Ur Dragon Gen 1976

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: William_Boone

William_Boone
7 months ago#11
Thanks wade for the call and kick and Congrats on your pre grace kill! Thanks for the tip. I got This one by a lucky shot!

Xant and Sarita got the same heart, tail tip. Also killed it by two diffent methoths... Xant with MF and Sarita by slashing! But Both very difficult indeed! Sarita always seems to get a Ur with lower health than Xant...

I Still cant believe i got both After having a hard time with the first... Im sure Sarita got it outside grace period!

Congrats to the hunters that were able to get this wicket gen! :)
PSN: William_Boone / Sabine / Strider Lv 200
PSN: The__Shadow7 / Marie / Sorcerer lv 200 [ ] PSN:William_Boone7 / Xantaruz / Strider lv 51 (younger Xant)

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
7 months ago#12
@kb2mocha - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/210447-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/76246986

You can check the video. At around 2:16, might want to try this.
PSN: sieg_valentine
DD:DA pawn: Caleigh lvl 200

User Info: kb2mocha

kb2mocha
7 months ago#13
ACasser posted...
To the midwife's mistake responsible for this monstrosity, I'd like to buy you a drink. Your choice: arsenic, paint thinner, or laundry detergent.

LOL =)

ACasser posted...
One heart here: tail tip. Doesn't stay in bounds, let alone staying still for a Finger shot. And my need to focus on timing and placing the shot just right meant I was over-thinking to the point where I forgot how to shoot arrows without thinking about that, too.

Were you able to get it, @ACasser? If so, have any tips?
Vanilla DD

kb2mocha
7 months ago#14
Orasion_Seiz posted...
@kb2mocha - https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/210447-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/76246986

You can check the video. At around 2:16, might want to try this.

Thank you for the link, @Orasion_Seiz. I didn't think about trying to get the tail tip heart as soon as the Ur Dragon lands.

It looks like @Corvoid shoots the tail tip heart prior to the Ur Dragon performing its opening roar. Is this the case? If so, I thought we had to wait until after the Ur Dragon performs its initial roar before MFs were effective.
Vanilla DD

User Info: Orasion_Seiz

Orasion_Seiz
7 months ago#15
@kb2mocha not sure also the MF is sometimes funny. I do finish the initial roar before i shoot the MF to be safe. I just position my self like corvoid did in the video to get the tail tip. I tried this both on the ps3 and ps4 seems to work fine.
PSN: sieg_valentine
DD:DA pawn: Caleigh lvl 200

User Info: WadeTLeja

WadeTLeja
7 months ago#16
kb2mocha posted...
@WadeTLeja - any tips/tricks on how to hit the end of tail heart with a MF arrow?

The "trick" I use is when it first lands. I stand in middle of chamber about where the eastern rocks begin when coming from north side (ie where the corrupt pawns are). I stand facing eastern rocks. When UR lands, the end of tail will be near ground and with swing toward the eastern rocks away from you. Then the tail will swing back toward you. The tail will stay at same height (ie stay level, no up or down). I hit the end of tail when it swings back toward me (usually at the the nearest point to my arisen). Note: this position is when you don't have the UR saying "Then you have come.." which is only said when you see you the first time after either a kill or when switching from the offline UR. When UR says this, it lands far closer to western side and closer to northern side (ie where tablet is). Will send you a couple of pics later today.

The Video about shows the "then you have come" landing position of the UR. All other landings are further south (ie away from tablet) and closer to eastern rocks. So I position Arisen more in middle (ie center line of COL). Additionally, from this position you can just move a bit after landing to take out other tail hearts. Lastly, from this position, when UR lands and then stands for it's roar, the 2 spine hearts are exposed (hit lower spine just above tail, hit upper spine near very top). The wing joint hearts can also be hit when it stands, just hit the top 1/4 of wing near the joint.

Hope this helps.

User Info: Corvoid

Corvoid
7 months ago#17
@WadeTLeja always really helpful to get your expert knowledge on this! I do most of my initial tail and spine shots on the western side. I have tried the eastern side, too, and the tail tip does make a much bigger and easier target there, as it swings toward you it can almost fill the whole screen (!) so your way may be best. And yes, the spine hearts are fairly easily done during the roar, just as he rears up--you can select either upper or lower spine for the shot.
psn: Corvoid (Vixeela lv200), Corvoid2 (Trixeela lv20), Corvoid3 (Ruxeela lv20),
Corvoid4 (Foxeela lv200), Corvoid5 (Jaxeela lv10), Corvoid6 (Xeela lv10)

User Info: ACasser

ACasser
7 months ago#18
kb2mocha posted...
Were you able to get it, @ACasser? If so, have any tips?

I did manage to get it, although I had strongly considered giving it a pass and going back to letting Zen Pinball 2 annoy me instead.

The only "tip" I can suggest is to encourage those people who do the hunting and the whittling down (not me!) to not leave the tail tip for last. Not only is it an obnoxious heart as we've all pointed out, but it's a bigger pain in the butt because the "hit box" doesn't correlate with the purple flesh and the glowing mote.

What I ended up doing was waiting for the tail to settle down when Urdy was doing something that would -- the things mentioned above, or spellcasting -- and then popping it with a normal arrow to try and ensure my aim was correct without wasting the Maker's Finger. Then I'd equip the MF and repeat the shot. Because that worked a lot better for me than trying to plink the heart when Urdy first landed.
(this space intentionally left blank)

kb2mocha
7 months ago#19
@WadeTLeja posted...
kb2mocha posted...
@WadeTLeja - any tips/tricks on how to hit the end of tail heart with a MF arrow?

The "trick" I use is when it first lands. I stand in middle of chamber about where the eastern rocks begin when coming from north side (ie where the corrupt pawns are). I stand facing eastern rocks. When UR lands, the end of tail will be near ground and with swing toward the eastern rocks away from you. Then the tail will swing back toward you. The tail will stay at same height (ie stay level, no up or down). I hit the end of tail when it swings back toward me (usually at the the nearest point to my arisen). Note: this position is when you don't have the UR saying "Then you have come.." which is only said when you see you the first time after either a kill or when switching from the offline UR. When UR says this, it lands far closer to western side and closer to northern side (ie where tablet is). Will send you a couple of pics later today.

The Video about shows the "then you have come" landing position of the UR. All other landings are further south (ie away from tablet) and closer to eastern rocks. So I position Arisen more in middle (ie center line of COL). Additionally, from this position you can just move a bit after landing to take out other tail hearts. Lastly, from this position, when UR lands and then stands for it's roar, the 2 spine hearts are exposed (hit lower spine just above tail, hit upper spine near very top). The wing joint hearts can also be hit when it stands, just hit the top 1/4 of wing near the joint.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the very descriptive explanation and pics. It sounds as if you take out the tail, spine, and wing joint hearts while the Ur Dragon is performing its initial roar. Is this true?

On the following page
http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Ur-Dragon#Maker.27s_Finger

the wiki states
Do not use a Maker's Finger prior to the online Ur-Dragon's introductory rear and roar. It can and will ignore its effect.

I have always avoided doing anything during the initial roar because of that statement on the wiki. If you have been successfully destroying hearts with MFs with the method you described during the initial roar, then it seems the wiki contains erroneous information.

Slide side note - I never put two and two together to realize the Ur Dragon only says "Then you have come...Very well, Arisen." during your initial encounter with it (after a new gen is born or switching from offline to online). I also noticed, but did not put two and two together as to when or why, that the Ur Dragon lands in different positions in the CoL.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Mr WadeTLeja. I think you could write a book. =)
Vanilla DD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived