• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Confirmed: Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is also on the FF Committee

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
Confirmed at GDC 2014 in a PC Gamer interview with Naoki Yoshida. The interview was mainly about his FFXIV ARR post-mortem and also FFXIV ARR Patch 2.2, which is releasing March 27th. However, the interviewer also asked him about the FF Committee:

PC Gamer
Q: Final Fantasy XIV is the first FF that you've ever worked on. How does it feel to be such a respected and admired FF director even when you have very little history working on games in the series?

Naoki Yoshida: Well, I played most of the past FF games, so I still have a lot of knowledge on what those games were about. That said, it's very humbling to have FF fans regard me so highly. I hope I can live up to their expectations with future patches and expansions for FFXIV.

Q: You are also on the FF Committee, what is that like?

Naoki Yoshida: The FF Committee was created to ensure that the FF series stays on track and each important FF director knows what the others are doing. Personally, it's a tremendous honour for me to be part of it, as I get to discuss with people I greatly admire, such as Yoshinori Kitase and Hiroyuki Ito.

Fantastic news. If Hiroyuki Ito's on the FF Committee, he must be working on something behind the scenes. He never worked on FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV ARR, or the forthcoming FFXV, so there's a high chance he's secretly making FFXVI behind the scenes. I hope the game is announced at E3 2015.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: Shadow_Cloud

Shadow_Cloud
5 years ago#2
... do you have like a shrine to this man in your closet? Every topic you make I swear is related to this guy.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#3
Shadow Cloud posted...
... do you have like a shrine to this man in your closet? Every topic you make I swear is related to this guy.

I simply want him on FFXVI, as it's the only way the game will evolve off the game design and battle system in FFXII.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Confirmed: Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is also on the FF Committee
  • Topic Archived