• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. USB hub for PS4

User Info: DJackson91

DJackson91
5 years ago#1
Hi guys, I have recently purchased a Sony Pulse headset (the PS3 one) and I am looking for a USB hub as the cable used to charge it is different to the PS4 controller USB.

I need 3 USB ports at least, and as the PS4 only has 2, I'm looking to get a hub. A few questions;

1) Can you use a hub with the PS4?
2) If so, is there anything I should look out for?
3) Would this one be ideal? (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inateck-Bus-Powered-Ultrabooks-Backward-Compatible/dp/B00D5K05UW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)

Cheers
PSN (PS4): iD33J91 (Feel free to add)
"The average cognitive ability of the CoD community is comparable to an orangutan"- SnD4Dummies

User Info: Jackalopeherder

Jackalopeherder
5 years ago#2
I asked the same question a few days ago and didn't get any answers. From searching around the net I found someone used a powered hub and it worked. They said a non-powered one wouldn't though.
I haven't had time to get one to test it out yet though.
KCCO!
PSN - NerdTurner XBL - JackalopeHerder

DJackson91
5 years ago#3
Jackalopeherder posted...
I asked the same question a few days ago and didn't get any answers. From searching around the net I found someone used a powered hub and it worked. They said a non-powered one wouldn't though.
I haven't had time to get one to test it out yet though.

OK cheers, I couldn't find any answers from a quick Google search... How would I know what a 'powered' hub is? Is it any different? The link I posted from Amazon is of a "Inateck USB 3.0 4-Port Hub with Bus-Powered". Would this be usable?

Cheers again
"The average cognitive ability of the CoD community is comparable to an orangutan"- SnD4Dummies

User Info: Jackalopeherder

Jackalopeherder
5 years ago#4
A powered hub has an external power cable and will plug in.
A non powered run of the mill hub is powered just through the USB connection.
I'm not 100% a powered hub is needed since I only saw one post on some random forum about it , but its all I could find. I'm surprised more people haven't tested it with hubs since there's only two ports.
KCCO!
PSN - NerdTurner XBL - JackalopeHerder

DJackson91
5 years ago#5
Jackalopeherder posted...
A powered hub has an external power cable and will plug in.
A non powered run of the mill hub is powered just through the USB connection.
I'm not 100% a powered hub is needed since I only saw one post on some random forum about it , but its all I could find. I'm surprised more people haven't tested it with hubs since there's only two ports.

Ok cheers... I'll just order it and see what it's like. If its no good I'll return it. Yea I'm a little suprised too, 2 ports isn't really enough.

1 final question. My TV has USB ports behind it. Can I plug the headset bluetooth adaptor/PS4 controller into one of them and charge them? Or will they not be recognized? I'd check myself but I'm at work for the moment..

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
5 years ago#6
Was curious about this as well. Been trying to play the FF beta but it's been awful using a controller, however since it's only 2 USB ports I need one dedicated for my headset which leaves me with one for both the KB/M.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

DJackson91
5 years ago#7
darkshadowmaster posted...
Was curious about this as well. Been trying to play the FF beta but it's been awful using a controller, however since it's only 2 USB ports I need one dedicated for my headset which leaves me with one for both the KB/M.

Yea it's strange that there's no real answers anywhere. I'll find out and update people whenever the hub arrives. Having a headset takes up one usb straight away, and thats without charging the controller...

User Info: assbreeze

assbreeze
5 years ago#8
It doesn't need a powered hub.

I have the standard Amazonbasics 3-port hub, 3.0 USB. It's got a detachable power cord, but it works just fine without it.
Welp.

User Info: Rybal

Rybal
5 years ago#9
DJackson91 posted...
Can I plug the headset bluetooth adaptor/PS4 controller into one of them and charge them?

If all you're doing is charging, then you could plug it into your phone's charger (if it uses microUSB) and have no problems. Receiving a charge does not require device recognition.
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. USB hub for PS4
  • Topic Archived