• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  3. DRAGON QUEST VII: HOLEY HEROES ?! Subtitle trademarked in Europe!!

User Info: DragonQuestFan

DragonQuestFan
5 years ago#1
http://squareportal.net/2015/02/02/square-enix-trademarks-holey-heroes-in-europe/

It's not guaranteed to be Dragon Quest VII, but the Japanese subtitle - Warriors of Eden - lines up right. And if you know the game's content, 'Holy' fits to a huge 'T.'

'Holey' - as in, 'full of holes,' is a real word, though not commonly used stateside. It fits the game in a sense, but could also just be a pun that takes a religious connotation out of a game that would certainly be targeting a 'Teen' rating at most.

It could also refer to "Holey Heroes Batman!" You know, like 'Holey Moley.' 'Holey Heroes!'

We'll have to see what happens with the American trademark name!

And don't forget, they trademarked "Masters of the Masks" a few months ago. Dragon Quest X? Something else?

Anyway, are we closer? Two alliterative subtitles trademarked by Square Enix in three months?

Come on man - at least ONE of them has to be a Dragon Quest!! :D
NO FANBOY ZONE
Most Wanted: Dragon Quest VII & Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3DS-Dragon Quest I-IX Mobile-Star Treks: Deep Space Nine & Voyager on Blu-Ray

User Info: ein-kerl

ein-kerl
5 years ago#2
This is encouraging, but it's only a reasonable guess that this new trademark refers to Dragon Quest VII.

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 years ago#3
This would be awesome.
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.

User Info: Nova_Castings

Nova_Castings
5 years ago#4
That name is terrible. And if it ends up being the name of an English language DQVII in my 3DS, I'll say it with a smile.
~Nova Castings
Dominus vobiscum et memento mori.

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 years ago#5
Nova_Castings posted...
That name is terrible. And if it ends up being the name of an English language DQVII in my 3DS, I'll say it with a smile.

I agree it is a pretty terrible name. They should just go with Warriors of Eden. That is a bad ass name.

I get it that SE likes alliteration these days but DQ 8's English subtitle is Journey of the Cursed King so it's not like they have to follow it. And even if they did I'm sure they could have thought of something better than 'Holey Heroes' lol.
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.

User Info: senator88

senator88
5 years ago#6
I think this is a very good sign. Holey and Heroes have some similarities with eden and warriors. I think I will still hold off on purchasing a Japanese 3DS and DQVII. However, if an English remake only came out in Europe, I would pay the $300.00-plus for this game.

DragonQuestFan
5 years ago#7
Nah, it won't be a Europe-only release.

I mean, if they're paying to release it in English-speaking countries in Europe, why the heck not shuffle a few hundred thousand extra copies out the door stateside?
NO FANBOY ZONE
Most Wanted: Dragon Quest VII & Dragon Quest Monsters 2 3DS-Dragon Quest I-IX Mobile-Star Treks: Deep Space Nine & Voyager on Blu-Ray

DragonQuestFan
5 years ago#8
And I think 'Cursed King' still counts as alliterative, because both use a hard 'K' sound. If you hear it in conversation, I think it counts.

Legend of the Luminary Line
Seeds of Salvation
Chapters of the Chosen
Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Realms of Revelation
Holey Heroes (?)
Journey of the Kursed King
Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Have to say, 'Holey Heroes' doesn't seem to fit the pattern. 'Holy Heroes' would 'feel' better.
NO FANBOY ZONE

User Info: nfrazee28

nfrazee28
5 years ago#9
Heroes of Holiness (Holeyness)?
Frazee is assessing the situation.

User Info: Ructir

Ructir
5 years ago#10
DragonQuestFan posted...
...Legend of the Luminary Line
Seeds of Salvation
Chapters of the Chosen
Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Realms of Revelation
Holey Heroes (?)
Journey of the Kursed King
Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Have to say, 'Holey Heroes' doesn't seem to fit the pattern. 'Holy Heroes' would 'feel' better.

Sounds more like a part of the Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime series.

Holey Heroes sounds to comedic and light hearted for the DQ main questline RPG genre.

Though, Siliconera recently did have news of a new unnamed non-RPG DQ game:
www.siliconera.com/2015/02/01/new-dragon-quest-project-goes-alltrades-abbey-find-new-genre/
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
  3. DRAGON QUEST VII: HOLEY HEROES ?! Subtitle trademarked in Europe!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A