• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. I can't get the weapons I want.

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
4 years ago#11
You have to accrue 25 karma in order to edit posts. That'll take you 22 more days. Anyway yeah, once you have the drone dropship and Argo down, you can farm Hectors all day long. Make sure to pick up the crates every so often though, because there is a limit as to how many are allowed to spawn on the map at a time.

User Info: N7_Banshee_Bait

N7_Banshee_Bait
4 years ago#12
On my first try I got the Bazelart Vulture F.

"Not what I was after, but it'll do!"

User Info: Bert_HM

Bert_HM
4 years ago#13
Alternatively, you can play online split screen on a mission which is easy as wing diver (e.g death queen or dlc2-16), and just pick up all the boxes with a wing diver, they will count for both classes, and with 2P the enemies only have about 1.5x health (forget exact amount), so it's still easy with a WD, and will save time.

Oh and the Vulture F is actually pretty awesome, because it has Laser cannons which have a huge range compared to the smaller range of the machine guns on the last Bazelart.

User Info: unnamedFer

unnamedFer
4 years ago#14
why online? cant it just be done offline?

N7_Banshee_Bait
4 years ago#15
Ok, that strategy worked perfectly. Got my Bazelart Powered.

Now, what's a good strategy for the Ranger? I have the AF20. I'd like to get some of the better assault rifles.

User Info: unnamedFer

unnamedFer
4 years ago#16
Battle to the death is a good stage for the ranger too if you have the air raider with the specified equipment and go splitscreen.

Otherwise

Once you get a decent lyzander, equip 2 of the same and do stage 77 (fallen flagship) on hardest. Dont try it on inferno untill you have a Lyzander F or play splitscreen with a class with very strong sniping weapons.

Alot of people keep mentioning the stage "death queen" but imo is a risky stage that takes too ling for what you can get.
Fallen flagship is much easier and gets you the same amount of drops if you do it right (destroy all of the deroy's leg segments, be it alone or splitcreen but with homing weapons)

User Info: Bert_HM

Bert_HM
4 years ago#17
unnamedFer posted...
why online? cant it just be done offline?

You can do it offline but then you have to go and pick up all the weapons with the Air Raider which takes ages, when you play online, if someone picks up a weapon crate it will give a weapon to all players in the lobby, but offline only to the one who picks it up.

N7_Banshee_Bait posted...
Ok, that strategy worked perfectly. Got my Bazelart Powered.

Now, what's a good strategy for the Ranger? I have the AF20. I'd like to get some of the better assault rifles.

As ranger, your best bet is to tag along/splitscreen with a wing diver to be honest, she can farm far more effectively than he can, there's some missions you can farm with ranger but it's more difficult and takes too long to be worth it IMO

IIRC the ranger's highest weapon level is 90 with the lysander z, so you don't have to do fallen flagship or another mission for the level 92 or 95 weapons of the WD and AR.
(AF100, the best Assault rifle, is only level 75!)

N7_Banshee_Bait
4 years ago#18
The AF99ST rocks! I like it a lot better than the Lysander F. I take the Lysander as backup but mainly use the AF99ST. Just run right in with the AF99ST & kill everything before it can shoot at you. Inferno feels like hard. The Lysander shoots way too slow. If you can land all 20 shots with the AF99ST that's 16000 damage. The only things that take a little time to destroy are the Deroys.

User Info: RycerX

RycerX
4 years ago#19
The trick to the Lysanders is dual wielding and swapping rifles between shots to bypass the cooldown. That way you can fire one right after the other. It only sucks having to reload them both consecutively. Still though, you can get those 14 shots out really quick with the Lysander F, which will dish out over 50k damage pretty fast.

N7_Banshee_Bait
4 years ago#20
RycerX posted...
The trick to the Lysanders is dual wielding and swapping rifles between shots to bypass the cooldown. That way you can fire one right after the other. It only sucks having to reload them both consecutively. Still though, you can get those 14 shots out really quick with the Lysander F, which will dish out over 50k damage pretty fast.

Ok, got it! I was wondering what the point of duel Lysanders was.
  1. Boards
  2. Earth Defense Force 2025
  3. I can't get the weapons I want.
  • Topic Archived