A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#21
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Somebody needs to mention High Maelstrom and the Black Abbey. :)

Have Blessed Flower, either no support pawns or 2 low level ones, no main pawn. Hard mode preferable, equipping Emphasis, 2 Barbed Nails and Cursed King's Belt preferable but not completely necessary (might depend on the weapon, and stagger boosts help most with the Living Armor spawn).

Walk in and out of the Black Abbey, cast High Maelstrom if you see one of the following spawns below: 4 eliminators; 3 regular gorecyclopses; 1 condemned gorecyclops, 1 regular gorecyclops, and 1 cyclops; or 4 living armors. On Hard the Maelstrom probably won't lift all the armors, lure the survivors to fall from the ledges to their deaths. If you see any other spawn, walk out and back in until you see one of the four.

You can level from 100-200 in under 3 hours (3 Blessed Flower runs) with this method. :D

Have to level as a Sorcerer though which might not be ideal for some builds.

I was addressing the OP "a sorcerer's road to level 200" :D

Another note for TC, you don't need to sprint to Daimon as a yellow vocation at all, Vonhizzle prefers assassin etc. because it's faster but I can do it as a warrior without losing pawns. Should probably look into better pawns too if they don't have much higher stats than yours, they should have 2000+ attack or magic, a pawn with 1300 will be almost zero help against Daimon other than as a distraction. It can't be overstated how outdated your weapon is, 1300 would be a good attack stat for a level 50 character starting BBI (I recommend 1200+ attack when starting it seriously for first timers) not a level 150. It sounds like it's not even a dragonforged Everfall weapon which is the weakest you should be fighting in BBI with...

I already mentioned the Rotundra of Dread to TC which is pretty similar really and has easy access to Cursed Dragons if Rancid Bait Meat is found in one of the chests : ). I read your post too literally though and forgot what the actual topic was called as usual lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
8 months ago#22
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...

Have Blessed Flower, either no support pawns or 2 low level ones, no main pawn. Hard mode preferable, equipping Emphasis, 2 Barbed Nails and Cursed King's Belt preferable but not completely necessary (might depend on the weapon, and stagger boosts help most with the Living Armor spawn).

Walk in and out of the Black Abbey, cast High Maelstrom if you see one of the following spawns below: 4 eliminators; 3 regular gorecyclopses; 1 condemned gorecyclops, 1 regular gorecyclops, and 1 cyclops; or 4 living armors. On Hard the Maelstrom probably won't lift all the armors, lure the survivors to fall from the ledges to their deaths. If you see any other spawn, walk out and back in until you see one of the four.

You can level from 100-200 in under 3 hours (3 Blessed Flower runs) with this method. :D

Another note for TC, you don't need to sprint to Daimon as a yellow vocation at all, Vonhizzle prefers assassin etc. because it's faster but I can do it as a warrior without losing pawns. Should probably look into better pawns too if they don't have much higher stats than yours, they should have 2000+ attack or magic, a pawn with 1300 will be almost zero help against Daimon other than as a distraction. It can't be overstated how outdated your weapon is, 1300 would be a good attack stat for a level 50 character starting BBI (I recommend 1200+ attack when starting it seriously for first timers) not a level 150. It sounds like it's not even a dragonforged Everfall weapon which is the weakest you should be fighting in BBI with...

I already mentioned the Rotundra of Dread to TC which is pretty similar really and has easy access to Cursed Dragons if Rancid Bait Meat is found in one of the chests : ). I read your post too literally though and forgot what the actual topic was called as usual lol.

There is the 4 gorecyclops spawn in Rotunda which is great, but there are more mass XP spawns in the Abbey.
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#23
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...

There is the 4 gorecyclops spawn in Rotunda which is great, but there are more mass XP spawns in the Abbey.

Getting the right one is a pain sometimes though which is why I never go into those rooms with a set enemy to fight because they are usually the fight that wont show for some odd reason. Olra has more control on BBI than I thought it seems.

thefernus
8 months ago#24
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...

Getting the right one is a pain sometimes though which is why I never go into those rooms with a set enemy to fight because they are usually the fight that wont show for some odd reason. Olra has more control on BBI than I thought it seems.

Well, that's why it helps that there are 4 highly rewarding possible spawns instead of 1. :D

Olld-Onne
8 months ago#25
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...

Well, that's why it helps that there are 4 highly rewarding possible spawns instead of 1. :D

If you are basing it off of the actual spawns for experience then you have won the contest. : )

User Info: DSXTheGreatest

DSXTheGreatest
8 months ago#26
thefernus posted...
Only having a total magic 1000 higher than your base is bad for this point in the game, you should at least be using a gold dragonforged Bane Archistaff (which can be bought) which would give you 2597 magic with Acuity and Attunement, or over 3000 if you also use Bloodlust as Vonhizzle suggests.

You can actually buy Gold Rarified weapons?
"And David sayeth onto Goliath, 'Say cheese, jackass!'"

thefernus
8 months ago#27
DSXTheGreatest posted...
thefernus posted...
Only having a total magic 1000 higher than your base is bad for this point in the game, you should at least be using a gold dragonforged Bane Archistaff (which can be bought) which would give you 2597 magic with Acuity and Attunement, or over 3000 if you also use Bloodlust as Vonhizzle suggests.

You can actually buy Gold Rarified weapons?

No I meant you can buy the base Bane Archistaff (the third best staff, or arguably second if you don't like permanent holy enchantment), but you can upgrade it to gold pretty easily killing cursed dragons and using their drops to rarify. You probably even have all the mats if you killed cursed dragons before, there's no reason to be using the pre-Grigori staff it sounds like you're using to farm Daimon.

User Info: DSXTheGreatest

DSXTheGreatest
7 months ago#28
Thanks. When I was trying to farm Daimon, I was using the Solar Providence staff. I knew there was better equipment to go for, but I didn't have that many rift crystals, and the game decided to give me everything BUT the Bane and the other one that had the holy enchantment with what I was able to purify.

After those experiences with Daimon, I decided to leave him be and finish the game. I actually regret doing that now, but I'll just give it another go in my New Game +

I'm definitely waiting until after I get to 200 with my current character, though. I'm gonna make her a Magick Archer.
"And David sayeth onto Goliath, 'Say cheese, jackass!'"
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived