• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  3. Can water types still walk on water like in previous mystery dungeon games?

User Info: Lovelife090994

Lovelife090994
6 years ago#1
Can water types still walk on water like in previous mystery dungeon games? Just wondering...
Life is a gift, but it is short and judgement follows. Live each day true, and cherish each moment, for as we have been given life, we should all enjoy it.

User Info: Gameandwatch2

Gameandwatch2
6 years ago#2
Yes.

The only movement gimmick that wasn't preserved is the ability for ghost types to go through walls (Which simply isn't possible at all in this game).

I still think it's kind of dumb that many Pokemon that obviously are capable of flight are unable to cross all terrain due to the fact that they're simply choosing to not fly when they move around.
Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

Lovelife090994
6 years ago#3
Gameandwatch2 posted...
Yes.

The only movement gimmick that wasn't preserved is the ability for ghost types to go through walls (Which simply isn't possible at all in this game).

I still think it's kind of dumb that many Pokemon that obviously are capable of flight are unable to cross all terrain due to the fact that they're simply choosing to not fly when they move around.

But in the first dungeon, I'm an Oshawott yet I didn't get in the water when I walked up to it... Or does that not count?
Life is a gift, but it is short and judgement follows. Live each day true, and cherish each moment, for as we have been given life, we should all enjoy it.

Gameandwatch2
6 years ago#4
I know that Samurott can move through water, so I don't see why Oshawott wouldn't be able to, unless it's a privilege they decided to reserve for evolved Pokemon.

Lovelife090994
6 years ago#5
Gameandwatch2 posted...
I know that Samurott can move through water, so I don't see why Oshawott wouldn't be able to, unless it's a privilege they decided to reserve for evolved Pokemon.

I hope not... I like Oshawott, it's varied by its moves, dependable, water (my favorite type), useful, and cute. But yes if the swimming is up to higher pokemon by evolution, talk about a wait!

User Info: Draikonack

Draikonack
6 years ago#6
You can still walk on water as Oshawott, just not in the first few dungeons. The water-walking only appears in later dungeons, shown as orange spots on the map.
Official Suicune of the B/W Boards! I <3 Boyce Avenue
Black FC: 0648 2976 5785 Black 2 FC: 2151 5964 5958

Lovelife090994
6 years ago#7
Draikonack posted...
You can still walk on water as Oshawott, just not in the first few dungeons. The water-walking only appears in later dungeons, shown as orange spots on the map.

Oh thank you! I love the new gris system! And the graphics! I am an Oshawott with a Pikachu partner.

User Info: SoulSlayer64x

SoulSlayer64x
6 years ago#8
Lovelife090994 posted...
Draikonack posted...

Oh thank you! I love the new gris system! And the graphics! I am an Oshawott with a Pikachu partner.

Oh my God, I have the same team.

User Info: DakotaDusty

DakotaDusty
6 years ago#9
SoulSlayer64x posted...
Lovelife090994 posted...
Draikonack posted...

Oh my God, I have the same team.

Me three :3
Hello guys, it's me, Bakura! I've been stalking you for the past five episodes. I hope that doesn't seem too suspicious.

Gameandwatch2
6 years ago#10
You can actually walk on the water that isn't displayed on the map in some other dungeons (Such as in corridors).

It just depends.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  3. Can water types still walk on water like in previous mystery dungeon games?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers