• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: airdishhhh

airdishhhh
6 years ago#1
It seems like I can't jump high enough. I have a hard time getting onto box and pipes and things. Anyone else? Did they change the physics or do I suck?

User Info: Mr_Sociopath

Mr_Sociopath
6 years ago#2
What you need to do is to crouch in the air while you jump. Think of it as lifting up your legs to help clear a jump. This should solve most of your problems I'm guessing.
Perhaps it was my poor grammar that led the lead mod to not restore my prostitute killing post. - rabid

User Info: Yojimbo_Beta

Yojimbo_Beta
6 years ago#3
You can also add an auto duck-jump script to the autoexec.cfg file in \Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\BMS\cfg.

The script is as follows:

bind "space" "+crouchjump"
alias +crouchjump "+jump; wait 5; duckON"
alias -crouchjump "wait 5; duckOFF; -jump"
alias duckON "+duck"
alias duckOFF "-duck"

This should allow you to duck-jump by just hitting space.
Final Fantasy 7: REBIRTH
Track the mod at http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-fantasy-7-rebirth

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 years ago#4
^ Don't do that. Please. Don't be lame. Hundreds and thousands of people have learned how to Crouch Jump before. If you can't do it, you should quit Source games altogether. It's a staple of the engine at this point.
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
6 years ago#5
Tekken9292 posted...
^ Don't do that. Please. Don't be lame. Hundreds and thousands of people have learned how to Crouch Jump before. If you can't do it, you should quit Source games altogether. It's a staple of the engine at this point.

Why bother if a script can just have it work the way it probably should on its own? lol.
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.

Yojimbo_Beta
6 years ago#6
Tekken9292 posted...

Look, pal, I've been playing First Person Shooters since the Doom era, on an ancient 66Mhz 80486. I know how to execute a damn jump and I don't need the script myself. But if BM's jumps are anaemic and players expect to only need simple jumps most of the time, the script ensures the gameplay matches those expectations.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 years ago#7
Your counter arguments equal to:
-Don't do that. You will be lame.
-But I want to do that, I want to be lame.
PSN ID: TekkenDevil9292
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.
(message deleted)

Yojimbo_Beta
6 years ago#9
Well, I think we will have to agree to disagree.

User Info: RaccoonCity

RaccoonCity
6 years ago#10
Is there something just broken with the jumping? Normal jump can't put me on top of even the shortest objects (even having to crouch-jump to pass over those 2-inch tracks in the underground tunnel).

I can see having crouch-jump and normal jump if they do different things; but having a crouch-jump with an entirely useless regular jump is an awful idea.
chrisAAMO
  • Topic Archived