Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

User Info: Twizted_Jedi

Twizted_Jedi
3 months ago#321
AliceUnchained posted...
Ha, my internet has been screwy, as soon as I picked up your Athena to help me dragonforge something for my future new acct. I got logged right out. Ugh! It seems stable now so I'm going to try to get my new pawn ready. :)

Thanks! :D Thank you for the input about the build too. I thought about going for 800 mag. like Sif, but my new pawn might moonlight as a mage and I like them a bit more sturdy.

I'm almost certain it's the turn in Pike scenario she needs to see. I kinda half-assed quests this time since she had almost full knowledge. :P Early thanks for the knowledge, I wasn't ready to go NG+ with her yet.

Lol , My connection cut out on me a couple times today as well , But at least its on . As far as the build I agree 100% , And honestly the difference between 800 mag n 750 mag is really not noticeable anyway . Cant wait to see the new kid .

Next time I play I'll clean that quest up for you . There's a slim chance I can play tomorrow .

Gotta run for today guys , Have fun storming the castle !
Twizted_Jedi Rayne 36 Mage / Twizted_Jedi2 Jade / Twizted_Jedi3 Anastasia / DRUNKEN-VIKING13 Nova / THUNDERGOD_72 Aria / N7-Warden Athena. Info on OPSC site .

User Info: Shekhar79

Shekhar79
3 months ago#322
So I wake up this morning as see the thread has moved from page #31 to #33. As one of the NPCs at GS noble quarters (upon being gifted to raise affinity) says, "Oh Joy, my thanks Ser!" Indeed good to see activity and action on the board.

@Twizted_Jedi, it's good to see you back mate. I was hoping to see you and take your advice on new build. @Darth-Simous and I have spoken about this. Gaining a little experience in this game, I would say my natural inclination is towards "up-and-close" kinda character. Hence I favour a STR build. Heck, I've been running my balanced arisen currently with two STR rings and STR weapons. But going the min-max route of 1-10 fighter, rest as Assassin would screw the defence a lot. Do you readily have a build that meets my objectives. Still not 100% sure if I want to start it, but I'd like to have it ready if and when I do. Right now, I feel as if I have a truck load to do yet....play as MA, farm Daimon, slay UR, play through campaign 7 more times to get all Dragon weapons blah blah blah... list goes on.

@AliceUnchained, thanks for holding onto UR stuff for me. Much appreciated. I attempted online UR thrice yesterday and I'm hooked for the time being. Screws all my other plans now, lol...if it means anything to you, I had Yggdrasile and @Darth-Simous ' Danika with me in my maiden venture. For me the maiden take downs are very important and I like to have pawns of my good friends. Heck, I even dilly-dallied fussing at GS inn for a good 2 hours thinking which augments, what strategy, what weapon etc to take. :) Settled on my favourite...Ranger+10-fold+ blast arrows with Ygg backing me up and Danika & Femme spell syncing High Fulmination to beef us up even more. Was memorable! In your experienced opinion, what works best against him? I'd really like to take him down during GP at least once.

@Gundam_God, my friend, @Darth-Simous has been copying my act these days ;) Anyway, I'm glad my hire went through, I'll pick Robin up again very soon! She is a great pawn buddy.

And last, but certainly not the least, <drum rolls>...my friend @Darth-Simous... as above, I had Danika on my team for etching this fight in my memory and what a view it was, two lovely ladies, casting High Fulmination...with another lovely lady, Ygg spamming her helm splitter! I was torn between fighting the UR or stand there and check these ladies out ! Thanks for everything bro. As I mentioned, I absolutely insist that you do no more for Femme. I will always feel guity of taking up so much of your time. Now sit back and relax and let me run for my money and also repay you in any way I can. Hopefully we run into each other this weekend bro!
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)

Shekhar79
3 months ago#323
AliceUnchained posted...
@Darth-Simous , yes, barbed nails are amazing. I even use them as a sorcerer. Barbed Nails + emphasis really gives your spells and focused bolts some oomph. I wear a barbed nail and a holy pact ring as my accessories on my current acct. as a sorc. Arisen.I'm going to try to get my new pawn ready today, let's see how much time I have. I'll likely do the old "low level hell run" for a few rings of perseverance. I think she's be a sorc. or mage, thinking about using this build:

@AliceUnchained, I keep forgetting to ask this question...which is better? Barbed nails or a Master Ring (STR 91, Knockdown 37)?

Also, a noob question, but how does one get a ring of perseverance early on?
PSN: Shekhar79 | Arisen name : Penetrator | Pawn : Femme_Fury (Lv 200, experimenting vocations currently)

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
3 months ago#324
Shekhar79 posted...

@AliceUnchained, thanks for holding onto UR stuff for me. Much appreciated. I attempted online UR thrice yesterday and I'm hooked for the time being. Screws all my other plans now, lol...if it means anything to you, I had Yggdrasile and Darth-Simous ' Danika with me in my maiden venture. For me the maiden take downs are very important and I like to have pawns of my good friends. Heck, I even dilly-dallied fussing at GS inn for a good 2 hours thinking which augments, what strategy, what weapon etc to take. :) Settled on my favourite...Ranger+10-fold+ blast arrows with Ygg backing me up and Danika & Femme spell syncing High Fulmination to beef us up even more. Was memorable! In your experienced opinion, what works best against him? I'd really like to take him down during GP at least once.

I got hooked on Ur hunting right away too. :) It was easier back when I hunted actively because we had several people hunting and posting health updates. Thanks for taking Ygg! If you want her to climb Ur I recommend taking away her bow. If Ur doesn't have wing or tail hearts active I always take the strider pawns' bows away to encourage climbing.

My favorite way to fight Ur is as a strider. They are the fastest climbers, and I wear gloves of might and use both adhesion and opportunism augments. Use Framaes, I know Ur is weak to holy but Framae Blades + holy enchant are way more effective than Heaven's Keys. I like to use 2 strider pawns and 1 sorcerer w/holy, high fulmination, and bolide (high or reg.). I bring about 32 salo sec. and 32 tag. mir., load my pawns with mushroom potages so they replenish everyone's stamina. I bring a few liquid Vim for myself. I always bring a Maker's Finger to take out an especially pesky heart, and maybe pack a few blast arrows if there are a lot of hearts active. I can offer other advice too, I've hunted as a ranger, assassin, and sorcerer as well.

Shekhar79 posted...

@AliceUnchained, I keep forgetting to ask this question...which is better? Barbed nails or a Master Ring (STR 91, Knockdown 37)?

Also, a noob question, but how does one get a ring of perseverance early on?

If the main thing you want is knockdown/stagger go with the barbed nails(100 Stagger/100 Knockdown), if you need that extra strength go with the master ring. I'd probably use the barbed nails for easily staggered beasts, for Ur hunting I'd wear the ring.

I make my pawn, go to BBI, and rush for the void key then go after the very first moonbeam gem in the Warrior's Respite. It can be tricky, that gargoyle loves to knock you off when you're near the void key. XD There should be videos on youtube, let me see. . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYIaFI14CU
The ring is in chest 1:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/869616926012819439/3E0921650379CF0894A5E128E4370F8E51B90940/
I haven't watched this particular vid myself but by the comments it seems like a good one.
I got 4 RoP (2 for each of us) when I started Njorun's acct. by doing hard mode resets. Njorun learned Sinew right around level 10 thanks to those rings. :)
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/7/8/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.

Shekhar79
3 months ago#325
This Ur guy is mighty addictive and a bane for my right index finger (from all that 100 kisses spamming)! Some great advice and I thank you for taking out the time to respond. Since yesterday, I've swapped to climbing ranger currently (and will change to strider now post your advice)...I used Heaven's Key for today's run and thank God for your post, I'll go back to Framae right away! Sporting Clout, Vehemence, Stability, Bloodlust, Adhesion & Opportunism. Sucks the boost from augments caps out at 80%. That's why I had swapped out Vehemence for Acquity coupled with Heaven's Keys. I had two sorcerors today - @Twizted_Jedi's Anastasia and his Strider - Aria.

Since this new UR gen is at 90% health and many hearts are yet unexposed, is it ok if I just camp myself at one of his hind leg hearts and hack away till he flies off? Or must I damage multiple hearts during one round?

One last question (I'm sorry for question spamming you) - let's say I'm unable to kill him during GP, but given I've contributed to global damage and eligible for some random rewards at least, how do I claim those rewards? Wiki says, to enter the Chamber of Lament once he's dead and a cutscene will play and you must collect your rewards. But doesn't the new gen UR spawn then? How do I collect my reward then?

Sorry again for spamming, but I'm quite excited right now with this UR fellow!! :)

User Info: AliceUnchained

AliceUnchained
3 months ago#326
I'm glad I was able to help, you're welcome. Yes, I experimented with both Framaes and HK, and I found the Framaes much more effective. Just make sure you have a pawn that can enchant. I prefer sorcerer because Fulmination really helps when climbing and Bolide does respectable damage. Mages aren't nearly as helpful in the Ur fight.

Yes, you can definitely do that, any damage counts and doesn't have to be spread over several hearts. If I thought I'd likely miss grace and wanted the random rewards I'd grab a Maker's Finger, take out a heart, and ferrystone out. I always got decent rewards that way.

Your rewards will be in the room you first enter in the Chamber of Lament if you enter through the riftstone in Cassardis, the room with the stone slab with the leaderboard on it. (Even though a new Ur has spawned you don't have to fight him, just go in and pick up your rewards.) Now if you're entering the Chamber of Lament by dropping in the Everfall you might have to go to the other side, I'm not sure. I never bothered Ur hunting until I was in NG+ so I could enter the riftstone on Cassardis beach.

Don't apologize, I'm happy to help. I'm no expert but I have a lot of experience. :)
Slo-Mo Strider - Yggdrasille - AliceUnchained9 / Lvl ~120 Ranger - Njorun - AliceUnchained5
yunabug18 and AliceUnchained4/7/8/0 are my inactive DD:DA accts.

Shekhar79
3 months ago#327
You are absolutely correct! Framae + holy enchantment from Femme is doing good damage (better than Heaven's Key, that is).

Thanks for responding to my questions. Yesterday when I used 900 blast arrows + maker's finger (landed correctly on a heart), I didn't see the "accessing server" message when UR flew away. So I'm guessing that damage didn't count and I lost my maker's finger too.

Guys, you will not believe what just happened... So I'm hacking away to glory and UR decides to fly away to roost. I run across to the other end of arena (directly opposite his roost ledge). This prompts UR to circle and fly in for a diving fire-breath attack and to land. He didn't land post his fire breath attack. Then he circled for another dive. This time I nooked a Mighty Bend and shot him in the face as he was nose diving. Ur fell from the skies but at the edge of the battlefield. Only his head and part of neck were on the battlefield. I tried to grab his neck but he dropped off :-o Since then me and my pawns are chilling at the edge. My pawns are in battle stance and the battle music is playing and pawns as saying stuff like, "A moment's distraction can prove fatal" or "Rrgh! Are we even hurting it". But there is no UR. My pawns are teetering on the edge of the arena! What just happened here? UR forgot to fly? :)

Edit: I searched and found one more person this has happened to! To anyone that's interested...happened to another Gfaqs member @Walkingcodex at XB1 (https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/210446-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/75988190)

User Info: Darth-Simous

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#328
Twizted_Jedi posted...
@Darth-Simous .. Hello my brother , " Return of the Twizted Jedi :) " ... Impressive ... Most Impressive ;)

And yes , I will send you my response to ur PMs either late tonight or tomorrow . Sorry it took so long but between my lack of Internet service and just being really busy its kinda the best I can do .

Gotta keep this short cuz i only have until about 1:30 or 2:00 before I have to go but I have a really important question for @AliceUnchained . I have a few of your girls still camping on a few of my accts . Skaddi is one of them , I'm worried about a possible accidental reincarnation if I release her or any of your girls so I need to get your go ahead before i do that . I don't know diddly about reincarnation but I seem to remember that if someone had an old version of a new pawn this could happen .

@Shekhar79 , Thanks for the kind words buddy , I wont really be playing much but I'll post when I have time . But Dude !! How bad ass will it be to start a brand new pawn with Darth and Alice !!! I'm legit envious of you right now bro :) Looking forward to running Femme today .

Anyway guys see ya in the rift ... Briefly anyway :)

@Twizted_Jedi , my crazy brother from the Light Side of the Force, known as Ashla - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_side_of_the_Force - hehe !

It was damn good to see U yesterday on the PS3, man ! And, i am really thankful for our yesterday's crazy chat, as well ! Just like good old times !!!

I went through some of the picks U had sent - from the ones i haven't yet uploaded - and already sorted them out, ready to be uploaded on imgur ! As i told @Shekhar79 , i will go through some of the picks i promised, from Femme & Jehhna's Knights' Training - the Sith way ... XD - and upload them on my Albums soon !

And, take your time, bro, i am not going anywhere, lol ! Eagerly await your reply to my PM ...

Glad U & Alice sorted out the thing with having "older version" pawns on your team, before releasing them !

Talk soon again, brother, take care & don't be a stranger, as they say ... XD ! Cheers
Danika (Darth-Simous), Deianira (Darth-Secundus), http://imgur.com/a/5Z0cq
Twizted Jedi: http://imgur.com/a/c44lw, Various: http://imgur.com/a/6hmqY

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#329
AliceUnchained posted...
@Twizted_Jedi posted...

Gotta keep this short cuz i only have until about 1:30 or 2:00 before I have to go but I have a really important question for @AliceUnchained . I have a few of your girls still camping on a few of my accts . Skaddi is one of them , I'm worried about a possible accidental reincarnation if I release her or any of your girls so I need to get your go ahead before i do that . I don't know diddly about reincarnation but I seem to remember that if someone had an old version of a new pawn this could happen .

My reply will be short too, but I should have some time later. It's fine, Skadi has been reincarnated but releasing the old version of her won't hurt anything. That's actually the way you can transfer knowledge when starting a new pawn, hold the old one then release when the new one has been "uploaded". Hope to see you all in the rift later today ! :D Oh yeah, Sol has been reincarnated too, and it won't hurt anything to release her either, no worries. ;)

Thanks for the compliments and kind words @Darth-Simous and @Shekhar79 ! I'll have a longer message when I get some time.

Amazing info, @AliceUnchained , many thanks for sharing it ! I am gonna miss Sol, TBT :-(

After making Deia, i have started developing quite a soft spot for female Fighters :-)

Let's see how NJ turns out, when she reaches L.200 !

U R welcome, Alice ... more replies to your other posts comming up ! Cheers

Darth-Simous
3 months ago#330
AliceUnchained posted...
Okay, I have some free time so on to a proper reply.

@Shekhar79 posted...
@AliceUnchained, seems @Darth-Simous and I are trying to one-up each other while spoiling your pawns ! ...

Ha, you both have been spoiling them rotten, @Twizted_Jedi always spoils my girls too. :D I will gladly hold on to some Ur goodies for you. I have at least a couple of each Ur weapon as well. I love the Dwells-in-Light, it's so pretty. - http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dwells-In-Light - It's my 2nd fave longsword (Dragon's Bite is my fave.)

My pleasure, they deserve to be spoiled, Alice, and then some ...XD . Also, amazing looking swords, both of them ! @densetsu_x ' Devil Skye carries the Dragon's Bite, if i am not mistaken ...

@Darth-Simous , yes, barbed nails are amazing. I even use them as a sorcerer. Barbed Nails + emphasis really gives your spells and focused bolts some omph. I wear a barbed nail and a holy pact ring as my accessories on my current acct. as a sorc. Arisen.

Nice setup for your Sorc.Arisen ! I wish Emphasis was working on Magic Archer skills as well, but unfortunatelly it doesn't :-( I actually made many tests the past month or so with Alcmene, while farming Death, and i can share the results, if anybody interested, regarding what works best on him.

I'm going to try to get my new pawn ready today, let's see how much time I have. I'll likely do the old "low level hell run" for a few rings of perseverance. I think she's be a sorc. or mage, thinking about using this build: http://stackoverflow.github.io/dragons-dogma-stat-planner/#am0a2b00000025000000000000000064000000 - 750 mag., decent defense and solid stamina. I may go pure strength (Arisen) on this account, but I do like magick. I can't make up my mind. :P

As @Twizted_Jedi already mentioned, it is a great build ! You new unchained gal will wreck havoc, together with Dan, at the end of her leveling !

@Twizted_Jedi posted...
OK ! That explains it , I'm picking up NJ n Ygg right now .. They're adorable BTW ! Good work :)

*blushes* Aw, thank you! :) I hope my ladies serve you well.

I checked in with Sif, and she and I thank:
OPSC member(s) ...
- @Darth-Simous (pawn Danika) for 756,961 RC, Bitterblack Armor Lv.3, Bitterblack Gear Lv.3, Bitterblack Novelty Lv.3, Bitterblack Weapon Lv.3, Cursed Dragon Scale, Cursed Dragon Horn, Netherstone, Greatwyrm Stone, 5/5/5 ratings and I stand impressed, ser!
- @Twizted_Jedi | DRUNKEN-VIKING 13 (pawn Nova) for 174,202 RC, Blessed Flower, 5/5/5 ratings and Employed skills masterfully.
Sif and I say "Danke". :D

I actually gave Danika briefly her High Seism, to be able to sync better with Sif, but my gal doesn't seem to like it, neither High Miasma... On the other hand, Sif fired both skills many times, with some excellent results on the CD ... I gotta Team-up these two more, i think ! Cheers, Alice.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Official Pawn Sharing Club #159

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived