• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Bitterblack Armor level 3: Any spreadsheet I can check for results?

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#1
Since I'm limited to only 80 characters on thread title, I shall explain that I don't want only the possible armor and their bonus enchantment, I want something different.

Based on some sources in DD:DA wikia, the first time you go to BBI with fresh file, the game generates a seed to position your save in a hidden loot table for each of the Bitterblack Cursed items (i.e Armor Lv1/lLv2/Lv3, Weapon Lv1/Lv2/Lv3, Gear Lv1/Lv2/Lv3) and then it follow the order from that loot table from there, being pretty much impossible to change your position in that hidden table outside purifying which moves you forward one 'position' for each category or altering the game's code. In another words, you cannot change your position by clearing the game and starting ng+, godsbaning or manipulating class and stuff, though you can change the outcome of armor set, for example.

I guess by now some of you understood what I'm asking for. At the present, I have all Bitterblack Armor lv3 pieces except the gloves/hands part for all 3 rarer sets (Hellfire Gauntlets/Gauntlets of Oblivion/Carrion Claws). I'm a completionist by heart and I want at least all sets complete, even though I'm not going for all 122 variations of BBI Armor lv3 because of bonus effects, I simply cannot fathom how much time that will take. So with that said, I would like to at least see which position I'm currently in this hidden table to predict how much more BB Armor lv3 I need to farm before I can call my armor collection complete.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
1 month ago#2
The problem is that "table" is randomly generated when you create a save game, and the first BBA Lv3 you get will give you a seed based on your current playtime, and even if you knew beforehand which seed it was... And then you'd need to know exactly which seed represents each item...

Values range from 1 to 999999(verify), and are increased separately after each purification (Purifiying one Bitterblack Novelty 1 would make the corresponding value of 844858 increase to 844859, for example).

Each seed is initialized to the number of seconds played in the current game (mGamePlayTime) when the first cursed item of its kind is picked up. After that, it can only be changed by incrementing it through performing purifications.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Purification_Management
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3 UEE [PS4] .
PSN: XicaoXiita --- For the Pact!

User Info: gonsi

gonsi
1 month ago#3
Farming BBI lv3 items is one of the things i really dislike about this game.

So I found online that you can actually edit your save and give yourself items.

Its then up to you to keep within legal values.

User Info: Gaara_fan

Gaara_fan
1 month ago#4
Hi guys, sorry for the delay on the answer.

@Lord Heimdall
Oh I didn't know the hidden purification table was actually randomly generated, only that the seed was something picked up by playtime, so basically all purification tables are unique to everyone...that's a bummer to know, but at least I know it now, thank you!

@gonsi
I've contemplated doing that, but I've done something similar in the past on some RPGs for xbox 360 and it's a slippery-slope, you kinda begin to do in only one game and next you're doing in pretty much any game you can, so I'm avoiding manipulating my save unless it get really tedious or my luck turns out to be pretty bad.
"Prepare to be purified. Divine Assault, Ether Strike!" - Freya, Valkyrie Profile 2
https://psnprofiles.com/Otonio_Bruno

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#5
I would not advise tampering with the save file. It may corrupt your save or someone elses if they rent your pawn with the edited in items.

The table is random as said. You will only need to find three of any one piece as what vocation your Arisen or Pawn is determines the item from the three types of classes. You will get all of them eventually.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Bitterblack Armor level 3: Any spreadsheet I can check for results?
  • Topic Archived