• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  3. Poll 3 of 3, Mobile purchase preferences, for those who wish to buy the Mobile

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
5 years ago#1
If you plan to purchase a Mobile version, how would your preferences break down? - Results (45 votes)
1 Android copy
24.44% (11 votes)
1 iOS copy
8.89% (4 votes)
Multiple Android copies for various devices
4.44% (2 votes)
Multiple iOS copies for various devices
0% (0 votes)
Multiple copies on both iOS and Android devices
2.22% (1 vote)
I do not plan to ever purchase a mobile version
60% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For those who wish to never purchase mobile, but wish to participate in this poll, option 6 is for you.

I'm not against mobile, regardless that I prefer playing on consoles, however for some fans, mobile is important. Given some are very loyal Android users, and some loyal iOS users, and while I've never heard of someone who has both, I am personally not against owning both iOS and Android devices. So the poll is done with as many potential options as I could think of, without being too specific.

Please vote with how you would plan to, with serious consideration to future plans, but don't vote based on some wish that you feel can never come about. Say owning two devices when you feel this is unlikely. Or that you only want one copy, vote for that. Just answer honestly, as always.

Thanks.

My vote:

I don't know exactly how many devices I will have, but I definitely assume, in the next few years, I'll have a work and home phone, and likely family plans with their own devices. Given DQ7 is my favourite game, I'd want to purchase a copy for each and ever device. Since I have no preferences on either Android or iOS, as I like both Mac OS, and I am an avid Google fan and user, it's likely I'd would own both Apple and Android devices.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: badboy

badboy
5 years ago#2
Android

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
5 years ago#3
iOS period.
Lord of gaming!!! (probably) 3DS FC: 3411-1747-3961 Y: Sean; X: Lily; Serebii 4 Life; OGTG hax breeder/KCB
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
5 years ago#4
1 iOS at a much later date or on sale.
Dragon Quest XI - I need both versions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBaE0mNexTs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGcpSCkyfk

User Info: nfrazee28

nfrazee28
5 years ago#5
I haven't bought any mobile yet, not even the ones that I'd desperately love to see more current versions of, DQ 1-3. I hate gaming on touch screens. I vastly prefer dedicated handhelds. No mobile for me, but more than made up for by how much cabbage I'd sink into the 3DS version.
Frazee equips the Erdrick's Armour Hot Dogs.

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
5 years ago#6
nfrazee28 posted...
I haven't bought any mobile yet, not even the ones that I'd desperately love to see more current versions of, DQ 1-3. I hate gaming on touch screens. I vastly prefer dedicated handhelds. No mobile for me, but more than made up for by how much cabbage I'd sink into the 3DS version.

I was that way, but I find I don't mind the gaming on touch screens so much, though obviously I would prefer actual gaming systems/handhelds.
And I'd rather play DQ with turn-based on it than say the likes of an action game or ATB from FF.
Plus at least with DQI-DQIII there's no hassle of the camera, and DQI-DQII are worth playing on it, personally speaking, plus DQIV for party chat.
DQIII you're better off with GBC or a translation of the SFC release, though I am enjoying it on my iPad.
Dragon Quest XI - I need both versions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBaE0mNexTs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGcpSCkyfk

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 years ago#7
iOS for iPhone and iPad cross-play goodness.
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  3. Poll 3 of 3, Mobile purchase preferences, for those who wish to buy the Mobile
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A