• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. Health gaining issues...

User Info: SolstaceWinters

SolstaceWinters
4 years ago#1
I have a question about gathering health. The Wing Diver is so frail, but the amount of health I've been getting is not proportional to what I'm earning. For example, I'm in Inferno Mission 11 (gathering weapons) with 294 health. I gathered 10 health just now, so logically, I should have 304 health right? NOPE! For some reason, I have 296 health... WHY IS THAT?!?!?! Is the health a 5:1 ratio or something? Getting my health up is painfully hard, I don't have the DLC and nowhere near the cash to get it.. so what is up with the health? Is it purposefully not 1:1 tradeoff (Like the first game)?
I'm like Kefka from FF6.... only on the good guys' side.... but still Kefka. |:/
NNID: Solstace; Friend Safari (Y): [Steel] - Mawile, Klang, and Bronzong!

User Info: Krobelus

Krobelus
4 years ago#2
i think wing diver is 4:1, fencer is 1:1 and the others are 2:1

could be wrong but its something like that
The only equal to myself, is myself

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
4 years ago#3
It's a class advantage. The exact rates are as follows, or so we believe.

Ranger -.0.47
Wing Diver - 0.23
Air Raider - 0.46
Fencer - 0.58

In other words, you're gaining 0.47 armor per crate as a Ranger, so three of them would equal 1 unit of armor. It's more like 2.9:1 for the Ranger and Air Raider, 4.4:1 for the Wing Diver, and 1.8:1 for the Fencer. Easier just to round them out to 3:1, 5:1 and 2:1.

User Info: SolstaceWinters

SolstaceWinters
4 years ago#4
I see! Thanks so much guys! This really helps. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why I wasn't gaining as much health as it appeared I was. I guess I gotta head to Mission 16 and grind til I puke or something. Are there easier missions for grinding in? Especially the Lancer, he's impractically slow, almost to the point of being useless to play. I don't have DLC but I got a sister who can help me double gather.
I'm like Kefka from FF6.... only on the good guys' side.... but still Kefka. |:/
NNID: Solstace; Friend Safari (Y): [Steel] - Mawile, Klang, and Bronzong!

RycerX
4 years ago#5
My favorite mission for farming armor is Crimson Lotus (DLC3, Mission 19). Toward the end of the mission, a silver spider dropship will appear and you can farm them to your heart's content. They drop double, sometimes triple the crates. And yes, if you have two of the same class playing as a guest in local co-op, you'll gain double the armor, which is especially helpful for the Wing Diver.

If you plan to really dig into this game and see it through to the end, sooner or later you're going to want to start farming Golden Darkness (DLC2, Mission 16) for high level weapons. In the process of doing that, you'll gain a ton of armor along the way seeing as most of the mission's enemies are silver spiders, so you kill two birds with one stone.

Without the DLC, I'd stick to Takedown (Mission 13).

Another thing: armor acquisition rates are the same across all difficulties, so always farm on easy mode.

Now I'll tell you something about the Fencer that will change the way you look at that class forever. Equip yourself with a shield + melee weapon, preferably one of the Ion Mirror Shields for their fast deflection. Dash with your right bumper (I actually prefer to assign it to the Y button for easier mashing), then immediately after, cancel the dash animation with a shield deflection. That's your left bumper if you have the shield equipped on your left arm. Then dash again right after. Rinse, repeat. This makes you about three times faster than you used to be. You'll get a feel for the rhythm between dash cancels in no time, and before long it'll be second nature. If you ask me, it almost feels like it was meant to be in the game.

That's just to start with, while you're still using lower level weapons. Once you unlock the Javelin Catapult, that's when the Fencer's mobility outstrips even the Wing Diver, if you can believe that. The catapult is a weapon, not a shield, you'll find it under artillery. Equip it with a melee weapon as you would a shield and hold down the corresponding trigger, just keep it held down and firing javelins. Then mash the dash button and watch your Fencer take off like a bat out of hell. Like I said, he's even faster than the Wing Diver and can maintain his mobility much longer while she'll need to stop and recharge.

A Fencer that knows what he's doing is virtually invincible in this game, you'll learn more about that as you play with the dash cancelling and CC Strikers that nullify damage like the Vulcan Hammers and Vibro Rollers. Use them in tandem and you can smash through whole armies on Inferno by yourself without even going below 50% health.

User Info: unnamedFer

unnamedFer
4 years ago#6
Most likely turns into the second fastet class, IMO the fastet because doesnt use energy like the wing diver and you can strafe very erratically to avoid some attacks.

Im thinking its because CC strikers that the fencer gets the most health out of every class.

Anyway, yeah the fencer is all about frame cancelling for better movement and attack (sometimes)

RycerX
4 years ago#7
I've never had a Wing Diver outrun me with the catapult. Not unless I had to go around a building or something. I really recommend assigning the dash command to one of the face buttons though, I find it much more responsive and better synchronized. I feel like the bumpers get worn out much easier and aren't as sensitive.

User Info: unnamedFer

unnamedFer
4 years ago#8
definitely, I have mine set to B

User Info: Krobelus

Krobelus
4 years ago#9
Ranger -.0.47
Wing Diver - 0.23
Air Raider - 0.46
Fencer - 0.58

huh, thought the fencer was higher, the rest were pretty well where i pegged them though
The only equal to myself, is myself
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. Health gaining issues...
  • Topic Archived