A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

User Info: DSXTheGreatest

DSXTheGreatest
6 months ago#11
Thanks again. Might try that one out for an Arisen too.

Went back and fought Daimon again, and it did NOT go well. I was able to take him down a lot faster than I did as a Sorcerer but I still ended up losing all my pawns and dying twice. And before that, BBI made sure that I was nice and softened up for the fight. All my pawns died on the run to the end, so the curatives I had on them (excluding my main one, of course) went bye-bye, and because I couldn't escape taking hits myself, I went in with even fewer items.

And I also made the mistake of going into that fight without any Conqueror's Periapts. I had plenty of Demon's Periapts on me, but I quickly learned that trying to hit this guy with Great Cannon blasts over and over wasn't a good strategy. Melee-wise, I had the Ascalon, so I wasn't doing scratch damage, but I still would've been swinging away at his back forever. I was carrying the Devilsbane too, but I knew better than to try casting Blessed Trance while in battle with this guy.

Is there a faster way to get to Daimon other than that shortcut after the Dark Bishop? I'd like to give fighting him another go, but the idea of having to sprint past a bunch of enemies, potentially taking hits, losing pawns, and ultimately arriving at his doorstep with a less than optimally prepared party each and every time is discouraging.

Sorry for all the questions, btw.
"And David sayeth onto Goliath, 'Say cheese, jackass!'"

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
6 months ago#12
Nah that's the only way, I just sprint to him. Assassin makes it faster because of gale harness. Here is a video of me doing it with Assassin:

https://youtu.be/e9silgoptI4

Here is how I kill him with magic builds:

https://youtu.be/BVBhuvCHTf0

Remember you can stack periapts 4 times.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Venus
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Invidia | Eros

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#13
If you dont have pawns with you you will receive more experience for your Arisen. Perhaps fighting in the Rotundra of Dread would be more your thing as you can just keep going in and out to spawn new enemies that have decent experience. It will not level you as fast but is less stressful as no need to continuously run back and forward with equipment and there is more variety if nothing else.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DSXTheGreatest

DSXTheGreatest
6 months ago#14
@vonhizzle So I'm taking him on with the wrong class, then. Thanks for the vids. It's annoying to have to switch to an Assassin (or bow wielding type in general) just to get to him in decent shape, but if that's what I've gotta do, I'll do it.

What I don't get is how you were able to cast your spells without him interrupting. He always puts in an effort to shut me down whenever I try, even when he seems to be distracted with my pawns. So far, it's been a matter of luck even with the stuff that has a short casting time, and that's with Articulacy and the Wyrmking Ring!

@Olld-Onne I'll give that a go when I'm on the last 100 levels with my next character. Sounds like it'll be less tedious than killing the Ur-Dragon over and over.
"And David sayeth onto Goliath, 'Say cheese, jackass!'"

User Info: vonhizzle

vonhizzle
6 months ago#15
You can do it with others but I've had the best success with MA and Assassin also Strider is good but those are for strength builds. Here is a video of Strider:

https://youtu.be/_I3lCo6feR0

The key is really to stun him. Use 2 barbed nails. Also the augments are important.

For magic use...

Acuity
Attunement
Bloodlust (rest till night in Gran Soren to use this)
Emphasis

Ferocity is good for sorc using HFB. Athleticism is good for running to Daimon.

Strength vocations would sub Acuity, Attunement, and Emphasis for Clout, Vehemence, and Impact.
PSN: vonhizzle | Pawn: Venus
ALTS: vonhizzle2-6 | Aqua | Aer | Terra | Invidia | Eros

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
6 months ago#16
Somebody needs to mention High Maelstrom and the Black Abbey. :)

Have Blessed Flower, either no support pawns or 2 low level ones, no main pawn. Hard mode preferable, equipping Emphasis, 2 Barbed Nails and Cursed King's Belt preferable but not completely necessary (might depend on the weapon, and stagger boosts help most with the Living Armor spawn).

Walk in and out of the Black Abbey, cast High Maelstrom if you see one of the following spawns below: 4 eliminators; 3 regular gorecyclopses; 1 condemned gorecyclops, 1 regular gorecyclops, and 1 cyclops; or 4 living armors. On Hard the Maelstrom probably won't lift all the armors, lure the survivors to fall from the ledges to their deaths. If you see any other spawn, walk out and back in until you see one of the four.

You can level from 100-200 in under 3 hours (3 Blessed Flower runs) with this method. :D
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur
(message deleted)

thefernus
6 months ago#18
Also regarding sorcerer vs Daimon, this is on Hard, level 200 but my base magic is 558 which is less than a level 100 pure sorcerer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4DovOjCYCE

It's not your base magic that's the problem it's your weapon, I could kill him easily even on my old file with 399 base. Only having a total magic 1000 higher than your base is bad for this point in the game, you should at least be using a gold dragonforged Bane Archistaff (which can be bought) which would give you 2597 magic with Acuity and Attunement, or over 3000 if you also use Bloodlust as Vonhizzle suggests.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#19
thefernus posted...

Have Blessed Flower, either no support pawns or 2 low level ones, no main pawn. Hard mode preferable, equipping Emphasis, 2 Barbed Nails and Cursed King's Belt preferable but not completely necessary (might depend on the weapon, and stagger boosts help most with the Living Armor spawn).

Walk in and out of the Black Abbey, cast High Maelstrom if you see one of the following spawns below: 4 eliminators; 3 regular gorecyclopses; 1 condemned gorecyclops, 1 regular gorecyclops, and 1 cyclops; or 4 living armors. On Hard the Maelstrom probably won't lift all the armors, lure the survivors to fall from the ledges to their deaths. If you see any other spawn, walk out and back in until you see one of the four.

You can level from 100-200 in under 3 hours (3 Blessed Flower runs) with this method. :D

Have to level as a Sorcerer though which might not be ideal for some builds.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

thefernus
5 months ago#20
Olld-Onne posted...
thefernus posted...

Have to level as a Sorcerer though which might not be ideal for some builds.

I was addressing the OP "a sorcerer's road to level 200" :D

Another note for TC, you don't need to sprint to Daimon as a yellow vocation at all, Vonhizzle prefers assassin etc. because it's faster but I can do it as a warrior without losing pawns. Should probably look into better pawns too if they don't have much higher stats than yours, they should have 2000+ attack or magic, a pawn with 1300 will be almost zero help against Daimon other than as a distraction. It can't be overstated how outdated your weapon is, 1300 would be a good attack stat for a level 50 character starting BBI (I recommend 1200+ attack when starting it seriously for first timers) not a level 150. It sounds like it's not even a dragonforged Everfall weapon which is the weakest you should be fighting in BBI with barring debilitation weapons...

BTW my level 51 pawn on PS4 can almost solo 2nd form Daimon (with a handful of revives, sometimes only 1, and me interrupting the vortex), if nothing else at level 150 you should be able to find a pair of pawns stronger than her (even 25+ levels lower than you to boost XP gain) who could nuke him.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. A Sorcerer's Road to Level 200

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived