• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Last boss is completely idiotic.

User Info: ChibiRico8

ChibiRico8
3 years ago#11
With furniture, I just realised I had a +7 luck so getting to 30 isn't an issue at this point.

When I picked my ranger, the description said it's wasn't strong but precise. It's hella precise (never saw her miss outside bosses with buff) and she's stupidly strong with a 310 something bow. But my Ranger also has the WORST luck of my team, so she's out for the cross fix. As I said, I put it on my healer and it works about 90% of the time I tried it at 23 luck on them Archdemons (pretty much the only that can remotely be a treat to me outside the boss).

I have no idea why my fighter is so weak, she has the highest strenght, maxed and with a +8 furniture, with an axe that has 650+ att on it and she can barely hit 3 digit no matter what I hit, outside low level mob from the first dungeons. She's a god damn tank though, she has almost double the HP of my other characters, for some ungodly reason and with Neptune she hits the 4K range.

As for the samurai, she is one of my best unit because of her Slash ability. Slash 3 basicaly makes any battle a joke at this point since it's hit pretty much everything. I kinda wish I had a better weapon like you said, but still she's my second strongest unit, and with her high agi she barely miss and actualy has a pretty good dodge.

I tried cyclone and it barely hit anythings with buff and jupiter on. The one time it actualy managed to hit dealt good damage but I had to waste like 5 turn that could have been used for basicaly anything else and it would have been more worthwile.

I don't know when I'll retry the boss, I really don't feel like it these day and I'm working on platinuming the KonoSuba game on PS4. I seriously have no god damn clue what the hell I did to mess up the game so bad but nothing is has it should, NOTHING.
M'eh.

User Info: terran3999999

terran3999999
3 years ago#12
I see. That is a very misleading description. I know you probably might not want to hear it but when comparing ultimate equipments and whatnot the Ranger outbeats the Sam in attack power.

Could it be that your Ranger has a weapon with Anti-all while your Fighter doesn't? The Anti-all effect on a weapon makes a whopping 50% difference.

For long boss fights, how high do you buff your Hit? Do you miss even at 99? I buff it all the way to make sure none of my attacks miss.

Okay. Well good luck the next time you do try to fight the final boss again.
Katawa Shoujo: The visual novel that defies and kicks logic to the curb.
Official contender to fight for Lilly as waifu.

ChibiRico8
3 years ago#13
Well yeah, you can't really deny that, but my Sam is way more usefull in overall damage when it comes to ennemies encounter or bosses with multiple part/ennemies because of the Slash abilities. I love these so much. Ranger is a boss destroyer though (well usualy but apparently this cheating fartmuncher doesn't cooperate at all), but my Sam is a huge help when they have seeds and stuff.

Never even saw an Anti-All, I've seen anti-demon/devil undead god and spirit but I don't remember ever seeing anti-all. They both have anti god (I think, it might be spirit or devil, kinda forgot after a few days) on their weapon though.

I don't have really any probablem hitting constantly, like I mentionned earlier, it's this specific attack and another one that does a few hits that basicaly never worked.

I might retry it when I'm done with GotG later today, I guess. Maybe having taking a break will help. I think putting all my characters in the same row would help me in this fight but the game won't let me, I wouldn't to worry about casting whistle all the god damn time and having my gazer be basicaly useless.
M'eh.

User Info: PhantomMaster18

PhantomMaster18
3 years ago#14
If someone has already addressed the problem about losing the stat buffs, then I apologize for the repetitiveness. Your healer should be able to use Force Guard at this point. If you are having trouble with the stat removal, then your fastest character (Most likely your samurai), should be able to use Angel Mirror, or if your healer is fast enough, use Force Guard. I beat the last boss recently and I never lost my stat buffs the entire fight. Given all of the party's levels are at 36. If you gave the right stat boosts whenever you leveled your party up, then your samurai should be able to move first most of the time.

EDIT: If your having trouble with a formation change, try taking a gamble and putting your party in reverse (People you keep in the back come to the front, and people in the front, come to the back)
Dragons Dogma Xbox 360
GT: imortal511 Pawn: Yuki Lv <200 Fighter

terran3999999
3 years ago#15
I don't know what to say then. Honestly your Fighter really shouldn't be doing that little damage seeing as how she has a weapon with more than twice the power of your Ranger. It seems like the game is somehow purposely screwing with you.

Every skill that a class(not Demons skills) can learn has an Artifact equivalent. Maybe try farming/save scumming for the Gazer Sense Artifact. Its a Rank C Artifact that lets the user use Gazer Heal, Health Heal, Return Door and Whistle. IIRC it can either be found at Blue City or the 1st floor of Grimodar Castle.

ChibiRico8
3 years ago#16
Well. I beat him. Because the AI broke or something. He literaly did NOTHING this time around. He switched my formation twice in a row and just stood there the rest of the fight. He summoned an Astro that I just left alone since it's completely harmless and he had like a single hit worth on his HO bar.

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

Also, this game credits made my mind explode when I saw IA on the credits because I play with no sounds while watching YT stuff. WHAT O.O
M'eh.

User Info: PhantomMaster18

PhantomMaster18
3 years ago#17
ChibiRico8 posted...
Well. I beat him. Because the AI broke or something. He literaly did NOTHING this time around. He switched my formation twice in a row and just stood there the rest of the fight. He summoned an Astro that I just left alone since it's completely harmless and he had like a single hit worth on his HO bar.

WHAT.

THE.

HELL.

Also, this game credits made my mind explode when I saw IA on the credits because I play with no sounds while watching YT stuff. WHAT O.O

Nice Job!
Also, are you using Whistle before the fight starts to avoid getting formation changed right away?
Have fun with Post Game by the way
Dragons Dogma Xbox 360
GT: imortal511 Pawn: Yuki Lv <200 Fighter

ChibiRico8
3 years ago#18
Well, so far the post-game is extremely easy. I beat Aries in 2 god damn turn... Again, this game has great balance.

Now I'm trying to get a Muramasa (got the big one) but it's dumb and board anwsers are conflicting, some say you should have nameless + 2 gold + increase 2, some Katana instead of nameless, some have 2 nameless and 2 gold... I've been emptying the place with Nameless has that is the one thing that's consistant on what people are saying, but I'm not geting anything at all with any of these combinations ._. I got a +44 Murasame (or something like that) and +48 or 49 7 Leaves clover <_<

Anyway, I'm getting some more fun in this game now that THAT idiotic part is out of the way. If I'm lucky enough, I shouldn't have too much trouble getting the platinum for this game I only have to get the regular muramasa and beat Quasar (Got supe close to his summon thing but I wanted to leave him for last)
M'eh.

terran3999999
3 years ago#19
Congratulations on beating the main game! Lol, it seems like the AI in your game was really wonky.

Yeah, all of the songs are "sung" by IA. It didn't bother me but I could see why it would have annoyed some other players.

For the two Muramasa there's just an element of luck/RNG involved, some are super lucky and can get both really fast while others have tried for months before they get it.
IMHO both Gems should work, Katana because well both of those are Katana but the main problem would be that Katana Gems are limited as opposed to Nameless Gems. Nameless Gems supposedly has a small chance of giving you new loot which is also used to thin out the loot table of Unique gears since you can only get one Unique per playthrough.

Stick with 1 Katana/Namless+2 Gold+Increase +2, that would give you 1 more piece of loot over the other Gem combination. You might also need to do some savescumming if you don't want to use up all of your Increase +2 Gems.

Good luck farming.

ChibiRico8
3 years ago#20
Actualy, I got the platinum yesterday. Quasar was a massive pain. I tried using strategy but again, nothing that SHOULD have worked even worked. I used 3 buffs from God hands and Aries and the boss was going through like I had nothing. SOMETIME it workedif it wanted to (almost never .-.). Before going to bed I just kind of gave up and mashed X and he dies. I SPENT 4 GOD DAMN HOURS COMMING UP WITH STRATEGY AND HE DIES TO MASHING. WTF?!?

At least I was very lucky with the muramasas, I got the big one on my first circle and only had to retry like 4~5 times for the normal one. At least SOMETHING worked my way in this god damn mess.

I can see why the %age rate on the platinum trophy is like 3.5 or something like that.

Edit : Also, I'm actualy very happy to have some IA going on, she's my favorite Vocaloid ^^ I saw her ''live'' (that was actualy all kind of awesome) a few weeks back and I have the DVD for Party-a-gogo. Strange that I haven't started IA/VT Colorfull though <_<
M'eh.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Last boss is completely idiotic.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A