• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 years ago#1
I heard you don't retain any skills anymore when you switch to another?
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: Yami_no_Unmei

Yami_no_Unmei
4 years ago#2
You retain all basic and monster job skills no matter which job you're in. However, intermediate and advanced job skills no longer carry over between jobs.
GameFAQs Golden Rule:
Everything you like is overrated garbage. Everything I like is an underappreciated gem.

User Info: Kingdraken

Kingdraken
4 years ago#3
There's also no fusion skills between the jobs.
"There's a snake in my boot."

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
4 years ago#4
Kingdraken posted...
There's also no fusion skills between the jobs.

Those hybrid skills still exist, but they've been given to specific vocations now.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
4 years ago#5
Thanks guys. I understand it now.

Monster Classes seem useful now especially since some monster classes are like Advanced Classes.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: GambitUS

GambitUS
4 years ago#6
MasterFeeler posted...
Thanks guys. I understand it now.

Monster Classes seem useful now especially since some monster classes are like Advanced Classes.

Some are even stronger than advanced classes. The remake really gives incentives to trying monsters out, unfortunately, the amount of grinding for those jobs weren't tuned down like the human classes, so they are still very time-consuming.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
4 years ago#7
On the bright side...
Between taming monsters and using them in personal tablets easy heart farming...
It's been improved.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Y: Sean (2787); X: Lily (3181); OGTG ultimate hax breeder/DEGI
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

GambitUS
4 years ago#8
gamemaster712 posted...
On the bright side...
Between taming monsters and using them in personal tablets easy heart farming...
It's been improved.

For sure it's easier to obtain specific hearts than before, but mastering a 3rd tier monster class takes a lot more effort than getting an advanced human vocation to max. This is of course assuming one starts from the basics and doesn't just farm out a 3rd tier monster heart.

It is definitely better than before, and received far more benefits than the original, but if one keeps with general progression of monster classes, they are still the more time consuming grind the game has to offer. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, considering the benefits. Platinum King Jewel, Djinn Genie, Gripevine, and even Prism Peacock have huge power levels compared to some of the advanced human vocations. Not to mention the carry over of quite a few useful abilities.

I enjoy the changes, just wish they adjusted some of the required battles for the basic monster classes, at least. Average basic monster jobs take around 130 in this remake, whereas basic human jobs are more around the ~80 mark. And there are a lot more monster jobs available.

User Info: Kairose

Kairose
4 years ago#9
...based on data from a japanese site, HellGiant (PSX name, idk 3DS name yet) would take a total of 950 battles to master starting from nothing but the hearts of the 4 base monsters it requires. In comparison, Champion would take 879 battles to master starting from nothing. This is a difference of 71 battles. While that is a lot, it is actually far less than I expected - it's roughly the same number of battles you would need to master a basic human class. Druid in fact takes 1017 battles to master starting from nothing, 67 more than HellGiant. Based on this, I would argue that "Tier 3" monster jobs are only harder to obtain than "Tier 3" human ones due to the heart farming involved, though I haven't done the numbers on the other monster jobs. Once the hearts are obtained, the number of battles seem roughly equal.

GambitUS
4 years ago#10
Kairose posted...
...based on data from a japanese site, HellGiant (PSX name, idk 3DS name yet) would take a total of 950 battles to master starting from nothing but the hearts of the 4 base monsters it requires. In comparison, Champion would take 879 battles to master starting from nothing. This is a difference of 71 battles. While that is a lot, it is actually far less than I expected - it's roughly the same number of battles you would need to master a basic human class. Druid in fact takes 1017 battles to master starting from nothing, 67 more than HellGiant. Based on this, I would argue that "Tier 3" monster jobs are only harder to obtain than "Tier 3" human ones due to the heart farming involved, though I haven't done the numbers on the other monster jobs. Once the hearts are obtained, the number of battles seem roughly equal.

The problem is that HellGiant is a tier 2. You should be doing comparisons with Gladiator, Luminary, etc. HellGiant is not a tier 3 monster job. HellGiant leads to Djinn Genie, which requires a whopping 1544 total battles won. That dwarfs every other human advanced job in the game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A