You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
In celebration of April 1st & Dragon's Dogma's fantastic gamefaq community, March 25th to April 3rd is now known as "Motley Crew Week." During this time we ask that all gamefaq members that are, or have, played Dragon Dogma(or non-members alike!) dress their pawns in Jesters Motley's during this time. Like it or not this game has been out for a very long time & the boards are slowing down.(It's amazing that it has stayed this busy for so long!!) So lets all have this last big hurrah & paint Gran Soren red!! This is without a doubt one of the best gaming communities there has ever been, or ever will be. So we hope you'll join in & have a laugh with the rest of us. There are no rules & wearing a motley is certainly enough but here are some guidelines most of us will be following. (Thanks to the_requiem for this!!)
Motley Crew Week will last from 25th March to 3rd of April [PST 23:59 hours] with festivities peaking on 1st of April. During Motley Crew Week all the participants will be following these guidelines:
1. All their pawns [including alts] should be wearing Jester Set. Anyone who still doesn't have access to one should post a request and one will be provided [DFed with Idol-of-all-Mother to GF it]. This should be done for entirety of the week.
2. All the arisens will be renamed to GFaqs0401. This is to let others in rift know when and where to find us.
3. All pawns should be renamed to reflect the theme. Props for creative way to incorporate Feste, Fools, Motley etc. If you're not too comfortable renaming your pawn for entire week, just make sure it is done on 1st of April, at the very least.
4. During the MCW, the participants will only trade/rent/hire with those who are wearing Jester set. If you're from GFaqs and want a member of MCW to give you anything, make sure you're wearing Jester set.
5. MCW participants will actively give Jester Sets to non GFaqs pawns in the rift.
6. If you'll be joining in the festivities, let us know in this thread. Or better, include in your sig and comments of your pawn in OPSC [if member].
Jest playing in the grass!! http://i.imgur.com/B7T8bCT.jpg
I'm in but I was curious as to why we need to do name changes on our pawns. I would think that would make it harder to know who's pawn we're running this week.
The idea is that so people that don't frequent gamefaq would know something is going on, & where. I already have had a couple of my non-gamefaq friends ask me what's happening. But don't feel obligated to change your name, if you only want to wear the motley that's just fine. It's about having fun & celebrating our community, not about rules.
Oh-ho! Glad to see this is still going to be a thing. I'll be dressing for the occasion early to make sure I don't forget, as Dark Souls II continues to ravage my brain. And I'll inevitably forget once it's over, leaving my Pawn dressed in an uncomfortably jolly manner for all eternity.
I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas, now I'm wanted for poaching. PSN: hellwolf84 - XBL: Hellwolf8400