• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Replaying this great game, much easier now (spoilers)

User Info: UltimateShadow2

UltimateShadow2
3 years ago#1
I once played the game with gazer/paladin/healer/ranger/wizard and had to give up at the very last boss before new game+ (nothing was really ideal, and I didn't play too strategic). Plus I figured the game was more or less finished anyway. Loved the game, though! Quite challenging if you never played Dungeon Crawlers before.

So I bought the Global Edition to replay it in full glory. It's SO much easier now I know what I'm doing! + Using artifacts (I saved all artifact gems first playthrough, you kind of NEED some artifacts to progress in a more efficient manner really).

So my party this time around is gazer/wizard/paladin/healer/assassin. It's the bomb. Notice the order, I got my wizard as soon as possible. Why? The first time I got him last, and by Star Curtain, Wizard Bolt still only did 10-20dmg which made him next to useless just until late end game with Fast Cast, up until then, wizard was always too low level which made him a waste of a party spot.

The first boss I remember being very hard was when the Inn got attacked. This time, no one got downed. Assasin is really great. By Star Curtain my pala got Devotion (kind of late but I was blazing through the game lol) which made my last party member addition very useful, got decent Katanas and seriously went to town. Sneak Attack is great, and once my Gazer got Slash 2 (I'm not speccing him too defensively) and Assasin got Slash 1, battles progress REALLY easily.

Going to Grimodar I forgot to even save, I forgot that you had to fight Astarte right away going through the mirror. Well, no one got downed once more and the fight was fairly easy. The "Death" NPC battle in Grimodar was actually the first real challenge for my party, several died.. I should save more, thankfully still beat him.

Also focused on Mars(dmg) and Chronos(def) from the start, just now Mars actually ONE-SHOT Jupiter! Fight was over in 20 seconds! What the heck. I had to put the game on 'Cold' the first time I played this game by the last late-game bosses, this time 'Cool' is actually rather easy, but I'm sure the difficulty will pick up again. Just now getting into Neptune with my third gazer demon spot, which makes the game even easier with its 10% health regen.

Overall. Replay this game! It's so darn awesome!
Demon Gaze 2 is up for pre-order so it's the perfect time imo.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon Gaze
  3. Replaying this great game, much easier now (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A