• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Yoshinori Kitase (FFX, FFXIII Producer) confirms the FFXII team still exists!

User Info: 1Truth

1Truth
5 years ago#1
I wanted make this thread back when this info first dropped (February 17th), but I wanted to wait and see if any other Kitase interviews that mentioned FFXII HD turned up. None did.

Eurogamer.net
Meanwhile, as Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 are getting the HD remake treatment, some have wondered whether Final Fantasy 12 is next in-line for a fresh coat of paint. "I haven't heard there is a plan," Kitase said of the potential project. "It depends on the team who created 12. If they think it's a good idea they might opt for it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-a-chat-about-that-final-fantasy-7-remake

Fantastic news!

This info is a true relief for anybody wanting to see another mainline FF that evolves off FFXII. There was speculation for many years that the FFXII team had been disbanded after FFXII IZJS released in 2007, but according to Kitase in the above quote, the FFXII team are indeed still intact.

The above quote also corroborates with what Yoshinori Kitase told me on February 13th when I attended the LR FFXIII launch event in London, UK. I managed to ask him a question about Hiroyuki Ito (Director of FFVI, FFIX, FFXII) after he signed my copy of LR FFXIII (http://postimg.org/image/y5jx4y2fp/). My question was translated by a Square Enix UK translator who sat next to him at the event.

Here was the brief Q&A:
Q: I noticed Hiroyuki Ito, who has worked on the FF series for many years, had no involvement in the FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, and the forthcoming FFXV. Will he ever return to the FF series, possibly even direct FFXVI?

Kitase: (Laughs) Sorry, but I can't answer that question directly. However, I can tell you that the reason Ito-san never worked on the FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV, and the forthcoming FFXV is because he has his own development team at Square Enix. I personally would have liked him to have contributed ideas to the battle system of LR FFXIII, but he was simply too busy with other projects.

As you can see, Kitase was obviously trying not to break NDA. However, what he did say was enough to assume that Ito is busy leading development on a game, which may possibly be FFXVI.

The guy that translated my Q&A is on the right of Kitase in this photo from the event:
http://postimg.org/image/4gk72wp69/
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
5 years ago#2
Didn't really like 12 all that much.

1Truth
5 years ago#3
Perfect_flame posted...

Xenoblade is proof that FFXII was taking JRPGs in the right direction.
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
5 years ago#4
FFXII was the last FF I played. It was a good game, I wouldn't buy it a second time though. I still have my copy anyway lol.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: sinncross

sinncross
5 years ago#5
i could live with an hd version for psv, but i would love to see what the team is doing next.
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
5 years ago#6
That might be nice, I guess. I'd rather see a proper HD remix of it rather than a lazy port with some bloom and a few touched up textures, though.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

1Truth
5 years ago#7
sinncross posted...
i could live with an hd version for psv, but i would love to see what the team is doing next.

Definitely. You know whatever they've got up their sleeve is bound to be amazing, especially if Hiroyuki Ito is directing.
The Zodiac Brave Theory

User Info: Kenaue

Kenaue
5 years ago#8
1Truth posted...
I wanted make this thread back when this info first dropped (February 17th), but I wanted to wait and see if any other Kitase interviews that mentioned FFXII HD turned up. None did.

Eurogamer.net
Meanwhile, as Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 are getting the HD remake treatment, some have wondered whether Final Fantasy 12 is next in-line for a fresh coat of paint. "I haven't heard there is a plan," Kitase said of the potential project. "It depends on the team who created 12. If they think it's a good idea they might opt for it."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-17-a-chat-about-that-final-fantasy-7-remake

Fantastic news!

This info is a true relief for anybody wanting to see another mainline FF that evolves off FFXII. There was speculation for many years that the FFXII team had been disbanded after FFXII IZJS released in 2007, but according to Kitase in the above quote, the FFXII team are indeed still intact.

The above quote also corroborates with what Yoshinori Kitase told me on February 13th when I attended the LR FFXIII launch event in London, UK. I managed to ask him a question about Hiroyuki Ito (Director of FFVI, FFIX, FFXII) after he signed my copy of LR FFXIII (http://postimg.org/image/y5jx4y2fp/). My question was translated by a Square Enix UK translator who sat next to him at the event.

Here was the brief Q&A:
Q: I noticed Hiroyuki Ito, who has worked on the FF series for many years, had no involvement in the FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, and the forthcoming FFXV. Will he ever return to the FF series, possibly even direct FFXVI?

Kitase: (Laughs) Sorry, but I can't answer that question directly. However, I can tell you that the reason Ito-san never worked on the FFXIII trilogy, FFXIV, and the forthcoming FFXV is because he has his own development team at Square Enix. I personally would have liked him to have contributed ideas to the battle system of LR FFXIII, but he was simply too busy with other projects.

As you can see, Kitase was obviously trying not to break NDA. However, what he did say was enough to assume that Ito is busy leading development on a game, which may possibly be FFXVI.

The guy that translated my Q&A is on the right of Kitase in this photo from the event:
http://postimg.org/image/4gk72wp69/

I absolutely loved 12 except for one thing. The combat system was almost perfect.... The one thig I hated was how distance mattered for you, but not for an enemy. 5 feet away ? Better get closer to hit then with your sword. Across the damn map? Wolf used bite and took off half your health. Make distance matter for both enemies and allies.
Now Playing: LR:FFXIII (PS3), Toukiden (Vita), One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3)
PSN: Lord_CBH / NNID: Kenaue

User Info: The_Weeaboo

The_Weeaboo
5 years ago#9
1Truth posted...
Perfect_flame posted...

Xenoblade gets a lot of crap for its battle system too though, even if it did do well critically.
Nippon Banzai!

User Info: vashtricham

vashtricham
5 years ago#10
The_Weeaboo posted...
1Truth posted...
Perfect_flame posted...

Xenoblade gets a lot of crap for its battle system too though, even if it did do well critically.

because its battle system was actually worse then 12
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Yoshinori Kitase (FFX, FFXIII Producer) confirms the FFXII team still exists!
  • Topic Archived