• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. is this good equipment?

User Info: TheArgonianKing

TheArgonianKing
2 months ago#1
I'm level 29, warrior rank 7. I have iron helm, bandages, swordsman's chest, pants, greaves, and gauntlets, baleful nails, ebon neck wrap/ swordsman's mantle, and thousandlimbs.
I already ran away from the weird tentacle things but I haven't talked to ser maximillion. Also asalam died and i went to cassardis and stayed for a week and asalam is still dead. Advice?
PSN: DOVAH4LYFE
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad/Got sunshine, in a bag/I'm useless, but not for long/The future, it's coming on

User Info: RichterKaizer

RichterKaizer
2 months ago#2
While i don't really know how good the equipment is (since i'm a strider), the only advice i can give you regarding Asalam is that you continue the game normally until you require his services or simply restart the game changing the difficulty to hard mode and reverting it to your preferred difficulty.

User Info: gonsi

gonsi
2 months ago#3
You might need to change zone after week for him to reappear.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#4
Use Olra. I assume you mean for changing vocations as long as you have the Dark Arisen version of the game of course.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Egoist

Egoist
2 months ago#5
The game isn't really THAT gear dependent for you to progress, ofcourse you may do quests that gives you special rewards that would net you better gear but those aren't important early on. The best way to assess if your gear is up to par is to check the blacksmith shop in Gransoren, He basically updates his gear to match the difficulty of the story. Just upgrade if you have the materials and you're pretty much set.

The only time you need to farm perfect gear is to be competitive in the online event but anything outside that, it doesn't really matter especially in normal mode.

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#6
Egoist posted...
The game isn't really THAT gear dependent for you to progress, ofcourse you may do quests that gives you special rewards that would net you better gear but those aren't important early on. The best way to assess if your gear is up to par is to check the blacksmith shop in Gransoren, He basically updates his gear to match the difficulty of the story. Just upgrade if you have the materials and you're pretty much set.

The only time you need to farm perfect gear is to be competitive in the online event but anything outside that, it doesn't really matter especially in normal mode.

That's not so true with the weapons however. If you cannot do enough damage then it is kind of pointless. But that only applies to that island really.

Egoist
2 months ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...

That's not so true with the weapons however. If you cannot do enough damage then it is kind of pointless. But that only applies to that island really.

Ofcourse updating your gear is always necessary in an ARPG game, that's why I pointed him to the smithy so he could sort of gauge if he is under geared or whatnot.. Anyways, reaching the damage break point for every enemy in this game is never a problem unless the person is completely inept to how an RPG plays. I don't think TC is that stupid.

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#8
Egoist posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...

Ofcourse updating your gear is always necessary in an ARPG game, that's why I pointed him to the smithy so he could sort of gauge if he is under geared or whatnot.. Anyways, reaching the damage break point for every enemy in this game is never a problem unless the person is completely inept to how an RPG plays. I don't think TC is that stupid.

Gran Soren weapons are alright for main story but not BBI unless you are good, especially as a Warrior.

Egoist
1 month ago#9
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...

Gran Soren weapons are alright for main story but not BBI unless you are good, especially as a Warrior.

Err...I don't know about that man. I mostly play Warrior solo on hard mode and a GF'd Iraklis sometimes out bursts a GF'd Bitter End. In fact, I use Iraklis exclusively since the ridiculous amounts of knockdown resists of enemies in hardmode hinders how a warrior plays because their skills relies heavily on stuns, unless they specifically use equipments that boosts knockdowns. This also includes post daimon on BBI. I've killed Elder Ogres with 3 jumping heavies with my Iraklis many many times. I can't say the same for a bitter end.

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#10
Egoist posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Egoist posted...

Err...I don't know about that man. I mostly play Warrior solo on hard mode and a GF'd Iraklis sometimes out bursts a GF'd Bitter End. In fact, I use Iraklis exclusively since the ridiculous amounts of knockdown resists of enemies in hardmode hinders how a warrior plays because their skills relies heavily on stuns, unless they specifically use equipments that boosts knockdowns. This also includes post daimon on BBI. I've killed Elder Ogres with 3 jumping heavies with my Iraklis many many times. I can't say the same for a bitter end.

I did say if you are good then it not so bad but we have no knowledge how good the TC is at being a Warrior which is not to say they are rubbish or anything but they may not have had the experience or even the set up you use which is why your advice seems a little off to me as it appears to revolve around how you play the game as a veteran and not a up and comer.

I can kill Elder Ogres before they even finished spawning in but that is a different vocation and easier to use than Warrior which is all I am getting at. I can also entrance them ( any vocation ) so they cannot move and take the beating with no retaliation in sight but that is my thing. : )
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. is this good equipment?
  • Topic Archived