• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
9 months ago#1
Tried to play the 3DS version but the graphics were really bad. When will it come to Mobile?
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
9 months ago#2
MasterFeeler posted...
Tried to play the 3DS version but the graphics were really bad. When will it come to Mobile?

Really...you found the graphics bad? Anyway, sadly no. No word on it and any question I've posed to SE's various accounts have been erased rather than answered.

I do think they will release, but I think due to the nature of certain aspects of the 3DS version, they'll likely have to do extra work so it runs smoothly on most devices. The 3DS loads both the localization and the Japanese format code, and I believe the text as well, adding a lot of extra load that would bog down older phones (even 5 years old would have a harder time running without seeing some noticeable frame drops in battle and menu lag both in and out of battle).

Given this it's also possible they might not bother, but bugging them about it would be a good start.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: ShiryuChaos

ShiryuChaos
8 months ago#3
Hope we have no mobile version ever of this
Top10 Final Fantasy VII,Zelda OOT,Dragon Quest IX:Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Lufia 2,BoF III/IV, Baha Lagoon, SF II,FantasyLife,Pkmn Silver

behindtheword
8 months ago#4
ShiryuChaos posted...

That's unnecessary, no one is forcing you to buy it. The mobile version is pretty awesome, nevermind the DQ mobile controls and functionality are probably the single best in SE's offerings, with the only negative being a forced portrait mode, and lack of controller support.

1) Has higher grade music (especially if you have good speakers), and is more likely to get the full orchestrated version if any release here is.

2) Has the original encounter system, meaning fewer overall battles, and I don't know if it does, but it likely had Padfoot put back into it, as I'd wager the only reason it wasn't in was lack of time for testing and getting it right for the 3DS release.

3) Improved visuals, though this is mostly due to natural AA and smoothing thanks to a better graphics card, though the N3DS could produce similar effects if Nintendo had tweaked the hardware drivers and removed the forced normal 3DS cap on the N3DS hardware.

4) DLC is no longer DLC, and is instead directly accessible for all players. Meaning if the server's ever do go down for us, it's the only version with all of that data accessible until someone finds a workaround for 3DS users that isn't related to PowerSaves.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: ShiryuChaos

ShiryuChaos
8 months ago#5
behindtheword posted...
ShiryuChaos posted...

That's unnecessary, no one is forcing you to buy it. The mobile version is pretty awesome, nevermind the DQ mobile controls and functionality are probably the single best in SE's offerings, with the only negative being a forced portrait mode, and lack of controller support.

In case, it's not unnecessary, I can hope it just don't get ported to mobile. Obviously I have no other affect on it other than this.

I do believe that becoming a more Mobile Focus Series may affect the series continuation for localization in West... I really hate playing mobile, so of course I prefer that they spend that money porting to PC/PS4/whatever.

I bought the DQ VIII mobile, but then stopped buying to not support mobile anymore.
Thankfully the DQ builders was a pretty great game and Localized!
Top10 Final Fantasy VII,Zelda OOT,Dragon Quest IX:Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Lufia 2,BoF III/IV, Baha Lagoon, SF II,FantasyLife,Pkmn Silver

behindtheword
8 months ago#6
ShiryuChaos posted...
behindtheword posted...
ShiryuChaos posted...

In case, it's not unnecessary, I can hope it just don't get ported to mobile. Obviously I have no other affect on it other than this.

I do believe that becoming a more Mobile Focus Series may affect the series continuation for localization in West... I really hate playing mobile, so of course I prefer that they spend that money porting to PC/PS4/whatever.

I bought the DQ VIII mobile, but then stopped buying to not support mobile anymore.
Thankfully the DQ builders was a pretty great game and Localized!

This might put a smile on your face then. Dragon Quest III and VI being the sole exception, the mobile sales of Dragon Quest 1, 2, 4, 5, and 8 are nearly identical in Japan and the US. Meaning even the Japanese don't care, unless the game is free (DQ3 is free, went free on its anniversary, skyrocketing the downloads). Of course there's no way to check iPhone numbers, and Google only gives within a given range, but it is something to note DQ VI is more popular here by a small margin than in Japan. Probably due to Nintendo's lack of advertising the game its first run, the defacto advertising of DQH 1 at the same time, and SE putting DQVI mobile on sale on its main website for two weeks almost a week after the mobile release, for half off. That probably helped a lot.

However, sales, actual sales, are paltry. The exceptions for downloads, are the freemium games. None of which SE have released here (which is stupid as it would help promote DQ here).

So essentially the sales are lackluster overall on mobile, so it's not an indicator of anything. They're steadier and heavier, especially on the front-end with system releases. I'm just hoping they're factoring in the level of promotion beyond fan circles that's occurred, but SE indicated, a week after DQ7 was released, how unbelievably surprised they were at DQ7's sales...as in very happy to the point where they indicated furtherance of this would assure both DQ11 and even 10 would be considered. I'd have to find that statement again, but the point being mobile isn't seen as a shift away, it's seen as a continuation of sales over time that are pure profit.

So at least with mobile they don't have their heads up their asses like Kobackstabbinami and Crap-all-over-bof-com. They do realize or seem to, that mobile games only sell well when free up front, because mobile customers, especially in the West, assume mobile gaming = cheap but fun time passing, and anything over $0 up front is just too much. Hell, seems to be that way even in Japan, as Google sales run parallel. Free = sales, money = few sales.
  • Topic Archived