• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Points that indicate Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is making FFXVI

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
**Version 1.1**
> Added some recent points (October 2013 - February 2014) to the list.
> Corrected some grammar and spelling mistakes.
----------

This topic for those that are worried that current-gen (PS4/One) will revolve around FFXV and its sequels, much like last-gen (PS3/360) did with the FFXIII trilogy. The following points provide corroborated evidence that Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is likely currently working on FFXVI for PS4/One. Therefore, we can rest assured that FFXVI, a single-player FF game that has no relation to FFXV, will also release on PS4/One.

November 2011
> Yoshinori Kitase said that we may get FFXV and FFXVI in the near future.

February 2012
> Hironobu Sakaguchi told me face-to-face while he was in London, UK to promote The Last Story, he believes Hiroyuki Ito could make FF a leading and respected RPG series again.

March 2012
> Shinichi Tatsuke, producer of the iOS/Android game Guardian Cross, stated that Hiroyuki Ito only provided the original concept for the game and was not actually a member of the development team.

August 2012
> Naoki Yoshida said that Hiroyuki Ito was not working on FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. However, he wouldn't disclose what game Ito was working on.

> Naoki Yoshida said that FFXIV ARR is the starting point of regaining people's trust in the FF franchise. He added it will make people excited to see what will be in store for them in FFXV and FFXVI.

September 2012
> Hiroyuki Ito said that the current-gen hardware (PS3/360) were too weak to handle his gameplay ideas, as he was being held back by not enough RAM and CPU power.

February 2013
> Naoki Yoshida said that back in December 2010, when he became Producer/Director of FFXV 1.0, many other staff were brought in from other projects. He added that Hiroshi Minagawa is multi-tasking FFXIV ARR with another big project. Minagawa is not working on LR FFXIII or FFXV, so what other big project is he also working on? Bare in mind that Minagawa was the Director of FFXII with Hiroyuki Ito.

May 2013
> I asked Toshiyuki Itahana via Twitter if Hiroyuki Ito will direct another mainline FF, as FFIX and FFXII are my favorites. He replied saying that he also respects Hiroyuki Ito as an amazing game creator, and that I should please look forward to Ito's next game.

> Nobuo Uematsu told me face-to-face while he was in London, UK for a FF concert by the London Symphony Orchestra, he can guarantee that Hiroyuki Ito will direct another FF game. When I asked if Ito will direct either FFXV or FFXVI, he laughed and replied that his answer would get him in trouble with Square Enix.

June 2013
> FF VersusXIII was announced at E3 2013 to now be called FFXV. The name change actually came in place within Square Enix in January 2011, meaning it was internally called FFXV for over two years before the info was publicly disclosed at E3.

> Shinji Hashimoto said during the Q&A after the Square Enix E3 2013 press conference, FFXV being an Action RPG will not alter the future direction of the FF series. They see FFXV as a standalone title, with a real-time battle system being ideal for what it wants to achieve. The next mainline FF could return to something similar to a Command-based battle system using ATB.

July 2013
> Shinji Hashimoto said that Hiroyuki ito has been planning and proposing ideas for a new project. He added that Ito is adding a lot of depth to the gameplay systems and mechanics. As a result, development of this project would take some time.

1Truth
5 years ago#2
September 2013
> Shinji Hashimoto told me face-to-face while he was in London, UK for the Square Enix Europe launch event for KH 1.5 ReMIX, the reason Hiroyuki Ito hasn't worked on any current gen (PS3/360) FF games is because he's been busy planning his own project. When I asked when this project will be announced, he replied saying that Ito is adding a tremendous amount of depth to the gameplay systems and mechanics. As a result, this project will take some time until it's publicly revealed.

> I asked Yasumi Matsuno via Twitter if he would write the scenario for FFXVI if Hiroyuki Ito was the director. He replied saying thanks for the question, but he unfortunately had "certain reservations" about answering it. In other words, the answer to the question was in NDA territory.

> Yasumi Matsuno announced that he was working on two new games with Playdek. However, when asked if he would be directing either of them, he said that he wasn't because he's also got other projects going for other companies, some of which have assigned a large amount of work for him to do.

October 2013
> Motomu Toriyama stated that the FFXIII team has yet to think about their next project after LR FFXIII. In fact, they're going to be taking a reasonably long vacation and when they come back from that, they'll then start brainstorming ideas for their next game. This being the case, it's unlikely this team will make FFXVI, as by the time they begin pre-production, FFXV will already be close to release.

November 2013
> The website http://www.agnisphilosophy.com was updated on November 1, 2013. The update added an employment page that listed various vacant positions for the Luminous Studio team. In the comments made by current Luminous Studio staff members, they made hints that imply another FF game besides FFXV is already in production for PS4/One.

February 2014
> Yoshinori Kitase said that the technical specs of PS4/One will allow battles in a future FF game to have many more participants involved. There will be a lot more characters for the player to control in battle and more enemies to defeat. He added that the Gambit system, which Hiroyuki Ito created for FFXII, may return and be used to help the player control all the characters available in battle.

> Yoshinori Kitase told me face-to-face while he was in London, UK for the European launch of LR FFXIII, the reason Hiroyuki Ito never worked on the FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV, and the forthcoming FFXV, is because he has his own development team at Square Enix and is busy with his own projects.

> Yoshinori Kitase confirmed the FFXII team, which is headed by Hiroyuki Ito, is still intact at Square Enix Japan. Many believed this team had been disbanded after FFXII IZJS released in 2007. Some members later developed Tactics Ogre for PSP, which released in 2010, but it was only a small project. However, according to Kitase, the FFXII team are indeed still fully intact. Seeing as they haven't released a AAA game since FFXII, it's safe to assume they're currently developing a AAA game for PS4/One, most likely FFXVI.

> Yoshinori Kitase hinted that the platform of his teams next project could be iOS/Android. He states that his team already devoted a decade to making the FFXIII trilogy for consoles, yet during those 10 years, viable platforms like Smartphones have appeared to develop games on. If his next game is really an iOS/Android title, it won't be a mainline FF.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
5 years ago#3
Hopefully not.
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies

1Truth
5 years ago#4
Universquall posted...
Hopefully not.

There's nobody else left in the company that's competent.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: SnoicFactor

SnoicFactor
5 years ago#5
FF6 and FF9 were great, so I say go for it! 12 wasn't as badly received as 13 either.
nt

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
5 years ago#6
1Truth posted...

That's because you are biased.
After The Fallout. Beyond Rapture. Believe In the Fireflies

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
5 years ago#7
I agree with Truth.

Even though I didn't like 12 but I seen its potential.

They made FF6, 9, AND TACTICS.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
5 years ago#8
...I can has another title in the Ivalice universe, in epic, 1080p next gen graphics?

Now. I demand it now. NOW!
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

1Truth
5 years ago#9
Universquall posted...
1Truth posted...

That's because you are biased.

I'm going off the game themselves. In terms of critical acclaim, Hiroyuki Ito is the most competent FF director still at the company. Also, he's the most forward thinking. Another mainline FF that's Open World and has the ADB system of FFXII will surely attract more sales in the West.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

1Truth
5 years ago#10
SnoicFactor posted...
FF6 and FF9 were great, so I say go for it! 12 wasn't as badly received as 13 either.

Exactly. Also, the FF brand has its back against the wall as of last-gen and we therefore need an experienced FF director that will be able to restore the series to greatness.

Ness0123456789 posted...
...I can has another title in the Ivalice universe, in epic, 1080p next gen graphics?

Now. I demand it now. NOW!

I really hope it happens.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Points that indicate Hiroyuki Ito (FFVI, FFIX, FFXII Director) is making FFXVI
  • Topic Archived