• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Yoshinori Kitase (FFX, FFXIII Producer) confirms the FFXII team still exists!

User Info: Talga

Talga
5 years ago#61
12 was my least favorite. Please don't remake garbage.

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#62
donkeyjack posted...
I don't count FF11 because it is an MMO.

FF10 was supposed to be seamless but Square felt it was too much for the PS2 and made 11 an MMO.

FFX was never supposed to be seamless battles, though. It was supposed to be like FFXIII where enemies are on the field and then you go to s separate battle map. Even then, the final game never had this and instead used random battles. Therefore, you're incorrect to say that every FF since FFX should have stayed seamless. If you don't want to include MMos then the first seamless FF was FFXII.

Canas_Renvall posted...
I fail to recall random battles in FFXIII... :P

You know what I meant. Battles should have been seamless like FFXII and Xenoblade.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
5 years ago#63
Are you kidding me? Did you ever research on FF10's development?
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif

1Truth
5 years ago#64
donkeyjack posted...

Yes. I extensively researched it because I wanted to find out why the final game was so garbage.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
5 years ago#65
Haahaha
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8iln96Inq1rcx17bo1_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lob0ptt27X1qd7kg2o1_500.gif

1Truth
5 years ago#66
donkeyjack posted...

For the record, this statement on Wikipedia is untrue:

Originally, Final Fantasy X was going to feature wandering enemies visible on the field map, seamless transitions into battles, and the option for players to move around the landscape during enemy encounters.[73]

How do I know? I'll tell you.

The source claims to come from the FFX BradyGames strategy guide. I recently downloaded the entire guide off the internet and looked at the page mentioned in the source on Wikipedia. I was shocked to find that it's actually the back page of the guide. Also, upon searching through the entire guide, the statement mentioned is not mentioned anywhere.

Basically, that statement is total BS. It goes to show you can't trust anything you read on Wikipedia, even when sources are provided.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: beartrapsnap

beartrapsnap
5 years ago#67
1Truth posted...
Basically, that statement is total BS. It goes to show you can't trust anything you read on Wikipedia, even when sources are provided.

I'm not sure if you're serious, or if this is bait.

1Truth
5 years ago#68
beartrapsnap posted...
1Truth posted...

I'm not sure if you're serious, or if this is bait.

I'm serious. If you ever see anything on Wikipedia, make sure you actually have access to the source that it cites to make sure the info is actually in there. It's because people believe anything on Wikipedia that so many people, including myself, have been able to add BS to pages with fake references. My time doing that is over, but the practice is widespread among many Wikipedia editors.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: beartrapsnap

beartrapsnap
5 years ago#69
Gee, I sure believe you've reformed your ways of making up stuff about FFXII. I mean it was just that one time...

You're either a massive hypocrite or an unrelenting troll.

User Info: fabulousvut

fabulousvut
5 years ago#70
FF XII is a good game on it's own. As a Final Fantasy game it's average (which is pretty good compared to the ridiculous mess the FF XIII saga is). I didn't have a problem with the gameplay or battle system. What nerfed it for me were the emphasis on politics, quality of most of the characters, and character development (personality wise). I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking Vaan is the worst protagonist in the history of Final Fantasy. If they switched the story focus from political to character driven with him in front, then the game would be a train wreck. If Balthier were the main protagonist, if Vaan were pulled out of the game (and put into a daycare), and if the story focused a little more on the characters, then the game would have been much better.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Yoshinori Kitase (FFX, FFXIII Producer) confirms the FFXII team still exists!
  • Topic Archived