Xbox 360 servers shutting down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Xbox 360 servers shutting down

User Info: jhlax15

jhlax15
7 months ago#11
Lord Heimdall posted...
Not only Ur. The whole Bitterblack will be unplayable (well, maybe except for those gaming demigods who can solo it).

It won't be impossible just harder for new players, kinda sucks capcom can't just keep the pawn sharing up and take away the ur dragon hunt.
PSN: soulxsociety

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
7 months ago#12
vipercode1867 posted...
I hope PS3 is next real soon. I'll be celebrating with Champagne. A total waste of time in gaming finally coming to an end. Hunting an online Ur Dragon a community concept not an individualistic concept, It's totally against human nature - poor game design.

f*** you.
PSN- Sratos0027 (Dipset Anthem>>>>National Anthem)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
7 months ago#13
Lord Heimdall posted...
Not only Ur. The whole Bitterblack will be unplayable (well, maybe except for those gaming demigods who can solo it).

It won't be unplayable, BBI can be taken on by a good arisen and their main pawn, and it can be beaten solo. It just won't be as fun, or frankly any fun at all. The whole draw of this game (for me) is using the pawns lovingly made by good people, not those awful Capcom pawns everyone stuck offline will have to choose from.

I'm just putting viperlord on blast because he's seemed to forgotten that Ur fighting is only a very tiny part of the DD:DA experience, in fact fighting the online version is never needed for anything, not even the trophy because offline Ur can fill that requirement. 99% of people playing don't give a damn about the stupid Ur Dragon.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

User Info: prophet

prophet
7 months ago#14
AliceUnchained posted...
vipercode1867 posted...
I hope PS3 is next real soon. I'll be celebrating with Champagne. A total waste of time in gaming finally coming to an end. Hunting an online Ur Dragon a community concept not an individualistic concept, It's totally against human nature - poor game design.

I try not to curse on here often, but reading this post makes me want to speak my mind. f*** that. Most of us want the server to stay up because we enjoy using our friends' pawns, we don't give a rat's ass about the Ur Dragon's leaderboard. I used to hunt on occasion, but for fun and to get Aby armor, masks, and weapons to give to new players/friends.

Just because you have an odd fixation on Ur hunting doesn't mean the rest of us do. I'll be sad when the servers go down because I'll miss the great pawns of all the wonderful people I've met in this community.

Heartily seconded. (May or may not have thought to myself Lay 'em flat Alice! Woooo! whilst reading this.)

Not to start anything but.... It's really kind of a ludicrous sentiment to share, here on a board where many (if not all) have spent - oh, sorry, wasted - countless hours enjoying this very game. (Well, excluding the time spent farming the Everfall lol.)

Furthermore - what a way to spit in the faces of those who did lose sleep to bring the Ur down, and provide frequent health updates for this entire board, making hunting possible.

I'd call it dedication. You can call it defecation, if it tickles you.

Anyway... Definitely going to launch myself into this game again and enjoy it some more before the inevitable Doomsday. Wanted to do it earlier, but I've been held back by my health.
My DD:DA Pawns: https://imgur.com/a/ft2MW
Acceptance vs. Awareness

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
7 months ago#15
prophet posted...
Heartily seconded. (May or may not have thought to myself Lay 'em flat Alice! Woooo! whilst reading this.)

Thanks! :D I'm glad you feel the same. This community has been so great to us, and these have been the best "wasted" hours I've spent with a game. We'll be really glad to see you back prophet, I even have a brand new pawn that would love to meet your crew.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

User Info: Bech2264

Bech2264
7 months ago#16
A server costs less than most appliances to keep running; CC could probably net a profit by running ads over online players loading screens.

They just don't seem to be trying hard enough to squeeze all our money out; I'm vary disappointed in Capcom right now.
Re-civilize yourself. PSN: SAPowers, Golgolathe, LividGorgon9828, GrowingH.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#17
Lord Heimdall posted...

A gold rarefied Sanguine Stalk on any Arisen build will decimate BBI, even on Hard : ).
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
7 months ago#18
Thank Odin everyone is reading what's in parentheses...
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- Can't we call it Civil War already?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Xbox 360 servers shutting down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived