Official Pawn Sharing Club #160

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #160

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
9 months ago#31
Topher0421 posted...
@Twizted_Jedi I've been recording my hires I've only gotten two so far and I have recorded them both and I also just hired rayne and rage do you guys need any thing specific for these two lovely pawns I can help you with @Shekhar79

@Topher0421 - Naah mate, I don't need anything, just some hires and knowledge for Rage. Btw, I ask again buddy if you got my hire from Shekhar79, Arisen Penetrator?

BTW, not sure what vocation Rage had on when you hired her. Should you require her as a Strider / Warrior / Fighter, let me know.
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200 sorceror)
PSN: Destructive_Lord | Arisen name : Dominator | Pawn : Rage
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
9 months ago#32
Shekhar79 posted...
@Twizted_Jedi,

Hahahaha...my kleptomaniac was at it at your arena as well?! You know what, as a beginner when you are low on stuff, I daresay it isn't a bad inclination to have. Besides, a level 20ish pawn is only there for knowledge in your and other arisen travels, to expect anything else would be asking for too much! In ROD or Black Abbey, disappearing loot is so annoying, especially when you take out the biggest threat first and their rare loot gets replaced with junky stuff from lesser enemies. Heavily Armored Vacuum Cleaner....this has me in splits! Friggin' hilarious!

She's changes her inclinations as I sat her at the table many times and like a petulant child berated her for her kleptomania. Then she got pissed at me, and started her tantrums by saying battle weary stuff like, "I'll have nightmares from that one (fight)" or "Perhaps we could avoid another battle". I sat her again at the table and made her 'manner of speech' from timid/meek to confident! Now I think she is better...or so I think!

@Shekhar79

So rare it is that a young padawan teaches the Jedi Master such a valuable lesson . XD

You are 150% correct about that and its a really good point .. A low level Warrior pawn is not going to do a whole lot in BBI and is in Fact there for knowledge , RC yada yada . Not to mention when they attack a fierce monster they mostly end up on their ass . Why not distract them a bit with shiny objects and put them on clean up duty ? Smart my friend ;)

* In my best Darth Vader voice * ....Impressive ... Most impressive .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Topher0421

Topher0421
9 months ago#33
@Shekhar79 yea man I got it I got like 900k+ rc and some bbi lvl 3 stuff I must have forgot to put that @
Psn:ffdp4201991 pawn:Chris lvl31 healer mage

Twizted_Jedi
9 months ago#34
Topher0421 posted...
@Twizted_Jedi I've been recording my hires I've only gotten two so far and I have recorded them both and I also just hired rayne and rage do you guys need any thing specific for these two lovely pawns I can help you with @Shekhar79

@Topher0421

No my friend Rayne needs no gifts at all as I don't play on her acct to keep her at level 36 . As long as you rate her all 5*s were good .

And I'm glad you've recorded your hires . Its important that you post them on the board though like I did earlier . The OPSC site has a great feature that allows you to record the hire then switch to Gamefaq format and copy / paste it to the Board .

Its really easy and it has cut my thank you post time Waaaaay down .

You actually should have received two Hires from me .. One was from my Thundergod acct and the other was a gifting session from N7 Warden .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
(edited 9 months ago)

Shekhar79
9 months ago#35
@Twizted_Jedi,

Master Jedi - I am humbled! xD Truth be told, till about level 50-ish, I prefer having pawns with this inclination as primary or secondary for the reason I stated. Let me give you another example, the little goblins drop "hunk of ore" (weighs 0.03 units)and the early bandits drop sometimes "shackle" (weighs 3.7 units). Combining the two gives you "Skeleton Key" which is almost mandatory for Ward of Regret to farm very easy GL3s in BBI2.0.

Need another example, all the scrags of beast you collect, make for excellent stamina regen sources (especially when they go sour). And even if they go rotten, combine with 'hunk of ore' to produce 'backfat oil(?)' which when combined with empty flash gives you 3 oil flasks. I know you know all this, but my objective if to put it out there should someone who doesn't know this, reads this. The apples and grapes that your pawn might collect are 'perfect' early HP items. When they go sour, combine with water flask to get white wine (from sour apples) and red wine (from sour grapes). In the beginning of the game, in Gransys, no other item heals you so much like these wines do. So my point is, I don't want to bother collecting "hunks of ores" and crap. If my pawn does it, at least I am very well prepared.

After level 35-50, this inclination is redundant as pawns are 'smart' to pick up rare loot while ignoring crappy loot like 'hunks of ores'. They will pick up vengeful mirrors more readily but not rift crystal specks, irrespective of their inclinations. At least this is what I've observed.

Shekhar79
9 months ago#36
Topher0421 posted...
@Shekhar79 yea man I got it I got like 900k+ rc and some bbi lvl 3 stuff I must have forgot to put that @

I hope you didn't mind my asking twice. The reason I asked was because I had sent some level appropriate DForged armour and stuff that I had DForged with Chris in team. Hence, it was important for me to know if I didn't waste my time (if the hire got lost). Like I said, I don't need anything in return buddy! Just enjoy the game, interact with all of us and have fun!

User Info: Topher0421

Topher0421
9 months ago#37
@Shekhar79 yea man I got it it helped out a lot when I first say your rage still had a rusted bow I thought something was wrong at first and then a random wolf got topored and then I remembered once it gets upgraded enough it can cause topor πŸ˜… don't mind he its been a few years since I last played oh and @Twizted_Jedi this isn't my first play through I have beaten Damien once before
Psn:ffdp4201991 pawn:Chris lvl31 healer mage

Twizted_Jedi
9 months ago#38
@Shekhar79

Are you going for student of the year or what ! ? XD .. Damn I'm friggin proud of you right now !

Your last post had more bullet points than a armory at a Marine Corps Base !

Backfat oil is also one of the best stamina curatives for early levels .. It actually gives you more stamina that Lg Mushrooms . It also sells for a good chunk of gold so It may be more economically beneficial to sell it over making oil flasks or using it as a curative . My point is that it is extremely useful and I'm really glad you brought it up .

And since were on the subject , Letting meat sour then selling it brings in big $$ as does letting veggies go moldy . As you stated its best to combine water n moldy grapes n apples for wine as a HP curative .

If you screw up with Ambrosial meat and let it go rotten just combine it with an Airtight flask and Spring water and its now Kept Ambrosial Meat worth a NICE chunk of change .

Don't forget.. Its best to sell when all 4 party members have the Suasion Augment . This is exactly why i keep it on Rayne . Like I said she's there to help with all aspects of those earlier levels as well as being a leveling crutch .

Shekky it is so rare on our small Ps3 board these days to have a member and student show the desire , endurance and patience to become teacher .. I can feel a disturbance in the Force ....It is surely Darth and Alice beaming with pride along with me right now . Well fu#kin done sir !
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
9 months ago#39
Greetings to all & please forgive the brief absence - fatigue has taken it's toll earlier :-( ... Now, onto messages !

@AliceUnchained posted...
Thank you for sharing this story! :D I'm so glad my little torpor mage served you well, grapnel has saved my ass more times than I can count too. The lovely Deia is always a lifesaver too, she has served as my bodyguard and main phys. damage causer on many an occasion. Thanks again Shekhar, reading that story made me smile.

Much obliged, dear @AliceUnchained , for the kind comment to my younger gal ! I concur with brother @Twizted_Jedi about Eir - she is an amazing Lady and one of the most unique pawns i ever had the chance of teaming up ! I hope U R well, Alice, & talk soon !

@Shekhar79 posted...
@AliceUnchained & @Darth-Simous, I'm happy you liked my story. I had to narrate it as it was not only intense but memorable. And I concur with you Alice, as Mr. Simous very well knows by now, how much Deia has been my bodyguard so far on first Arisen. And now she is living upto that role with the other Arisen as well. Besides, she often pulls out blast arrows from boxes for me. She knows me the best ! :)

@Shekhar79, thank U again for sharing the story, man ... And always glad to hear about my Deia ! I hope Rage's account is OK ATM ! U R welcome for the hire on Femme & incoming TKUs from me, as well, besides other messages - I see U & brother Twizted have been "busy" earlier, hehe ...

@Twizted_Jedi posted...
Rayne thanks you from the very bottom of her low level over achieving heart for those amazing compliments . She is absolutely over the moon atm . Good thing she's not the type to get a swelled head . Thanks again buddy

Brother T, my niece Rayne deserves all the praise she can get - and even than is not enough ! I remember back about 4 months ago, when i was leveling Alcmene & Deia, she & Aria were literally life-savers ...

Incoming reply PM, brother, plus TKU's, besides other posts, coming up !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
9 months ago#40
Twizted_Jedi posted...
@Shekhar79, I know you wouldn't bag her intentionally buddy .. Just sayin if you need to check your acct to see if its actually rocked its totally cool with me . Let me know when you want Grapnel n I'll change it for you . I think its just one of those skills like Downpour Volley that Pawns just use better than us.

High Grapnel is easily one of the most overlooked Mage spells, to quote one of the comments on it's DD Wikia Page - http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grapnel - and one of the spells i "envy" on Mages ... @AliceUnchained 's Eir does wonders with it & i concur with bro @Twizted_Jedi 's nod above that indeed, Pawns use this - and Downpour Volley - better than us ...

Eir is just unreal in general .. I must warn you however that she is my pawn crush n It's not wise to upset a Jedi .. Especially a Twizted one . Besides I saw her first ! XD

And, LOL at the above^, brother T !!! I thought i felt a disturbance in the Force, earlier !!! Alice, your Mage gal has become quite invaluable ATM !!! And, rightfully so !

I know you don't own the copyright on " Loot Whore " buddy but It was a good spot for it and I wanted to give you a nod :) But yes sir True Hoarders we are !
And I second your statement above..... Dan and Deia , Otherwise known as the The Smoldering Twin Towers deserve all their accolades , Without a doubt two of the finest pawns ever to grace the Rift.

Thank U, brother T, your nieces bow to your Jedi Mastery ... Deia is - trully - your own child, as well as she is mine ...

@Topher0421 posted...
@Darth-Simous and @Twizted_Jedi so this morning when I got on I thought you know what these guys have been really good to me I got about 2m rc I'll take there pawns out for a while at least they will get some rc out of it then I looked you guys up you know at my level its 6m ro summon one of you yup just one so that's not going to happen in a whileπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

@Topher0421 , @Twizted_Jedi already gave U a very good reply on Post #27. I can partially speak for him & say that both him & me don't ask hires in return. We have 1000s of miles under the hood, as they say, with DD, and we are - almost - always glad to help fellow DD Gamers.

But, that doesn't mean we do that to everybody, or non-stop, moreover ... Aknowledging hires - NOT thanking for them, per se, that's up to each & every one of us - is indeed really important, to a game that is based on sharing among players, and NOT antagonising each-other.

Topher, tomorrow U - may - start giving hires back, and - trust me on this - U will want your hires to be aknowledged, since U joined the Sharing Club. It is considered tradition, among DD fellow gamers, who happen to be members of the club, for many years now.

The OPSC Site is something different, and nobody is obligated to register there, if they don't want to... But, it has a cool feature, which U can record the hires & copy-paste them right back here, for easy mentioning, as @Twizted_Jedi mentioned in post #34 ... It only takes about 10 to 15 mins, tops, to make the whole deal. Consider that, towards the time others have spent, hiring - and will hire again - Chris in the future.

As in Real Life, treat other fellow gamers well & U have a chance of getting the same in return. I hope these are useful to U, as before ... The DD Community is based on some of the above, hence the game still stays alive in PS3... Cheers, buddy...
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY
(edited 9 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #160