• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Need help with getting Artifacts by using Increase Gems!

User Info: dragonkiss88

dragonkiss88
6 months ago#1
I read that you can only get 32 or 34 total Artifact Gems per game, and it recommended using Increase Gems. I didn't have any at the time, and I'm still not sure is how the Increase Gems work, so I've just been saving all my Artifact Gems. It's starting to get a bit difficult at times with only having the Item Training 1 Artifact.

The Increase 1 Gem's description says "A Rare Gem. Increases Gems Acquired." So now I'm not sure if I already screwed up, and should restart before I get any further. I'm almost to the real boss fight with the 4th Demon Hermes so I'd rather restart now if I messed up.

What I'm trying to figure out is how/when to use the increase Gems.
When it says "Increases Gems Acquired" does that mean I'll get +X more "Artifact Gems" after the fight?
Example 1: If I use a +1 Increase Gem by itself to start the fight, that afterwards instead of 1 Artifact Gem dropping, now 2 Artifact Gems will drop?

OR

When it says "Increases Gems Acquired" does that mean I'll get +X more actual "Artifacts" after the fight?
Example 2: If I use a +1 Increase Gem with a single Artifact Gem to start the fight, that afterwards instead of 1 Artifacts dropping, now 2 different Artifacts will drop?

Next questions, Can use more than 1 Increase Gem at the same time?
Example 3: If I use an Artifact Gem + Increase 2 Gem + Increase 2 Gem well I get 5 Artifacts/Gems after the fight?

Last Question. Where is the best place for farming Increase Gems, and what enemies drop them?

Sorry for so many question, but I'm don't want to get half way thru the game to find out I messed up, and have to restart later.
3DS Dragonkiss & FC: 1650-7227-0096 - Pokemon X, OR, AS & US ING Dragon
Switch Dragonkiss SW-6265-3643-9315 Pokemon Sword ING Dragon

User Info: AbsoluteZero666

AbsoluteZero666
6 months ago#2
First off, I'll say that you could have just tried it after saving, reloading if you weren't happy with the results.

Anyway, this following hypothesis is right, if my memory serves me.

dragonkiss88 posted...
When it says "Increases Gems Acquired" does that mean I'll get +X more actual "Artifacts" after the fight?
Example 2: If I use a +1 Increase Gem with a single Artifact Gem to start the fight, that afterwards instead of 1 Artifacts dropping, now 2 different Artifacts will drop?

Next questions, Can use more than 1 Increase Gem at the same time?
Example 3: If I use an Artifact Gem + Increase 2 Gem + Increase 2 Gem well I get 5 Artifacts after the fight?

From some quick research I did you can get some more Increase Gems from during Post Game.
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of words.

User Info: dragonkiss88

dragonkiss88
6 months ago#3
Thank you for the help. Also I don't have any Increase Gems, which is why I was asking where to get them. This way I could start using my Artifact Gems finally.
3DS Dragonkiss & FC: 1650-7227-0096 - Pokemon X, OR, AS & US ING Dragon
Switch Dragonkiss SW-6265-3643-9315 Pokemon Sword ING Dragon

User Info: AbsoluteZero666

AbsoluteZero666
6 months ago#4
It seems you can buy 3 Increase 1 Gems from Lezerem. You can also get some from hidden treasure spots you have to kick on the map, but those start appearing mid-game. Judging from the progress on your first post, you didn't come across the first hidden one just yet.

Otherwise, you should be able to get some during the main game from high rank enemies, probably mainly bosses. This is from memory though, so just progress and grab some Artifacts when you can.

There's 64 Artifacts you can get using, if the spreadsheet I downloaded didn't miss any, so you'd need a total of +30 from Increase Gems.

I've got some personal records of when I used Artifact Gems from my playthrough, and I didn't use many until I beat the first boss in a certain castle.
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of words.

User Info: RayCist1608

RayCist1608
17 minutes ago#5
I didn't read the posts above, but I'm just going to simply explain how increase gems work:

Increase gems increases the item drop of another gem. It cannot be used alone.
For example I had 2 hat gems, but required 3 for certain reasons, I can use a +1 Increase gem to get my 3rd hat.
However I'm not sure about using the results of using +1 increase gem along with the 2 different gems
e.g. I placed 1 hat gem, 1 artifact gem, and lastly +1 increase gem, I believe it would be random and cause the "increased" item to be either a hat or an artifact.
The explained also works the same with 2+ Increase gems which just increases the extra drop by 2.

BTW, during the gameplay, a lot of the artifacts aren't much needed.
I am currently on Astro, and I had only picked up certain essential artifacts like the all the E Class artifacts (yes, they are all useful), D class artifacts (Hunter's Eye -- To see health of enemies, Killer Edge -- For my samurai with high LUC) and the item training artifacts that you can buy from Lezerem.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Need help with getting Artifacts by using Increase Gems!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A