• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Which would be the better party? Opinions?

User Info: TenchiHawkwing

TenchiHawkwing
4 months ago#1
I am thinking of playing the game again on Hot. I have a general idea of what kind of party I want to use but the questions I have are which would be best for my last party member and what would be the best order to take my people in.

Right now I'm considering:
Gazer/Paladin/Ranger/X/Healer
X could be Fighter, Assassin or Samurai but I'm not sure which is best.
I've actually never used a Fighter but their gear selection seems very good. Samurai seems good just to get Slash 3 earlier and to have 3 people that can use it as well as being able to give Slash 2 to the Ranger. Probably not really necessary but good QOL. And Assassin... not really sure about this one but the assortment of status weapons and good chance of instakill never hurt anyone. I suppose a Samurai with a Killer Edge artifact and some Luck could instakill just about as well as an Assassin. The more and more I think about it, the more Assassin kinda feels like the weaker link but I'm not sure. Even then it'd be a tossup between Fighter and Samurai.
I'm also considering subbing Healer for Wizard. Not sure how much I'll struggle without a Healer but the idea of getting Divine Weapon sooner is enticing. Probably not worth it but still a consideration in my mind.
As for races, I'm thinking of Ney everything except Healer. Elf Healer/Wizard.

Any suggestions?
DD: DA (PS4)
PSN: HiouZetsuenshou, Pawn: Alexandra, Lv. 93 Ranger.

TenchiHawkwing
4 months ago#2
I ended up going with Samurai and I honestly have no regrets. Focusing on AGI/LUC (with a Killer Edge artifact) I'm finding a lot of success here.
It seems a lot of people don't care for Carnage but I've been getting lots of use out of it. I threw the Shadow Step artifact on my Samurai and have been focusing on keeping EVA up through equipment and Avoid.
I also found out, today, when fighting a Mythril Golem that Carnage EX does have a hit limit and can just end even if neither target is dead.

TenchiHawkwing
4 months ago#3
Alright! Just beat Aries and the prep for the Quasar fight starts now!
I've seen a lot of posts say that Samurai falls off for the lategame but I just don't see it considering how much work my Samurai put in against Aries.
Maybe it won't work as well against Quasar but Carnage (not EX) with 99AVD was a LOT of hits and still relatively safe.
I think I will try to go with God's Arms on my Samurai once I get it.

God's Arms + Killer Edge + Carnage sounds fun.

TenchiHawkwing
4 months ago#4
Completely destroyed Quasar. I really didn't expect it to be that easy.

Turn 1:
Gazer: Iron Defense 3/Slash 2
Paladin: Defend
Samurai: Slash 3
Ranger: Cross Fix (success)
Healer: Fast Cast/Multi-Avoid

Turn 2: (Quasar moved to the front)
Gazer: Heal Shower 3/Slash 2
Paladin: Force Guard
Samurai: Slash 3
Ranger: Divine Weapon (on Samurai)
Healer: Fast Cast/Multi-Avoid

Turn 3:
Gazer: Summon Chronos/Slash 2
Paladin: Divine Armor (on Samurai; and yes, my Paladin is faster than my Samurai)
Samurai: Carnage EX
Ranger: Ballista Shot
Healer: Holy Shield

And that was that. The Carnage EX took him out.
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Which would be the better party? Opinions?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A