Basic Stats Effectiveness in DA

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Basic Stats Effectiveness in DA

User Info: Bech2264

Bech2264
7 months ago#1
Okay, so I've been slugging through DD for the past 3-4 years now.

In all that time I've been playing under the assumption that offense > all other stats.

I feel like this mindset is outdated with DA.

So, what some good benchmarks for stats to hit, and after what point do stats start providing diminishing returns?

Because 190 assassin levels are boring AF, and running around with 3k hp feels really fragile.
Re-civilize yourself.

User Info: gonsi

gonsi
7 months ago#2
I don't believe there are diminishing returns in this game.

The more attack you have, the more you are above enemy defence so each new point is actually worth more than older. (if that makes sense)

As for being fragile. Are you playing on hard? I believe you will be fragile no matter what on that difficulty.

Only "diminishing return" i can think of is fun factor you mentioned. As long as you dont intend to break records in killing Online UR you won't notice much difference i think.

I'm little ocd so i made 3 characters, 550/550 atk/mag, full atk and full mag. Ended up laying 550/550 because its effective no matter what vocation i feel like playing. And really dont see much difference from other two, unless i would try playing sorc on full atk char ;)

Bech2264
7 months ago#3
Thanks, that really clears up the whole issue.

Now I can stop feeling bad for wanting to Lv as a Warrior.
Re-civilize yourself. PSN: SAPowers, Golgolathe, LividGorgon9828, GrowingH.

User Info: gonsi

gonsi
7 months ago#4
Warrior? Well. he can be fun but sadly is not very well designed.

You can only set 4 skills, where all other classes can set up 8, either 4 per melee and bow/shield or 8 for spells.

And skills take way too much time powering up for effect sadly :(

What do you not like in assassins btw? Great damage, bow to deal with those annoying flyers, parry skill :D

Oh, and hugging dragon heart and unleashing flurry of blows is also both fun and very effective :)

Bech2264
7 months ago#5
After playing as Assassin/Sorcerer so much being able to use heavy armor and take real damage seems too tempting.

And killing everything with a rusty bow gets old surprisingly fast.
Re-civilize yourself. PSN: SAPowers, Golgolathe, LividGorgon9828, GrowingH.

User Info: LuIzalot

LuIzalot
7 months ago#6
Magic defense and physical defense are very important in Hard mode, and especially BBI.

In Vanilla, defense wasn't as useful end game due to the attack values of even the most dangerous monsters being inconsequential, even with low defense values at high levels.

That's why everyone just played assassin loaded with their then broken augments.

User Info: thefernus

thefernus
6 months ago#7
gonsi posted...

As for being fragile. Are you playing on hard? I believe you will be fragile no matter what on that difficulty.

Not with Sanctuary, which makes me takes 1 damage per hit from eliminators and elder ogres. :P
PSN - Loli_Nation; pawn - Lolinator Jr PSN - Laifu4Waifu; pawn - GuardNexus
PSN - grandglutton; pawn - Leviatha PSN - Minataura; pawn - Minataur
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Basic Stats Effectiveness in DA

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived