Online Ur-Dragon bug?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Aletheides

Aletheides
1 month ago#1
Hello everyone, and thanks for keeping the online hunt alive! :)

I ran into an issue earlier today while fighting Gen 2099 during grace: I've made an online kill before, so have some idea of what it takes--but it seemed that the hearts weren't taking damage, despite being lit up; and I was doing significantly more damage than when I made my earlier kill.

My arisen is a sorcerer currently, so I was spamming Holy Affinity'ed Focused Bolts. Had the dragon stunlocked almost the entire battle, and because of the hearts' location (L ankle, L thigh), almost all my hits were going to one heart. The dragon's health emptied, but the heart wouldn't drop.

As a reference, my sorc's total magic before periapts is roughly 2360, and this fight I made a point to keep up the x4 magick boost.. Actually used all 32 Demon's periapts I brought with me.

Augments are Acuity, Attunement, Articulacy, Ferocity, Perpetuation and Sinew, and I was using a DF'ed Bane Archistaff, with a slew of magick-boosting Everfall gear. The dragon knocked me down maybe twice in the whole battle, and I had to recast Holy Affinity twice. All the rest of the time, I spammed FBs, staggering the dragon about 90% of the time (doubled-up Barbed Nails ftw!)

Has anyone else had this issue? I know the online Ur's health varies, but I can't help thinking that something else was amiss...

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
1 month ago#2
Aletheides posted...
Hello everyone, and thanks for keeping the online hunt alive! :)

I ran into an issue earlier today while fighting Gen 2099 during grace: I've made an online kill before, so have some idea of what it takes--but it seemed that the hearts weren't taking damage, despite being lit up; and I was doing significantly more damage than when I made my earlier kill.

My arisen is a sorcerer currently, so I was spamming Holy Affinity'ed Focused Bolts. Had the dragon stunlocked almost the entire battle, and because of the hearts' location (L ankle, L thigh), almost all my hits were going to one heart. The dragon's health emptied, but the heart wouldn't drop.

As a reference, my sorc's total magic before periapts is roughly 2360, and this fight I made a point to keep up the x4 magick boost.. Actually used all 32 Demon's periapts I brought with me.

Augments are Acuity, Attunement, Articulacy, Ferocity, Perpetuation and Sinew, and I was using a DF'ed Bane Archistaff, with a slew of magick-boosting Everfall gear. The dragon knocked me down maybe twice in the whole battle, and I had to recast Holy Affinity twice. All the rest of the time, I spammed FBs, staggering the dragon about 90% of the time (doubled-up Barbed Nails ftw!)

Has anyone else had this issue? I know the online Ur's health varies, but I can't help thinking that something else was amiss...

Greetings, @Aletheides ...

The Online UR is supposed to spawn at 4 - or more - versions/instances on every GEN, and besides that, it is known that every GEN has NOT the same STR & MAG resistances. Hence U might have read - or heard - some players saying that have encountered an "Unbreakable GEN" at times ...

From my three Arisens, Alcmene is build MAX MAG, but when i fight the UR, i NEVER fight him with her as Sorceress. The reason is simple: Low DPS. To plainly put, U can spamm HFBs at him & keep him stunlocked - pre or during Grace - but the Damage per second will still be low, compared to climb & hack ...And even if U have some of the best pawns along for UR Fights, don't rely on them to put most of the hurt ...

2360 MAG output is actually pretty low, even when U buff your Arisen x4.

If U need-want to keep going at him as Sorc, i can make three suggestions: Ditch Sinew in favor of Bloodlust. Let your pawn-s carry the extra weight. Bloodlust boosts STR AND MAG, as well. Next, give your Arisen a L3 Veil with "Boosts strength when U have been noticed e.t.c." for extra boost (they also boost MAG, not just STR). And use only Sanguine Stalk (obviously), plus if U have available, equip a MAG Master Ring - or two - instead of Barbed Nail-s. The reason for the Rings is that they will stack to your base stats and your total MAG output, when boosted x4 will deliver way more DPS. Sanguine's HFBs don't need Barbed Nails to stagger-stun-knockdown opponents ...

Finally, if U need just to make GP kills, besides the obvious usage of Maker's Finger or spamming Blast Arrows, change to either Strider, Assassin with Gale Harness or Magic Archer with Immolation, Framae, an STR Master Ring, the Daggerist's Band with 1000 Kisses, and ofcource the necessary trims - Skills & Augments. I haven't yet missed a GP kill with Alcmene - when i got to GPs - and as a reminder, she is MAX MAG, not MAX STR, and i usually go with her as Magic Archer.

And to answer your last question, i have encountered some very tough gens, which were quite resillient - "stubborn hearts", as most say - but those were gens with high physical defences, not a bug per se...

Anyway, hope the above help.

Cheers, mate ...
(Dan) Darth-Simous,(Deia) Darth-Secundus,(Tele) Darth-Sentius,http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
  • Topic Archived