Ferocity Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ctrlaltdleet

Ctrlaltdleet
3 months ago#1
Does Ferocity effect Bow shots? Or is it only Daggers ?
PSN: Eliteobsession
Arisen: CtrlAltDel Pawn: Nuke Bot

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
3 months ago#2
I believe (and don't quote me on it, I'm not certain because I usually use bow skills and not single shots) that bow's/longbow's single shots are affected by Ferocity, but not bow skills like 5/10 fold, etc. due to quick loose (a core skill).

I hope that helps, and I hope I am correct. :) It affects True Seeker (core skill) for Magick Archers too as far as I know.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

Ctrlaltdleet
3 months ago#3
See that's what I was thinking as well, but I was looking for more concrete evidence. As an assassin I tend to rely mostly on my bow unless fighting climbable enemies.

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#4
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
See that's what I was thinking as well, but I was looking for more concrete evidence. As an assassin I tend to rely mostly on my bow unless fighting climbable enemies.

Greetings, @Ctrlaltdleet . Ferocity indeed affects single bow shots on all Weapons & Bows, alike - ShortBows, Longbows & Magic Bows. But the 10% - per average - it gives a boost to - as to all core skills, is negligible, due to the fact the single bow shots are inneficient to all vocations wielding them. Ferocity has the most effect on Mages & Sorcerers, when using Holy Focused Bolts, due to multi-hit strike - each bolt out of the cluster gets a boost - hence it is best used on Casters.

Difficult to provide "hard data" nowadays, since we most have our Damage Meters MAXed - U can do damage tests early on in the game, mostly...

If your Assassin Arisen is STR-Based - "Pure STR Build" - go with Clout, Vehemence, Adhession, Opportunism, Bloodlust & Sinew.
Cheers ...
(Dan) Darth-Simous,(Deia) Darth-Secundus,(Tele) Darth-Sentius,http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

Ctrlaltdleet
3 months ago#5
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...

Greetings, @Ctrlaltdleet . Ferocity indeed affects single bow shots on all Weapons & Bows, alike - ShortBows, Longbows & Magic Bows. But the 10% - per average - it gives a boost to - as to all core skills, is negligible, due to the fact the single bow shots are inneficient to all vocations wielding them. Ferocity has the most effect on Mages & Sorcerers, when using Holy Focused Bolts, due to multi-hit strike - each bolt out of the cluster gets a boost - hence it is best used on Casters.

Difficult to provide "hard data" nowadays, since we most have our Damage Meters MAXed - U can do damage tests early on in the game, mostly...

If your Assassin Arisen is STR-Based - "Pure STR Build" - go with Clout, Vehemence, Adhession, Opportunism, Bloodlust & Sinew.
Cheers ...

Oddly enough I was reading bloodlust is no longer the go to specifically for BBI. The amount of night time there is so short, it's not useful ? This could have been false information, but however I appreciate your help friend.

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#6
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...

Cheers ...

Oddly enough I was reading bloodlust is no longer the go to specifically for BBI. The amount of night time there is so short, it's not useful ? This could have been false information, but however I appreciate your help friend.

@Ctrlaltdleet , TKU for your kind comment. Yeah, Bloodlust is still a very viable option for our Arisens even in BBI. There have been extensive tests in the past, from old players - waaayyy older than me - and it seems time in BBI passes inconsistenly. That means, for example, that we don't have 40 mins of real time as "day" and another 20 mins of (again) real time as "night". U can have, let's say 45 mins of "day" and 15 mins of "night" in BBI - but that is just an assumption, not hard numbers - and in another instance U can have 35 mins of "Day" and 25 mins of "Night"...

But, since Bloodlust increases both STR & MAG output, it is quite essential for Mystic Knights and Magic Archers. If U play as pure STR - or pure MAG - u can go with Exhilaration or Equanimity instead of Bloodlust, but playing in the "Red Zone" (low health) is quite intolerable for long gaming sessions. And i am not mentioning Autonomy, because most of us don't play without our pawns
... Cheers
(Dan) Darth-Simous,(Deia) Darth-Secundus,(Tele) Darth-Sentius,http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#7
Single Magick Bow shots are quite deadly in my opinion.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Ctrlaltdleet
3 months ago#8
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...

Cheers ...

@Ctrlaltdleet , TKU for your kind comment. Yeah, Bloodlust is still a very viable option for our Arisens even in BBI. There have been extensive tests in the past, from old players - waaayyy older than me - and it seems time in BBI passes inconsistenly. That means, for example, that we don't have 40 mins of real time as "day" and another 20 mins of (again) real time as "night". U can have, let's say 45 mins of "day" and 15 mins of "night" in BBI - but that is just an assumption, not hard numbers - and in another instance U can have 35 mins of "Day" and 25 mins of "Night"...

But, since Bloodlust increases both STR & MAG output, it is quite essential for Mystic Knights and Magic Archers. If U play as pure STR - or pure MAG - u can go with Exhilaration or Equanimity instead of Bloodlust, but playing in the "Red Zone" (low health) is quite intolerable for long gaming sessions. And i am not mentioning Autonomy, because most of us don't play without our pawns
... Cheers

Thank you again and I completely agree about autonomy. Sure if I'm doing UR runs I'll run it, but other than that I enjoy my companionship.

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#9
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...

Cheers ...

... Cheers

Thank you again and I completely agree about autonomy. Sure if I'm doing UR runs I'll run it, but other than that I enjoy my companionship.

@Ctrlaltdleet , U R welcome and i agree as well on the companionship part ... Speaking of which, I took a peek at your pawn recently and i see that U R on Vanilla DD ? Augments on Vanilla don't have a "Damage Cap", and Bloodlust, Equanimity & Exhilaration can get U very high STR & MAG output (again, i don't mention Autonomy), because they weren't "nerfed", as they were in Dark Arisen. I assumed U were on DA at first, due to the BBI & Bloodlust mention ...

BTW, the inconsistent time cycle on BBI was tested by Master
@Ghost_of_Kirin , and posted on an older topic:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/71748685

Still, for an Assassin on DA, i would choose Bloodlust over Ferocity any day (night... XD)

Cheers ...

Ctrlaltdleet
3 months ago#10
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...
Darth-Simous posted...
Ctrlaltdleet posted...

Cheers ...

... Cheers

@Ctrlaltdleet , U R welcome and i agree as well on the companionship part ... Speaking of which, I took a peek at your pawn recently and i see that U R on Vanilla DD ? Augments on Vanilla don't have a "Damage Cap", and Bloodlust, Equanimity & Exhilaration can get U very high STR & MAG output (again, i don't mention Autonomy), because they weren't "nerfed", as they were in Dark Arisen. I assumed U were on DA at first, due to the BBI & Bloodlust mention ...

BTW, the inconsistent time cycle on BBI was tested by Master
@Ghost_of_Kirin , and posted on an older topic:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/71748685

Still, for an Assassin on DA, i would choose Bloodlust over Ferocity any day (night... XD)

Cheers ...

I'm Dark Arisen. If you came to your conclusion because of my s*** gear Haha, yeah... I know... I'm just coming back to the game. Struggling with loot. Now I'm actually in BBI and still struggling. RC is becoming an issue.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived