• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Xbox 360 servers shutting down

User Info: jhlax15

jhlax15
9 months ago#1
As the topic states the xbox360 servers are shutting down march 31st wich is a surprise, I mean how much work does it take to keep the servers up? The question is when will the ps3 servers be taken down I honestly figured the servers would always stay up. Hopefully it's not anytime soon. What are your thoughts on this? Here is the link. http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/blog/2018/02/28/dragons-dogma-xbox-360---network-update
PSN: soulxsociety

User Info: densetsu_x

densetsu_x
9 months ago#2
I would venture to say the ps3 has a larger active fanbase which is why they're staying up for now (as mentioned there as well). It's not a surprise that if the usage does drop below a certain point for a period of time that they would turn the server off.

Still for those on the 360, here's a cheer for one last month with friends and comrades. Good luck to you.

User Info: Lord Heimdall

Lord Heimdall
9 months ago#3
This definitely doesn't bode well for PS3 version...
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4].
PSN: XicaoXiita --- "You have a brain. Use it!"

User Info: ACasser

ACasser
9 months ago#4
The game has been out for six years. I have a hard time faulting Capcom for shutting it down at this point if they don't see the benefits to doing so. Most games have their servers vanish into the ether long before that point.
(this space intentionally left blank)

User Info: vipercode1867

vipercode1867
9 months ago#5
I hope PS3 is next real soon. I'll be celebrating with Champagne. A total waste of time in gaming finally coming to an end. Hunting an online Ur Dragon a community concept not an individualistic concept, It's totally against human nature - poor game design.

User Info: DartAttack

DartAttack
9 months ago#6
Maybe if the PS3 server goes down, the PS4 game play will pick up.
PSN - FLgator78 - Emerald lvl 18 Strider - DenversChamp - Brittany lvl 200 Mage / Gvilledarts - Karah lvl 94 Warrior / DartAttack78 - Eric lvl 200 Ranger

User Info: vipercode1867

vipercode1867
9 months ago#7
PS4 version - updated fertilizer with a different color

Lord Heimdall
9 months ago#8
Try taking your pills before posting next time.

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
9 months ago#9
vipercode1867 posted...
I hope PS3 is next real soon. I'll be celebrating with Champagne. A total waste of time in gaming finally coming to an end. Hunting an online Ur Dragon a community concept not an individualistic concept, It's totally against human nature - poor game design.

I try not to curse on here often, but reading this post makes me want to speak my mind. f*** that. Most of us want the server to stay up because we enjoy using our friends' pawns, we don't give a rat's ass about the Ur Dragon's leaderboard. I used to hunt on occasion, but for fun and to get Aby armor, masks, and weapons to give to new players/friends.

Just because you have an odd fixation on Ur hunting doesn't mean the rest of us do. I'll be sad when the servers go down because I'll miss the great pawns of all the wonderful people I've met in this community.
AliceUnchained3 - Freyja - Sorceress (level 195)
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/5/7/8/9/0 are my other accts.

Lord Heimdall
9 months ago#10
Not only Ur. The whole Bitterblack will be unplayable (well, maybe except for those gaming demigods who can solo it).
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Xbox 360 servers shutting down
  • Topic Archived