• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. I figured out both Stealing Formulas!

User Info: NaberiusBuster

NaberiusBuster
8 months ago#1
Seriously, why hasn't anyone figured these out already!? I can't find a complete formula anywhere on the web. I just finished testing for a hour and here are my conclusions.

Steal via Hand: Steal %=(S*D+H/2)*C-(T+R+3*K)

Steal via Thief Hand Skill: Steal %=S*D*C-(T+R+3*K)*2+100

S is the Stealer's level.
D is the direction being stolen from, 1 for front, 1.1 for the side, 1.2 for the back.
H is the Hit stat of the Hand.
C is the Thief Coefficient, which is 2 for members of the Thief classes and 1 for everybody else.
T is the target's level
R is the Rarity of the target item, 10 for Rare and 30 for Legendary.
K is the Item Rank of the target item.

The % might be off by 1 or 2 points due to rounding down in parts of the formula but it seems accurate enough.

A breakdown on what levels are needed to steal a Legendary R40 item from the front of an enemy at 99% success rate are:

Non-Thief with Hand: Target's level+219.

Thief with Hand: Target's level/2+95.

Thief Hand Skill: Target's level+150.

I hope I got the math for all that right. If I am off corrections would be appreciated.

Closing Conclusions:

Thieves are still way better than anyone else at stealing.

The Thief hand skill is at it's best in the early game thanks to it's high base accuracy, but the increased steal defense penalty starts to kill your steal chances mid game. It is still your best option when you need more reach, run out of Hands, want to steal stats, or if you become disgustingly overpowered.

Your Thieves should start using Hands when their skill starts to fall off mid game and stronger hands start to become buyable.

Good, now a formula should finally show up when people search for this stuff.
Tetris is a Packrat simulator. It simulates how the Packrats loved ones struggle against the unending piles of junk cluttering their living space.

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
8 months ago#2
Nice work!

I wonder, do Marksman innocents on the stealing hand actually count?
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte

User Info: NaberiusBuster

NaberiusBuster
8 months ago#3
r0xm2n posted...
Nice work!

I wonder, do Marksman innocents on the stealing hand actually count?

I don't have any to check, and I wouldn't want to waste time in the Item World to make a single use Hand better. I would rather unlock higher grade hands, grind up my thief, etc. It just seems like an impracticable solution when you could farm Statisticians instead.
Tetris is a Packrat simulator. It simulates how the Packrats loved ones struggle against the unending piles of junk cluttering their living space.

User Info: hellhammer

hellhammer
4 months ago#4
hmmm
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. I figured out both Stealing Formulas!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A