide on this date? - Results (116 votes)
Yes. FFXV will release in 2015, so they'll have 2 years to pump all resources into FFXVI and get it out by then.
6.03% (7 votes)
Yes. Hiroyuki Ito has been secretly making FFXVI for years now. The game will definitely be ready by that date.
33.62% (39 votes)
No. Development of FFXVI will take time, as it's built from the ground up for PS4/One. It won't be ready in 2017.
30.17% (35 votes)
No. SQEX will focus on completing the FFXV trilogy before releasing FFXVI. We'll instead get FFXV-2 in 2017.
30.17% (35 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I expect FFXVI to be announced at E3 2015 and released in 2017 as the AAA game to celebrate the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.

The main convincing evidence is that Hiroyuki Ito has been secretly working on the game since possibly August 2007, which is when FFXII IZJS released in Japan. This meaning FFXVI will have been in development for over a decade by December 2017. With a development time that long, the game will definitely be something special. Ito took 5 years to make FFXII, which ended up having amazing graphics for a PS2 game, a massive Open World to explore, and loads of items, equipment, and side-quests. If he could achieve that with FFXII in 5 years, what he'll be able to achieve with FFXVI in 10 years will be incredible.

For those that want a list of points that reveal Hiroyuki Ito is secretly working on FFXVI for current-gen hardware, see the thread I made here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68940756
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: Shy420

Shy420
5 years ago#2
When was FFXVI announced? Is this one of those completely hypothetical questions that has no bearing what so ever on reality? It has to be right, Sqeenix even if they announced FFXVI tomorrow we wouldn't see it for a minimum of three years.
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

User Info: Demon_Acker

Demon_Acker
5 years ago#3
FFXV might not even me out by then, let alone FFXVI
http://i.imgur.com/ZNPzaVy.jpg

User Info: Spade21X

Spade21X
5 years ago#4
Pretty sure if FFXV doesn't sell like FFIV then they will milk the crap out of FFXV and create 2 sequels like FFXIII. Maybe even a card game, a handheld spin-off, a rhythm game, and a random board game just for the hell of it. I can even see McDonald's toys based on the game, a CGI film and a FFXV: The Animation.
Currently Playing: Batman: Arkham City (PS3) | Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (PSV)
PSN: Spade21X - NFC: 5241 - 1904 - 3885

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
5 years ago#5
I highly doubt FFXVI will be announced this E3, when we only got an official announcement of FFXV last E3.

There's hardly any info on XV, let alone a release date. I'm sure they'll be focusing on that first, before even mentioning XVI.
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

1Truth
5 years ago#6
Shy420 posted...
When was FFXVI announced? Is this one of those completely hypothetical questions that has no bearing what so ever on reality? It has to be right, Sqeenix even if they announced FFXVI tomorrow we wouldn't see it for a minimum of three years.

FFXVI hasn't been announced, but it's obviously already in production. Square Enix always have two mainline FF games (barring MMOs) in development at once. If FFXV is in development, another team is also making FFXVI. When FFXII was in development, another team was also making FFXIII.

Demon_Acker posted...
FFXV might not even me out by then, let alone FFXVI

I doubt FFXV will release in 2016 or later. The game began development for PS3 in 2005, after all.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

1Truth
5 years ago#7
prozac786 posted...
I highly doubt FFXVI will be announced this E3, when we only got an official announcement of FFXV last E3.

There's hardly any info on XV, let alone a release date. I'm sure they'll be focusing on that first, before even mentioning XVI.

I said FFXVI will likely be announced E3 2015, which is next year. That said, I expect FFXV's release date to be announced this year. It will likely be at E3 in June, TGS in September, or Jump Festa in December.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: sevihaimerej

sevihaimerej
5 years ago#8
I see you guys aren't familiar with 1Truth yet, just to let you know there is no point listening to anything he says. For evidence of his trollery just check out any topic he has ever made, especially on the FFXII and FFXV boards.
The Official Kartikeya and Dahn Tsukigata of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board

User Info: prozac786

prozac786
5 years ago#9
1Truth posted...
prozac786 posted...

I said FFXVI will likely be announced E3 2015, which is next year. That said, I expect FFXV's release date to be announced this year. It will likely be at E3 in June, TGS in September, or Jump Festa in December.

My bad, I read E3 2015 and for some reason thought it's this E3 coming up. O.o
PSN Prozac786
"It shows how poorly education and raised someone really are." bob15x

1Truth
5 years ago#10
sevihaimerej posted...
I see you guys aren't familiar with 1Truth yet, just to let you know there is no point listening to anything he says. For evidence of his trollery just check out any topic he has ever made, especially on the FFXII and FFXV boards.

Firstly, I don't troll on any board. People just call me one because they disagree with my opinions, especially with Ito secretly making FFXVI. Secondly, there's no trolling happening in thread. It's a simple poll with diverse choices. People are free to choose whichever option they like with no force on my end. I merely added my opinion on the poll in my OP and explained why I believed it, even giving a link to my thread with evidence.

I hope this explains myself. I don't want to derail this thread with trivial debates.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you think SQEX will be able to release FFXVI worldwide on December 18, 2017?
  • Topic Archived