Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: densetsu_x

densetsu_x
4 months ago#341
Twizted_Jedi posted...
@densetsu_x good to see ya poppin in buddy , Hope ur feeling better .

Good to see you and your connection alive as well.

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
4 months ago#342
Forgive me if I overlook a post, I see I've fallen behind in responding! :)

@Shekhar79 , I'm glad any advice about Ur fighting I've shared helps. I haven't had that particular glitch with Ur, but I have had other odd glitches when fighting him. Good luck, I hope you get a Ur kill soon. You think you're addicted now? Wait until you taste your first victory. :D I just noticed you mention the damage cap, I should've warned you. Go easy on the boosters until grace period, maybe just stack 2 instead of 4 pre-grace to keep your damage from going over, or cut your rounds short by ferrystoning out early.

@Darth-Simous , I miss Sol too, I was very fond of her. Fighters in general are very underrated. I don't know if you've ever checked out @_ard 's Absolute Pawn Contest threads from a couple years ago, but after watching the pawns fight all alone against some tough BBI beasts my eyes were opened to the greatness of a high knowledge fighter pawn. Hopefully Njorun can live up to Sol's prowess. :D

Thanks for the compliments on my new pawn's build too, I'm happy with it as well. The extra stamina vs. a max magick build should help her hold out Fulmination longer too.

@Twizted_Jedi , Thank you for recommending Lofn for Ur hunting, she was actually built for hunting Ur. She is near max strength, and a very aggressive climber. @Shekhar79 , if you ever want to give Lofn a try she's at AliceUnchained4, she's my spunky little strawberry blonde strider.

Ha-ha, we do have an unhealthy obsession with stat planners don't we? I think it's because my original Arisen way back when I first started ages ago had such terrible stats, I was all over the place leveling, trying all vocations. Now that I know what I'm doing (sometimes!) I just enjoy crunching the numbers for that "perfect" build.

@densetsu_x , glad to see you're still around! I hope you are doing well. :)

I've probably overlooked a post or two, if so I'll respond in a bit. I'm hoping to get an hour or two to play tonight. See you all in the rift.

I also have some thanks from my girls I'll post in just a bit too, mostly from @Darth-Simous entertaining all my ladies. ;)
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/7/8/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
4 months ago#343
I just noticed this and wanted to reply. Of course I noticed too late to edit in my previous post.

Darth-Simous posted...
I actually gave Danika briefly her High Seism, to be able to sync better with Sif, but my gal doesn't seem to like it, neither High Miasma... On the other hand, Sif fired both skills many times, with some excellent results on the CD ... I gotta Team-up these two more, i think ! Cheers, Alice.

I have noticed that pawns do not like to cast High Seism, even if an Arisen casts it. It's a fairly long-cast spell (like High Maelstrom). @prophet 's Idris used first tier Seism and cast it like crazy, which was why I decided to give it a try on Sif. She does love casting it, doesn't she? :P My sorcerer pawns (both Sif and my old pawn Hrist) loved to cast High Miasma, but I've encountered several pawns that hardly cast it at all. I'm not sure why. As a Sorcerer player often myself I love High Miasma, especially for Gransys beasts. It's quick-casting and surprisingly strong, and it's made for inflicting debilitations. I never use Silentium as a sorcerer, Keen Dragon's Wit goldforged + High Miasma (and Morbidity if you're feeling extra frisky) = neutered Frostwyrms and other pesky casters. :D (I know you like debilitations as much as I do.)

Thanks for complimenting Sif as well, I'm very fond of her.
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/7/8/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
4 months ago#344
AliceUnchained posted...
@Twizted_Jedi , Thank you for recommending Lofn for Ur hunting, she was actually built for hunting Ur. She is near max strength, and a very aggressive climber. @Shekhar79 , if you ever want to give Lofn a try she's at AliceUnchained4, she's my spunky little strawberry blonde strider.

Ha-ha, we do have an unhealthy obsession with stat planners don't we? I think it's because my original Arisen way back when I first started ages ago had such terrible stats, I was all over the place leveling, trying all vocations. Now that I know what I'm doing (sometimes!) I just enjoy crunching the numbers for that "perfect" build.

Hahaha ...seems we also have nocturnal posting in common as well as a stat planner addiction ..lol :) Ditto on the reasoning BTW .. My first arisen and Aria both have weird stats . Luckily not terrible but not Ideal by any means .

Also crammed in a little playtime tonight so I just finished cleaning up that quest for you , Then did a quick RnR on NJ . Her and Yggy are really saving my ass atm cuz I AM RUSTY !! ... Like R2D2 after one of C3PO's Golden Showers RUSTY XD !

And Yeah .. Lofn is just a friggin beast of a climber so I'm happy to give Shekky a heads up on her . Aria is a decent climber but really more of a crowd control Strider .

Ok I'm rackin out .. Nite all :)
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
4 months ago#345
AliceUnchained posted...

Twizted_Jedi posted...
And Yeah .. Lofn is just a friggin beast of a climber so I'm happy to give Shekky a heads up on her . Aria is a decent climber but really more of a crowd control Strider .

Do I want to try her for the UR battle? Two out of the three of the Holy Trinity say 'aye' while the 3rd is yet to look at this post and will reply post-facto 'aye', then who am I to dither? :-D .... Bad joke...to the discerning the Holy Trinity of DD:DA is @AliceUnchained, @Twizted_Jedi & @Darth-Simous ...

You know you are in right company when others promote another's pawn for specific tasks! This is the true spirit of gaming, that's sadly been reduced so much with advent of FPS competitive gaming. Thanks guys!

@AliceUnchained & @Darth-Simous, I am addicted to UR (for now at least). And I'm pissed a little that his health bar is just 8.45 currently. Get in there and swipe him a few times. I am dying to get my first kill.
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
4 months ago#346
AliceUnchained posted...
Forgive me if I overlook a post, I see I've fallen behind in responding ! :)

@Darth-Simous , I miss Sol too, I was very fond of her. Fighters in general are very underrated. I don't know if you've ever checked out @_ard 's Absolute Pawn Contest threads from a couple years ago, but after watching the pawns fight all alone against some tough BBI beasts my eyes were opened to the greatness of a high knowledge fighter pawn. Hopefully Njorun can live up to Sol's prowess. :D

@AliceUnchained , indeed they are ! They might not excel in Gransys, due to open spaces, but in BBI, i consider them the most effective vocation for Pawns ! I actually haven't gone through those threads, but i know what was happening on those contests. @densetsu_x was kind enough to bring me up to speed, about the Pawn Contests ! I have no doubt what NJ will become on the end :-)

Thanks for the compliments on my new pawn's build too, I'm happy with it as well. The extra stamina vs. a max magick build should help her hold out Fulmination longer too.

It is indeed a GREAT Build Plan for the new Unchained Valkyrie ! BTW, TKU again kindly, Brother @Twizted_Jedi , for the new & revised plan for my upcoming guy !

I haven't actually hired Lofn much, out of all Unchained sisters, because i have been meaning to take her along UR Fighting, as well ! But, that will have to wait, ATM, hehe ... Shekhar is beating the crap out of him, ATM !!!

Ha-ha, we do have an unhealthy obsession with stat planners don't we? I think it's because my original Arisen way back when I first started ages ago had such terrible stats, I was all over the place leveling, trying all vocations. Now that I know what I'm doing (sometimes !) I just enjoy crunching the numbers for that "perfect" build.

Brother Twizted helped many-many gamers here - including me, ofcource - with their Build Plans. Danika's Arisen (Simous) has a bad build (434 STR & 490 MAG), due to playing & leveling a lot as Mystic Knight ... that happens when someone spamms the Great Cannon much :-) XD

@densetsu_x , glad to see you're still around! I hope you are doing well. :)

I wanna second that, as well !!!

I also have some thanks from my girls I'll post in just a bit too, mostly from @Darth-Simous entertaining all my ladies. ;)

I still have NJ with Femme on Danika's account, just a head's up, i will be releasing her tonight !

Next post follows !
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

Darth-Simous
4 months ago#347
AliceUnchained posted...
I just noticed this and wanted to reply. Of course I noticed too late to edit in my previous post.

Darth-Simous posted...
I actually gave Danika briefly her High Seism, to be able to sync better with Sif, but my gal doesn't seem to like it, neither High Miasma... On the other hand, Sif fired both skills many times, with some excellent results on the CD ... I gotta Team-up these two more, i think ! Cheers, Alice.

I have noticed that pawns do not like to cast High Seism, even if an Arisen casts it. It's a fairly long-cast spell (like High Maelstrom). @prophet 's Idris used first tier Seism and cast it like crazy, which was why I decided to give it a try on Sif. She does love casting it, doesn't she? :P My sorcerer pawns (both Sif and my old pawn Hrist) loved to cast High Miasma, but I've encountered several pawns that hardly cast it at all. I'm not sure why. As a Sorcerer player often myself I love High Miasma, especially for Gransys beasts. It's quick-casting and surprisingly strong, and it's made for inflicting debilitations. I never use Silentium as a sorcerer, Keen Dragon's Wit goldforged + High Miasma (and Morbidity if you're feeling extra frisky) = neutered Frostwyrms and other pesky casters. :D (I know you like debilitations as much as I do.)

Thanks for complimenting Sif as well, I'm very fond of her.

@AliceUnchained, yeah, i am with U there, as well. U & me love our casters & we have tried everything - and anything - on them, Alice !

Sorcerers are indeed my 2nd Fav Vocation on Arisens & Pawns. And, indeed i have tried many times in the past, either utilizing Seism (High or Grand) for my Arisen, or make Danika cast it more herself, but no-go unfortunatelly ... My Dan loves spamming High Maelstrom, Gicel & Bolide, though, when she gets the chance, but i only use HM on her, when Simous is back, being a Sorcerer with HM himself. I actually hadn't hired Idris, the only of Prophet's Pawns i missed hiring.

I will try giving Dan High Seism again, next time she is teamed-up with Sif, and will let U know further impressions !

For High Miasma, the only pawn i actually seen in action casting it a lot was @DirtyBaz ' s Selene, as i mentioned in older post. And, it was actually the only time i saw a cut-scene playing, with Selene shouting: "Come, ruinous venom !!!", while she casted it ! It is indeed a super-great skill, and if the Grave or Carrion Veil, with the Boost Attribute, wasn't working on our Arisens - thankfully it does, so i have to tolerate it, unfortunatelly, on Alcmene & on Simous - i would have gone with the High Miasma & Adept's Hat combo all the time.

Stacking two or three High Miasma's together with the Hat - or the Veil which extends Skill Duration - and buffed MAG x4 actually does tremendous damage, even to Death, if he glitches - which he usually does - in some places and stays put ! And, if it weren't for HFB spamming, i would be using High Miasma de-facto on my Arisens.

Me too, i don't use Silentium, i find it too clumsy to be effective ! KDW with HFB = Instant Silencing ! Yes, indeed, i am much into Debilitations, as U well-said, either inflicting or preventing them !

And, now, i am hearing Twizted in my mind: "Go & buy some Sobering Wine, U scrub" ... LOL ..XD

... Like R2D2 after one of C3PO's Golden Showers RUSTY XD !

@Twizted_Jedi , HAHA, bro, lol, amazing !!! Hat's off, as always !!!

And, truthfully, can't wait to Team-up Danika with Sif & Nova for a new Casters' Party on BBI !

Darth-Simous
4 months ago#348
Shekhar79 posted...
AliceUnchained posted...

Twizted_Jedi posted...
And Yeah .. Lofn is just a friggin beast of a climber so I'm happy to give Shekky a heads up on her. Aria is a decent climber but really more of a crowd control Strider.

Do I want to try her for the UR battle? Two out of the three of the Holy Trinity say 'aye' while the 3rd is yet to look at this post and will reply post-facto 'aye', then who am I to dither? :-D .... Bad joke...to the discerning the Holy Trinity of DD:DA is @AliceUnchained, @Twizted_Jedi & @Darth-Simous ...

You know you are in right company when others promote another's pawn for specific tasks ! This is the true spirit of gaming, that's sadly been reduced so much with advent of FPS competitive gaming. Thanks guys!

@AliceUnchained & @Darth-Simous, I am addicted to UR (for now at least). And I'm pissed a little that his health bar is just 8.45 currently. Get in there and swipe him a few times. I am dying to get my first kill.

@Shekhar79 , lol at the above ^ !!! I hope the fight goes well, my friend, and i thank U for our yesterdays comms, too ! I really hope Danika fights well for U & Femme on the UR.

I indeed have hired Lofn in the past, and she made short work of any poor Condemned Gorecyclops, unlucky enough to be found in her way ! And, really can't think of a better Strider Pawn Vs the UR & I am eager to try her myself on the "Big, Bad & Ugly" dinosaur !

FPS .. damn, bro, why U had to ruin such a good moment, lol ? Bad joke from me, my friend, U R correct on your saying there, as well !

U will get him, my friend, i know U will. BTW, TKU kindly in advance for Danika's recent hires & your trust in her Sorcery abilities ! I will mention my TKU's later tonight, most likely, after i release Femme, still on Team-Danika myself ! Cheers, my friend ...

Twizted_Jedi
4 months ago#349
Shekhar79 posted...
You know you are in right company when others promote another's pawn for specific tasks! This is the true spirit of gaming, that's sadly been reduced so much with advent of FPS competitive gaming. Thanks guys!

LOL !! You stole my kill NOOB !!!! XD .. Couldn't agree more dude .. My best experience from my PVP days was way back in COD MW2 .. A really foul mouthed nasty little 10 year old sh#t was spouting all those pre pubescent cliche's regarding other players moms and such .. You get the idea . Anyway after what seemed an eternity of this little creep pissing everyone off , It happened . The kids mom had been standing in the room listening to him spout the unthinkable and proceeded to whip his punk ass while he screamed like a little girl ! And we heard it ALL obviously cheering the entire time .. EPIC !!! XD

On another note ... Femme ! I finally got to run her for a bit last nite and I am really impressed . You have done really well with her my friend . Buffs like a champ and rains down the pain really well . Cant wait to see what you do with your next pawn .

Haven't let her go yet n probably wont for a bit . I took her for an UR fight and I can pretty much say with no doubt that her Dragonkin star is NOT UR related .. At least not Stagger or shot out of the sky while flying . I pancaked that big glowy pimpled Iguana from the top of his fight pattern and no star .. He was staggered countless times as well . It could be the Possession flag . My advice would be to strip Femme of any Possession resistant clothing next time you face a dragon .

The UR works for this as well .. In fact you can pick her up and throw her at him when he's about to do his grab animation . I've had that star pop a few different ways ... let her get possessed then slug down a sobering wine or give her a cure possession curative . ( Darth's comment above is making me LOL atm .. " Go and buy some Sobering wine u scrub !!! " Classic :)

Also try staggering him right before he possesses her . Same technique as always Blast arrows + Mighty Bend + STR boosters = PROFIT !
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

Twizted_Jedi
4 months ago#350
@Shekhar79

BTW... That Holy trinity stuff Is currently swelling my head so I wont have time to trifle with u people soon !! :) .....Just kidding of course ! You are too kind buddy but I appreciate the compliment .

Just wait .. If you thought the first time through was fun .. Believe me the second is even better cuz u know what your doing . To make it even better you will be raising brand new pawn along with Alice and Darth ! Are you Fu#kin kidding me !

You are a lucky guy my friend . There is something about raising pawns with friends that just makes it a whole new experience .. And your friends ? Literally two of the best DA players out there . You will be a friggin master by the end of that journey . This game is really unique in one aspect over all , Even when you have thousands of hours invested , You still learn new things all the time . I've learned TONS from Darth , Alice and many other players and I came into the club with a few thousand hours and 5 accts . This community is just unreal .
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived