• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crimson Shroud
  3. NG+ ending is... (Spoilers)

User Info: TimeMage

TimeMage
7 years ago#1
...A bit underwhelming, don't you think?

There's no explanation as to why this time it's the real Frea with Flint, and why Giauque and Lippi escaped safely. Well, I guess that one can argue that, since the group is strong enough to clear the Mausoleum battle (as stated by the demon itself), they were strong enough to avoid a) The trapping in the case of the boys and b) the possession in the case of Frea?

In any case, the "WTF, she escaped and is going to destroy the world!!" surprise from the first ending makes for a more satisfactory conclusion than the second one, in my opinion.

Thoughts?
"News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
7 years ago#2
I like the 1st ending better more "original" and good plotpoint for a sequel
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047

User Info: genocidekarma

genocidekarma
7 years ago#3
kukingina2 posted...
I like the 1st ending better more "original" and good plotpoint for a sequel

I totally agree. But, they probably threw that "Happy" ending in, to appease the people who were likely to complain, as in the Mass Effect 3 debacle.
PSN ID: ShinjukuBabel
3DS Friend Code: 3840-5209-5917

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
7 years ago#4
I thought that the first ending was completely nonsensical and was only there for shock value.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: TimeMage

TimeMage
7 years ago#5
I agree that there's much to explain in the first ending, but the same happens with the second, while being more bland at the same time. Also, it's always a pleasant surprise when the ending consists of the bad guy winning, with no ifs or buts involved. Many "bad" endings are either a penalty for playing the wrong way, or leave some doubts about the reason of the good guys, etc. This one is a plain and simple "you failed, and never had a chance" one. Sure, the surprise factor plays a big role in its charm, but, while not perfect in its execution, is believable enough.
"News flash, big guy: You can wax on, wax off all you want, I'm still... KICKIN' YOUR ASS!"

User Info: bobx500

bobx500
7 years ago#6
Didn't Frea get possessed in the first ending becasue Lippi tried to take the Defense of heresy after beating the Crimson Shroud? I know that in NG+ it says that Lippi looks down at the book after the battle but "remembers his conversations with Gianque" and then doesn't touch it (might be refering to conversation about not talking stuff off corpses or something that happened in NG+ areas)

User Info: Tactician_J

Tactician_J
7 years ago#7
bobx, you're mixing details of the Tieffle's Room event where Lippi finds the prince's corpse into the first ending. There are no explicit details for what happened after the trio defeated the Crimson Shroud outside of them running and Giauque and Lippi buying time for Frea.
Welcome to my toll booth, which I've designed to receive a special kind of currency.
Thank you for paying attention.

User Info: whatsanintendo

whatsanintendo
7 years ago#8
I liked the first ending until I realized you hear Frea's inner monologue when she's talking with Flint. Maybe I misunderstood something, though.

In the first ending, it turns out Flint has been nursing the Apostle the whole time, right? And if you read her thoughts as coming from the Apostle instead of coming from Frea, they don't make any sense, right?

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
7 years ago#9
From: whatsanintendo | Posted: 1/1/2013 10:38:27 AM | #008
I liked the first ending until I realized you hear Frea's inner monologue when she's talking with Flint. Maybe I misunderstood something, though.

In the first ending, it turns out Flint has been nursing the Apostle the whole time, right? And if you read her thoughts as coming from the Apostle instead of coming from Frea, they don't make any sense, right?

Basically. That's why the first ending doesn't make sense.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: bobx500

bobx500
7 years ago#10
Tactician_J posted...
bobx, you're mixing details of the Tieffle's Room event where Lippi finds the prince's corpse into the first ending. There are no explicit details for what happened after the trio defeated the Crimson Shroud outside of them running and Giauque and Lippi buying time for Frea.

I had forgotten much of the original ending by the time I got to NG+, sorry about that.
  1. Boards
  2. Crimson Shroud
  3. NG+ ending is... (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
hellokidrobot511/28/2019

GameFAQs Q&A