• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. Unique Mounted Skills and Monster Stats/Evilities

User Info: Margatroid

Margatroid
1 year ago#1
After googling all over, I've been unable to find an answer to this, so I'm curious if anyone has tested it:

When using a normal attack while mounted, obviously the attack stats come from the rider. But when using the unique mounted skills, every resource I've found claims that the attack's strength is based on the Likeability between monster and rider.

This makes me wonder: Are the rider's attack stats still involved in these unique attacks? Are the monster's? How about Evilities? It seems unlikely to me that these attacks don't take stats or equipment into account at all. If that's the case, maybe that's why they don't seem to shine in the post-game. But is it the case? Has anyone tested the effects of stats by unequipping gear and doing a mounted skill with lower stats?

I also wonder if Evilities are taken into account. I was looking forward to using a Living Armor's 10%-per-hit attack bonus to affect its team-up mounted attack, but I wonder if it would function. Obviously it doesn't work when the rider attacks normally, but the fact that both characters take part in the unique mounted attack animation makes me think it might be included in the damage calculation. If anyone has ever tested the effects of Evilities and stats on these attacks, I'd love to hear about it! I'm also planning to do some testing myself, so I'll let you all know what I find.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
  3. Unique Mounted Skills and Monster Stats/Evilities
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A