• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 007 Legends
  3. After all these years, is this game worth buying?

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
5 years ago#1
huge Bond fan but this game got such bad reviews it put me off. Worth it for the fan service? Just saw specter and need my fix!

Also quick question. Could bloodstone and goldeneye be considered canon to the Danial Craig Bond universe?
Try my Mario Maker stages!
Hard 36BC-0000-0011-F3AD Medium 2A0A-0000-001303859 D0D9-0000-001F-B19B

User Info: Koopa-X

Koopa-X
5 years ago#2
goldeneye will always be Pierce Brosnan for me, no matter that they changed in for the wii version
Robot-YT
http://goldeneyekoopa.wix.com/goldeneye

User Info: Koopa-X

Koopa-X
5 years ago#3
During Pal times it can be hard to find a TC lobby in legends. I think it's easier for NTSC players. Cause i do seem to find it easier to find lobbies late at night.
Robot-YT
http://goldeneyekoopa.wix.com/goldeneye

User Info: Nsac

Nsac
5 years ago#4
U can find it cheap. So it would b worth it. The game is kinda broken but still fun. Can't team up. No Wii mote. Controls are not as adjustable as they r in goldeneye. Start at lowest setting. Ect. Fun online when u find a game. Single player is ok not great

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
5 years ago#5
tbh i'd just be getting itfor the single player.
Try my Mario Maker stages!
Hard 36BC-0000-0011-F3AD Medium 2A0A-0000-001303859 D0D9-0000-001F-B19B

User Info: Jacob46719

Jacob46719
5 years ago#6
ssj_duelist posted...
tbh i'd just be getting itfor the single player.

bad. it's really bad.
I'm a Lucid Dreamer, and I like to shapeshift myself a tail a lot.

User Info: twopinacoladas

twopinacoladas
5 years ago#7
I just got the game as I have been going through all the Bond Films and started reading the books recently.

I skipped most of the last Bond video games Quantum of Solace I got used cheap a while after it came out it was alright just couldn't get into it and still haven't beaten it will likely go back to it tho and finish it.

I skipped Blood Stone I was going to grab it as well but EB didn't have it.

I got 007 Legends recycled at EB. I couldn't believe they were trying to sell it new for $49.99 CAD, I could probably get it for $5-$10 at a pawn shop or other second hand store paid $19.99 for it used at EB.

The game I'd say looks very good I am only in the second mission or flash back On Her Majesty's Secret Service level. The game can be frustrating, I think I am playing on Agent I believe the lowest difficulty with classic non regenerating health. I might switch it as it is tough to find health and I am usually running around for far to long with only a tiny amount not knowing how I am still alive.

The Goldfinger level(s) were decent it is cool to see as a Bond fan and the music is awesome in the game right out of the films at parts. The problem I was having was with the aiming, later I discovered there is a auto aim assist where it will lock on to enemies which is much better once you get the hang of it. The main thing is I die a lot, regenerating health option might be better even tho traditionally I prefer the old style.

The level I am currently (possible spoiler) on looks amazing OHMSS inspired ski chase. It is very much like The World Is Not Enough N64 and NightFires Cold Reception levels with the ski chase but those were on rails and imo worked better. You bump a tree and you fail the mission, there are several cheap ways to fail or to die which bugs me.

If you find it cheap give it a try its not as good as Goldeneye Reloaded, I wanted to see how Eurocom's last Bond game was I skipped it originally but thought what the hell. I am going to keep playing it tho.

One thing I don't like with current shooters so much is the iron sights, the realistic carry 2 guns sort of deal. I like the way games like Goldeneye, TWINE, Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters play with the objectives less linear and scripted in most regards. Night Fire was also good the thing I got annoyed with was breaking levels up and having loading screens several times that take you out of the action in levels. That sort of happens in this game, you die, then a loading screen comes up it wouldn't be bad but there are cheap deaths at times that can make things extra annoying.

At this moment if I were giving it a ranking with my limited time playing it would probably be 6.5ish/10 some nice looking levels and good Bond music it just seems it needed a lot more polish where the game play is concerned so far. So far I have found it tough to be stealthy and there are hoards of enemies where things haven't really varied much.
www.itstimetosplit.com

User Info: ZAV1010

ZAV1010
5 years ago#8
The multiplayer is great! I played through all of the single player and liked it. Many others say the single player is bad, but I liked that it visited many different areas of Bond history.
Montages, Glitches, Commentaries and Competitive Gameplays: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZAV1010

User Info: palkia19

palkia19
5 years ago#9
It's worth buying. People will say what they want, but the game is ok.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCRbH-IN9hpFbYlXtBGRs89A
NNID: KingArc92
  1. Boards
  2. 007 Legends
  3. After all these years, is this game worth buying?
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Ready for Team Conflict?ZAV101028/6 3:25AM

GameFAQs Q&A