Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#331
Gundam_God posted...
Robin and I would like to thank:

OPSC member(s) ...
- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 1,000,000 RC, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, 5/5/5 ratings and Excelled in all regards.
- @Shekhar79 (pawn Femme_Fury) for 1,000,000 RC, Veteran's Periapt, 5/5/5 ratings and Excelled in all regards.

Double RC Bomb and curiously identical comments. hehe. Thank you both for keeping the dust off my girl.

I'm looking forward to the new pawn additions in short order !

Have waved goodbye to Alexandre and XV and said hello to Njorun and Shiva (listed as arisen name Shinj on opsc).

@Gundam_God , it was indeed crazy, man ! As @Shekhar79 already mentioned, it is like we copy each other's hires, lately, lol ! The only thing was missing was the gift, being the same - Shek, damn, buddy ! XD

Isn't about time Robin gets a sibling, as well ? Food for thought, as they say, man ...

Cheers, buddy ...
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#332
Shekhar79 posted...
So I wake up this morning as see the thread has moved from page #31 to #33. As one of the NPCs at GS noble quarters (upon being gifted to raise affinity) says, "Oh Joy, my thanks Ser!" Indeed good to see activity and action on the board.

@Twizted_Jedi, it's good to see you back mate. I was hoping to see you and take your advice on new build. @Darth-Simous and I have spoken about this. Gaining a little experience in this game, I would say my natural inclination is towards "up-and-close" kinda character. Hence I favour a STR build. Heck, I've been running my balanced arisen currently with two STR rings and STR weapons. But going the min-max route of 1-10 fighter, rest as Assassin would screw the defence a lot. Do you readily have a build that meets my objectives. Still not 100% sure if I want to start it, but I'd like to have it ready if and when I do. Right now, I feel as if I have a truck load to do yet....play as MA, farm Daimon, slay UR, play through campaign 7 more times to get all Dragon weapons blah blah blah... list goes on.

@Shekhar79 , until @Twizted_Jedi gives U his own reply, i can tell U - like in our PMs - that the build is very important, but so are personal Vocation preferences. As very High, or MAX STR, for an Arisen, U can excel at playing Strider, Assassin, Mystic Knight (but for close encounters, with Abyssal Anguish & Eminence) - and Magic Archer with Immolation, or Flameshroud. Personally, my 4th Arisen will be MAX STR, but will be build like this mostly for testing purposes & to keep the lore i started with Alcmene & Deia. For me, climbing & climbing critters all the time gets old very fast, and the camera doesn't help, during climbing ...
And, as in our PMs, start Magic Archer already, dude, lol !!!

@AliceUnchained, thanks for holding onto UR stuff for me. Much appreciated. I attempted online UR thrice yesterday and I'm hooked for the time being. Screws all my other plans now, lol...if it means anything to you, I had Yggdrasile and @Darth-Simous ' Danika with me in my maiden venture. For me the maiden take downs are very important and I like to have pawns of my good friends. Heck, I even dilly-dallied fussing at GS inn for a good 2 hours thinking which augments, what strategy, what weapon etc to take. :) Settled on my favourite...Ranger+10-fold+ blast arrows with Ygg backing me up and Danika & Femme spell syncing High Fulmination to beef us up even more. Was memorable! In your experienced opinion, what works best against him? I'd really like to take him down during GP at least once.

TKU for gracing my Lady Sorceress again, BTW i can "optimize" her for UR Fights, if needed - details on PM !

@Gundam_God, my friend, @Darth-Simous has been copying my act these days ;) Anyway, I'm glad my hire went through, I'll pick Robin up again very soon! She is a great pawn buddy.

And last, but certainly not the least, <drum rolls>...my friend @Darth-Simous... as above, I had Danika on my team for etching this fight in my memory and what a view it was, two lovely ladies, casting High Fulmination...with another lovely lady, Ygg spamming her helm splitter! I was torn between fighting the UR or stand there and check these ladies out ! Thanks for everything bro. As I mentioned, I absolutely insist that you do no more for Femme. I will always feel guity of taking up so much of your time. Now sit back and relax and let me run for my money and also repay you in any way I can. Hopefully we run into each other this weekend bro !

Unfortunatelly, today was - again - so far, busier than i would want to, my friend... TKU kindly for all the ^above ! I still have Femme on Team-Danika & will go barter the Online UR, as promised, to try & get that flag. Next MSG Follows !

User Info: densetsu_x

densetsu_x
3 months ago#333
As @Darth-Simous mentioned, Devil Skye does still carry the Devil's Bite. She likes that sword.

(Soon[tm])

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#334
@Shekhar79 posted...
As I mentioned, I absolutely insist that you do no more for Femme. I will always feel guity of taking up so much of your time. Now sit back and relax and let me run for my money and also repay you in any way I can. Hopefully we run into each other this weekend bro !

No worries, my friend. U better believe it that i am always glad to help friends & fellow gamers. It is exactly what keeps me glued to DD, being able to share my gaming and not to antagonise others & call it "fun", as others do in most Online games, nowadays ... In any case, don't worry about repaying & stuff. Keep enjoying DD, man, in anyway U can !

Regarding Rings of Preseverance, @AliceUnchained already did a great post, above. Just wanted to give a link to a few things @Twizted_Jedi posted, a few months back - https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/75785289?page=14 . If U have time, take a look at those, as well.

Regarding a High STR Master Ring Vs Barbed Nails, i can't give U a simple reply, because it would have been quite situational, at best. Again, details on PM i can provide, if needed.

Regarding the UR, Alice knows what she is talking about. I don't hunt him, myself, but i know many things about fighting him. First, i wanted to add that, when U repel him, U still get some online weapons, according to what damage U inflicted the last time U encountered him. Two days ago, having Femme & NJO with Danika, i first entered the Online Version & got 3 Online UR weapons, as a reward from the last time i encountered him - Angel's Fist, Totem Mace & Talarian White.

Framae with Holy Enchantment Vs Heaven's Keys, indeed Framae wins. The Clout + Vehemence + Opportunism is a killer combo - and another ample example why CAPCOM favorited STR over MAG in DD :-( Having High MAG Caster Pawns with Holy Pact make a great difference in UR Fights.

Forget about the damage 80% Cap. Yes, unfortunatelly it exists, but the only thing that matters is your TOTAL STR - or MAG - output, which shows on your stats. Also, the L.3 Headgear with the Boost - STR or MAG or BOTH - does NOT WORK VS THE UR, again unfortunatelly ...

One time, i did just that - climbed on his right knee, on the side, and kept hacking with 1000 Kisses, till the end of the round. He tried many times to slap my Arisen, but he could't reach me ! And it was the only fight i actually saw his Health Meter going down, even a bit !!! That means i was able to inflict quite good damage, in that instance ...

Speaking of which, U most likely exceeded the UR Damage CAP, unfortunatelly ... Capcom has implemented this, to prevent hacked accounts from abusing the UR Fights. But, the biggest problem is that, when Dark Arisen was introduced, the UR became stronger by the time and reached a peak at around generation 120, as DD Wikia says. But the UR was not actually adjusted for BBI Weapons or Armor. Thus, one, having prepared well, as u did the last time - with a good set of pawns with, can & will hit the damage CAP. That's why, chasing him, when he is in Grace, is the best time to score a kill on him.

Thanks again for sharing another story. If i am not mistaken, Chamber of Lament has actually "invisible barriers", which probably glitched with the UR, while U got him mid-flight, and after he fell on the edge !

Anyway, i am really glad U enjoy fighting him ATM, man ... tomorrow we will talk more again. And, Deianira wants to thank:

Arisen: Penetrator, Pawn: Femme_Fury, PSN: Shekhar79, for: an RC BOMB - 1,000,000 RCs, Five (5) Tagilus's Miracles, All 5-Stars Ratings 5 Times, plus the comment "Was an invaluable asset". Thanks again, man, i bombed Femme from Deia yesterday, as well.

Cheers to all & C U on the battlefield...

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#335
densetsu_x posted...
As @Darth-Simous mentioned, Devil Skye does still carry the Devil's Bite. She likes that sword.

(Soon[tm])

Now that i remembered, here is a pick with Deia, in her early days - different hairstyle, as well - together with my friend @densetsu_x ' s Devil Skye:

https://i.imgur.com/tw3uPx8.jpg

It was one of the most memorable moments in Deia's history ! Rotwood Depository, Deia managed to grapple a Giant Saurian Sage, and Devil Skye was about to finish him of with her Ark of Deliverance - or Obliteration, sorry Dens can't remember what she had back then !

And, nice to see U again, my friend, not a moment too "soon", if i might add ! Cheers, man ...

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
3 months ago#336
Shekhar79 posted...

@Twizted_Jedi, it's good to see you back mate. I was hoping to see you and take your advice on new build. @Darth-Simous and I have spoken about this. Gaining a little experience in this game, I would say my natural inclination is towards "up-and-close" kinda character. Hence I favour a STR build. Heck, I've been running my balanced arisen currently with two STR rings and STR weapons. But going the min-max route of 1-10 fighter, rest as Assassin would screw the defence a lot. Do you readily have a build that meets my objectives. Still not 100% sure if I want to start it, but I'd like to have it ready if and when I do. Right now, I feel as if I have a truck load to do yet....play as MA, farm Daimon, slay UR, play through campaign 7 more times to get all Dragon weapons blah blah blah... list goes on.

Ask and you shall receive brother Shekky :)

http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000280000003200000000001000005400

Here's one idea off the top of my head ^ . This would still be cranking out a ridiculous amount of strength at 900 but would avoid the glass cannon syndrome suffered by pure Assassins . Your basically trading 56 points of strength for 700ish HP ... Hmmm yes please .

I have to admit I too hate having low HP . Yes I'm totally capable of dodging and rolling to keep from getting pasted , But lemme tell you .. When you switch from a balanced Arisen with High HP to A low HP glass cannon you realize real quick how much difference that extra HP makes . When I play Dante ( My first Arisen ) It is always a rude awakening the first time I get hit " OH SH@T , I actually have to play now ! "

Anyway if you want to tweak it or , If you need me to tailor it a bit for any reason just lemme now .. It took me about 10 seconds to make that one so I'm pretty sure we can get you a build that suits your needs .
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
3 months ago#337
@Darth-Simous, bro, having properly researched, I am so well prepared for Ur that the damage cap gets reached almost every second round. Since following @AliceUnchained 's advice, this is my sorry state :-( I am decent in climbing and get around the camera angles somehow so it's all cool with me. Since the first UR fight, I've switched out gear and stuff too. I no longer have sinew (swap it either for Stability or the augment that makes your arrows travel further - to Might Bend with blast arrow in case UR decides to roost). I am wearing GForged Gold belt (+31 STR), Assault Boots (+STR). I have the 'extended boost duration' gloves on as I'm usually hacking at one heart. Will swap out to Gloves of Might if I hit the GP. I've removed Ice affinity from Femme's arsenal so she only buffs me with Holy. I took @AliceUnchained 's advice and un-equipped @Twizted_Jedi's Aria so she climbs often and does some serious damage too. Noticed that once a strider pawn has climbed and started hacking at the heart, unless they're swatted off, they will keep doing the 100 kisses till the very end. In one of the damage cap exceeded rounds, this is exactly what happened. Both Aria and I were hacking the heart at shin and thigh respectively for almost 60% of the battle and UR couldn't dislodge us. This damage cap is too low with BBI gear and well planned pawns in party. I now need to think of not doing anything for 1 minute to avoid round not counting. I don't want to repeat the 8 odd minute hacking again just for it to count.

Some interesting observations you made

1) I wasn't aware that the L3 headgear with STR boost on being noticed by enemies doesn't work on UR...hmmm, in that case, I'll swap it out for Barbarian Chief's Helm (+STR).

2) On a caster pawn like Femme or Danika what is better - Holy Pact ring Vs Master ring with MAG ? I would assume they are counterbalancing in nature and either is preferable, but would like to know from your experience.

I have switched my party for next few days of UR slaying - have Danika and Yggdrasille. My apologies to all in advance that I will not be able to return your hires or generate RCs for you till my UR bloodlust is satiated :-D
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
3 months ago#338
Twizted_Jedi posted...
Ask and you shall receive brother Shekky :) http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#af000000280000003200000000001000005400Here's one idea off the top of my head ^ . This would still be cranking out a ridiculous amount of strength at 900 but would avoid the glass cannon syndrome suffered by pure Assassins . Your basically trading 56 points of strength for 700ish HP ... Hmmm yes please .

Damn! I wish I had this build on my Arisen right now! I currently have 3694 HP, and similar stamina to the above build but Attack is at 602... Where were you when I was starting out man?!! :-D Thanks a lot brother! This looks more than perfect to me. And for pawn, do you think a Max MAG pawn would work well with this build? I'm aware that pawns take 'normal' damage even in Hard Mode as the Hard Mode only affects the Arisen. If that is indeed correct, with L3 armour, the pawn will be safe, I would imagine. Or maybe have a bad-ass strider pawn and hire Femme / Anastasia / Danika for the buffing duties? choices, choices and choices... Crap!...even gaming life is so complicated like real life!
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#339
Shekhar79 posted...
@Darth-Simous, bro, having properly researched, I am so well prepared for Ur that the damage cap gets reached almost every second round. Since following @AliceUnchained 's advice, this is my sorry state :-( I am decent in climbing and get around the camera angles somehow so it's all cool with me. Since the first UR fight, I've switched out gear and stuff too. I no longer have sinew (swap it either for Stability or the augment that makes your arrows travel further - to Might Bend with blast arrow in case UR decides to roost). I am wearing GForged Gold belt (+31 STR), Assault Boots (+STR). I have the 'extended boost duration' gloves on as I'm usually hacking at one heart. Will swap out to Gloves of Might if I hit the GP. I've removed Ice affinity from Femme's arsenal so she only buffs me with Holy. I took @AliceUnchained 's advice and un-equipped @Twizted_Jedi's Aria so she climbs often and does some serious damage too. Noticed that once a strider pawn has climbed and started hacking at the heart, unless they're swatted off, they will keep doing the 100 kisses till the very end. In one of the damage cap exceeded rounds, this is exactly what happened. Both Aria and I were hacking the heart at shin and thigh respectively for almost 60% of the battle and UR couldn't dislodge us. This damage cap is too low with BBI gear and well planned pawns in party. I now need to think of not doing anything for 1 minute to avoid round not counting. I don't want to repeat the 8 odd minute hacking again just for it to count.

Camera on the UR is actually half-decent, because he is like a freakin' dinosaur, and easy to navigate onto, while climbing on ! Stability is essential on the UR, but on your Arisen, better have L.3 Boots equipped with the Stability attribute "Prevents mighty winds e.t.c.". U have good gear equipped. Good Strider Pawns know to find the UR hearts, unlike Dire Dragonkin, because CAPCOM didn't implemented that properly. Same goes for the DAM.CAP.

Some interesting observations you made.

1) I wasn't aware that the L3 headgear with STR boost on being noticed by enemies doesn't work on UR...hmmm, in that case, I'll swap it out for Barbarian Chief's Helm (+STR).

Yes. Unfortunatelly, L.3 Headgear - all Vocation Colors & Tiers - doesn't work on the UR. Also, L.3 Headgear with the Boost Attribute indeed boosts BOTH STR & MAG, so the hideous L.3 Sinner's & Hellfire helmets work wonders for Mystic Knights, and - as a reminder to many who use them on their pawns - L.3 Headgear with the Boost Attribute does NOT WORK in our beloved Pawns NOWHERE, either being bugged or deliberatelly nerfed by CAPCOM :-(

2) On a caster pawn like Femme or Danika what is better - Holy Pact ring Vs Master ring with MAG ? I would assume they are counterbalancing in nature and either is preferable, but would like to know from your experience.

Short answer: Holy Pact Ring on Femme & High MAG Master Ring on Danika. But don't quote me yet, because i haven't tested Holy Pact on Danika, during UR Fights, because i prefer the higher total MAG output. There have been many tests in the past, and generally speaking, the higher the Magic Output, the stronger the buff is. But, it also depends on the enchantment type. Take a look at: http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Pact , as well as Karathrax's comments, below. If U want my advice on this, try using the Holy Pact Ring, plus one MAG Master Ring on Femme, then ditch the Holy Pact Ring for a 2nd MAG Master Ring. The important thing is your Arisen to be kept buffed the longest possible, so he can climb & keep stabbing, if U take that approach.

I have switched my party for next few days of UR slaying - have Danika and Yggdrasille. My apologies to all in advance that I will not be able to return your hires or generate RCs for you till my UR bloodlust is satiated :-D

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
3 months ago#340
@densetsu_x good to see ya poppin in buddy , Hope ur feeling better .

Shekhar79 posted...
Damn! I wish I had this build on my Arisen right now! I currently have 3694 HP, and similar stamina to the above build but Attack is at 602... Where were you when I was starting out man?!! :-D Thanks a lot brother! This looks more than perfect to me. And for pawn, do you think a Max MAG pawn would work well with this build? I'm aware that pawns take 'normal' damage even in Hard Mode as the Hard Mode only affects the Arisen. If that is indeed correct, with L3 armour, the pawn will be safe, I would imagine. Or maybe have a bad-ass strider pawn and hire Femme / Anastasia / Danika for the buffing duties? choices, choices and choices... Crap!...even gaming life is so complicated like real life!

Glad that's what your looking for buddy . As for the Pawn you can pretty much do whatever you like . As you said level 3 Armor pretty much takes care of durabilty if you do a max mag pawn . I personally just prefer a higher Stam / Def build like an 800 mag build or a 750 mag build like the one Alice posted . I like high stamina in casters especially before post game when you don't have access to mush pots . Casters with higher Stam always seem to hold Fulmination longer to me .

Honestly it's possible that Alice and I both just have an unhealthy obsession with Stat planners and have to be different ! XD .

Also I would highly recommend hiring Alice's pawn Lofn for UR fighting . She cranks out 760ish str if I remember correctly and she's really better set up for climbing than Aria. A huge thanks for taking my psycho redhead on so many of your adventures ... I really appreciate you keeping her bloodlust satisfied.
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived